A very compact trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #1

Name: Becky
Trailer: Scamp 19 Foot 5th Wheel
Mississippi
A very compact trailer

I love my Scamp 5th wheel, but this trailer is amazing:

Conqueror Australia | Conqueror Australia’s Urban Escape Vehicles are the ultimate Aussie off-road camper trailer built to travel anywhere.

I wonder if everything (glasses, dishes, etc) will really stay in place. It looks nice, but it seems there is so much that might go wrong and need maintenance.
beckyruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Those expedition type pop-ups are very popular down there. Not really cheap either.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Here you go, similarly made here in USA ADAK Trailers - ADAK is the Big Dog in adventure/overland trailers.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Nice concept but I like to just open the door and go inside and not have to pop things up or open.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I look at it and go 'ew'.... nope, not for me. It looks like too many moving parts to break, and deal with to set up. Its very chaotic looking too. It would not be fun to take down in the rain (and then have to put back up again once I'm home so it dries). Heavier than my 13footer, and not nearly as cute.
I like stopping the car and just opening the trailer door to go inside.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
That ADAK might be great for off road use, but on the highway it's a brute compared to FG eggs. 23.5' long by 8.5' wide, and over 5,000 lbs loaded for travel. If they ever build a 'mini' version I might look again.

Interesting, though, that they mold the parts and bond them, so it's similar to the eggs... only they have multiple bonded sections instead of just two.

The other thing that struck me was the entry door. The top part looks like a leak waiting to happen, a la Burro.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
They do make a smaller model ADAK Trailers - 11.9' Bivouac - ADAK Trailers
Old 02-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
The Australian trailers definitely seem to be designed for ruggedness rather than looks, which would suit me fine since my Casita spends much of its traveling life at BLM and Forest Service locations. I guess it doesn't take long to reach the unpaved roads down there in Australia. I've often wondering what percentage of RV users in this country keep to the pavement and the campgrounds. I'm guessing it's well over 90% and I'm a small minority.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #9

Name: Pineapple Man
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Ohio
Just curious and checked out the ADAK 11.9 Bivouac - 40K !! (yes, you read that correctly)
Old 02-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #10

Name: Rae
Trailer: Boler
Ohio
Holy Cow!

40 k is way too pricey! I'll stick to my little Boler!
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:42 PM   #11

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Wow. I'm still not a fan, even after looking at all the photos. The Bivouac interior reminds me of a prison cell. Really, really basic inside. (for $40K???)

Maybe they need a few more photos to show it off a little better.
Or, I must be missing whatever makes it worth that much money.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #12

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Interesting trailer, but not appealing to me at all - price too high, too many things to go wrong, and I find it ugly. All of that is ok I think because I appreciate the need for a wide range of units.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #13

Name: Bill
Trailer: Future purchase
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
The Australian trailers definitely seem to be designed for ruggedness rather than looks, which would suit me fine since my Casita spends much of its traveling life at BLM and Forest Service locations. I guess it doesn't take long to reach the unpaved roads down there in Australia. I've often wondering what percentage of RV users in this country keep to the pavement and the campgrounds. I'm guessing it's well over 90% and I'm a small minority.
Terry:
Hello. Newbie here. How does your Casita hold up to BLM and Forest Service locations, and roads? Are they tough enough? Are they high enough? Do they hold together? (I have heard Casita's have a problem with pop rivets coming out.) Have you made any special modifications to yours for the off road use?
My thanks.
Bill
rangefinder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #14

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangefinder27 View Post
Terry:
Hello. Newbie here. How does your Casita hold up to BLM and Forest Service locations, and roads? Are they tough enough? Are they high enough? Do they hold together? (I have heard Casita's have a problem with pop rivets coming out.) Have you made any special modifications to yours for the off road use?
My thanks.
Bill
Bill, Mine's a 1996 and I had some loose rivets that had to be replaced when I bought it 4 years ago. Oddly enough, I haven't had a single problem with any of them since. I changed out all the lights to LED's, which use less current, so that the battery lasts longer. (Everybody should do that, no matter how they camp.) The two biggest problems I had on 4WD roads was the low hanging dump valves getting knocked and the step getting bent. I rebuilt the dump valves higher and properly secured and had the step removed entirely and use a stand-alone. No problems since. Hope this helps.

An interesting aside--I had a buddy that would camp with me the last couple years in his brand new Jayco---a sticky with the cheap aluminum siding. He went to check his unit at the storage lot a couple months ago and found out that it had been completely totaled by a hailstorm. I've been in huge thunderstorms and a couple hailstorms in my Casita and although it can get awfully loud inside, there was absolutey no damage to anything. Our little eggs are tough!
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote