a real oven! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Got some pictures of an Escape 19 with a three burner piezo lighting range
WITH
an oven!

Here is a link

Problem is it takes away two drawers but... gawd!

An OVEN?

I think I'll learn to bake!

ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
An OVEN?
Hey Ron,

I just spent $$$ to get a working 30 year old three burner range - With an oven - That also works as a vented furnace!!!!

I can eat my cake and stay warm, too.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
My Compact II has the oven option. I lit it once last year, just to make sure it worked. I think I'm the first person to EVER light it, because some paint got singed/burned on the metal panel above the burner, and after only a few minutes of it running I had to turn it off because it was ROASTING ME OUT of the trailer! hehe
A handy option if you want to bake a cake or something on a trip, but for now mine is just another drawer/cabinet to store things in...hehe

Joe

PS
I've noticed the same tradeoff in pictures of other Compacts, rigs that do not have the oven option gain two drawers below the stove. I'd LOVE that more I think! hehe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... I think for now I'll just take my Kenner Easy-Bake along, and keep my drawers
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Hi: All... keep my drawers
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

I wear mine.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
An oven in an egg? hmmmmm, I can't imagine how quick it would heat the inside up. Plus I am of the age where the internal oven starts so the thought of sleeping in a little egg that had cake baking in it for 45 to 50 minutes doesn't make the oven appealing. I am sure some might find it an option they would want, but for me, I can live without the cake while camping .
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ron, you're really thinking about moving uptown! First an air conditioner.. now an oven? If you come to the Oregon Gathering, I'm coming to your site for beer bread! I think the idea of smelling something yummy baking while camping sounds cozy. My trailer doesn't have an oven, so I get around it by finding microwave recipes... or, take pre-baked items or use a crockpot, or toaster oven. Others use Dutch Ovens. hummmm.... not sure I'd use a regular oven
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #8

Trailer: Boler and U-Haul
Quote:
Ron, you're really thinking about moving uptown! First an air conditioner.. now an oven? If you come to the Oregon Gathering, I'm coming to your site for beer bread! I think the idea of smelling something yummy baking while camping sounds cozy. My trailer doesn't have an oven, so I get around it by finding microwave recipes... or, take pre-baked items or use a crockpot, or toaster oven. Others use Dutch Ovens. hummmm.... not sure I'd use a regular oven
Donna If you go on Bass Pro Shops web site and type in Camp Chef Propane Camp Oven &Stove
they have one for about $200, they also have the old camp folding oven for $30
Alan Ursacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #9

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Our fiberglass trailers lack ovens. I love having an oven! Point taken Robin G about that internal oven but we winter camp and nothing beats fresh cornbread with soup or chili or a custom birthday cake for a friend. I plan to put a new stove with oven in the Bigfoot because the original owners went with the microwave oven option which was probably seen as a big whoop de do back then. I can put a small microwave in a cabinet to warm drinks and make popcorn!

I've cooked a whole thanksgiving dinner out camping many years. The smell of roasting turkey and fresh pumpkin pie gets tongues wagging in the campgrounds!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
I've cooked a whole thanksgiving dinner out camping many years. The smell of roasting turkey and fresh pumpkin pie gets tongues wagging in the campgrounds!
Ok, for winter camping I could see the benefit! And would be the first in line for the smell factor.

We spent many years fall/winter/spring camping at Nacimiento Lake growing up. My parents owned a Rv site a Heritage Ranch and we enjoyed many a Thanksgiving Dinner there. I guess my Mom cooked the Turkey in the Rv oven along with my dad smoking a turkey on the grill. But the thought of an oven in the summer still makes me cringe!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I did not have a micorwave or an oven until this spring. Due to space I had to decide which I really missed the most. I decided on a large toaster oven with lots of options/features & one that would hold at least an 10"x8" dish was what I wanted. Glad I did. Used the trailer a lot this summer and although it was a dry summer here in BC we still had a number of cool/rainy nights that the oven was put to use and produced some nice dinners without having to face the wet weather.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #12

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
Quote:
I just spent $ to get a working 30 year old three burner range - With an oven - That also works as a vented furnace!!!!
It seems that one of these was advertised on the Mankato Craigslist and sold. I'd give my eye tooth (the left one with the fancy ceramics) for such a beast if heating the trailer is optional. Any details? Make, model? How is it working for you?

I roasted a turkey breast and then baked a fruit crumble on my Weber Q100 portable grill last weekend. I set the grill at minimum flame and used two layers of bread pans, with a spacer between to keep the bottom of the food from scorching. I am going to experiment with a cake next trip (next year). I just wish the grill had a thermometer.

But I would much rather have a little oven in the trailer.
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #13

Trailer: Summit Weekend Refuge
Quote:
Our fiberglass trailers lack ovens. I love having an oven! Point taken Robin G about that internal oven but we winter camp and nothing beats fresh cornbread with soup or chili or a custom birthday cake for a friend. I plan to put a new stove with oven in the Bigfoot because the original owners went with the microwave oven option which was probably seen as a big whoop de do back then. I can put a small microwave in a cabinet to warm drinks and make popcorn!

Lizbeth,

Lalah and I are with you. It is realy nice to be able to bake things when you are on the road. After all, one of the nice things about camping is that you don't have to eat out all the time---but can maintain somewhat the same lifestyle you are used to at home.

After being out for a week or so, we are usually lusting after a chocloate chip cake or biscuits or cornbread.

I am going to check out that Camp Chef oven Allen provided the link for!
Art Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #14

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I'd give my eye tooth (the left one with the fancy ceramics) for such a beast if heating the trailer is optional. Any details? Make, model?

But I would much rather have a little oven in the trailer.
The Fiber Streams and Amerigos of a certain vintage (1975-1980) came equipped with a Duette Range/Heater Model 183-60 They stopped making those combo units in 1980. Later vintage Fiber Streams (1981-1986) were equipped with a Magic Chef RV range, and a separate RV furnace.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 AM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
I didn't realize ovens were such a *hot* commodity!
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote