A question about seasons. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #1

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
A question about seasons.

So Folks what is your pleasure.

For myself everything comes down to seasons what is your pleasure and why.
I'm very much about both spring and fall for camping, in spring I can taste the summer new growth all around in the fall the end of another great year with colors changing something I look forward to. Here in Vancouver we really only have two season's winter and summer both are OK but when I head upcountry I get to experience all seasons in a way that is different. I watch as plants grow in spring at wonderment, and again in fall as things change the fall colors amaze me. Don't get me wrong I can easily pack a winter get away should I want but mostly hope for a mild winter here in front of the fireplace.. Last winter by our meaning Vancouver standards it was really cold and snow something we are not use to, spring was wet and not nice but this summer has been very hot and dry. As I come into fall and consider where my trailer will be for the winter it may be the end of Oct. before I decide if I keep it close to home or pack for another hard winter. Then maybe I'll plan for a better winter in the sun.

So I sit in my Bigfoot good for all seasons and enjoy another season waiting for fall.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:34 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Alot depends on where you live. When we camp here in south Texas, it's generally during about an 8 month period - end of September/early October through late April/early May. It's too hot (for us) to camp here in June, July, August and most of September.

Generally when our northern friends are in the dead of winter, we are in perfect camping weather, with lows in the 40s and 50s, and highs in the 60s. We don't get the pronounced seasons like you do, but sometimes we make it up north in the fall or spring which we quite enjoy.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
We're just a few hundred miles south of you, about 50 miles south of Portland. This last spring was cool and wet, summer hot and dry. We did manage a couple summer trips and now about ready to make a fall trip. Our normal camping season is winter in points south. The winters here are cold and wet, very wet. One of the nice things about owning the trailer is can move with the weather. Therefore we head south for the winter. There's many places to go then. We prefer to avoid summer week-ends with crowded campgrounds, lots of kids and dogs. We've found that winter is much more enjoyable. I have no idea where we'll be in January. February is usually Death Valley, March unknown. April back home.

There's a lot to see and do in much of the SW. I could fill a couple of pages of the wonderful things we've seen and done in a SW winter in the stretching from New Orleans to Reno NV.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Generally I like spring and fall best. Generally we are able to avoid extremes by train to good seasons. However sometimes weather wins.

This spring we went to Newfoundland in early May, usually a cool spring. This year it was initially cold and we were actually snowed on, 14 inches on May 26th. No one we met could recall such a late snow. I guess date guarantes nothing. Of course there's some measure of fun in a here today gone tomorrow snow storm.

As well as the snow, there was a modern record of sea ice this year in NL. Again an interesting out of the box weather event.

Ginny and I are fortunate to go wherever the weather meets our needs. Generally we rarely turn our air conditioner or gas heater on.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I live in a mid-altitude (5300'), four-season area of eastern Arizona. Fall is my favorite season here. Summer monsoons yield to warm dry days and crisp nights. It is heralded by fields of sunflowers carpeting the local meadows, followed by aspens turning golden in the high country, giving way to cottonwoods in the canyons. Ironically fall is when we do the least camping, mainly because there is so much to do right in our back yard.

Winter in the Sonoran desert is wonderful, as Byron says, culminating in the cactus bloom of early spring. Late spring camping in coastal CA and mid-summer trips to the higher elevations of CA, AZ, CO, UT, and NM... I have often said I can find nice camping conditions within a half days' drive any month of the year. Extend that to a days' drive and there is a lifetime of new places to visit.

We are a homeschooling family, and I love the flexibility it gives us to take advantage of all four seasons!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:08 AM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
My favorite seasons are fall and winter .
Fall for the colors , warm days and cool nights.
Winter for the cold ,crisp air and blanket of white on the ground.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #7

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
since i'm full timing, i try to avoid the extremes, very hot summers/extremely cold winters. i love all of the seasons, but if i had to pick, i guess fall is my favorite, i like the nip in the air/the colors/the animals who are readying themselves for a winter sleep. but honestly, any day i get up and get to enjoy my surroundings is a great day!
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Love Spring and Fall. Spring because it reminds me that good weather is on the way. Fall because it's hunting season, hiking in the woods, and all the good memories that brings.

I hate hurricane season. First Texas, and now Florida in peril. Prayers and good wishes for all our friends and family down there.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote