aalite trailers/ motor homes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #1

Name: adam
Trailer: aalite
Michigan
aalite trailers/ motor homes

so im not seeing a whole lot of info on these aalite dodge chassis, trailor or otherwise. i find it interesting that as hard as it is to find info on the company or product, no one has yet to compile a complete history on them. maybe someone on here knows something i don't??

my 69' is coming along nicely , replaced the starter and she fired right up after siting for at least three years to my knowledge. brakes were a real bear on the full floater and i'm still having problems at the power booster, of which i had yet to see the likes of.

anyhow let us come together as aalite owners and get the word out or dig it up, tired of the travcos and bolers geting all the attentions lol
adam_doyle20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Well Adam, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's doubtful you'll get the support for your project here on FiberglassRV. This forum is dedicated to all-molded-towable trailers. Besides "we don't speak Motorhome"

You may find the support you seek and the assistance you want at: http://www.irv2.com and the Open Road Forums at RV.net

Adam, I checked your post from 2014. I still think you'd have more luck posting where (at least) motorhomes owners hang out.

Best of luck, truly
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #3

Michigan
although the aalite is not a tow-able trailer your statement couldn't be further from the truth. just by looking at the two different builds you can see they are identical in manufacture. the only difference may be the dual axles at rear and lack of engine in the trailer. the shell is still a molded Fiberglas "egg" with a wooden flange or seam.

what about manufacturer info on the trailers anyway? there is still no info on them here. and as far as "motor home speak" goes, really whats the difference if the truck your hauling it with is separate or molded to it?

i hope that i do not sound aggressive or offensive, i just don't see the purpose of this fine line you have drawn between these two products made by the same shell builder.

please note that aalite is in fact included in the list of trailer manufactures on this site
Old 04-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Actually, Adam, it's not a fine line. This site is about "Molded Lightweight Fiberglass Travel Trailers," and as such, the majority of the folks here know about trailers, not motorhomes. AALite made both, so AAlite is in our list of manufacturers. Some folks here may find your project interesting, but we're not the best group to offer you advice on the power train, etc. (We can help with fiberglass issues, resetting windows, vents, etc. and all the other things that your motorhome has in common with the trailers.) Donna was just trying to point you in a more productive direction - and maybe let you know why Bolers are getting "all" of the attention. (Not sure about TraveCo.)

From our home page: your Molded Lightweight Fiberglass Travel Trailer RV website! ... intended as a free resource for those who are looking for, or who own, molded fiberglass travel trailers. Various topics include maintenance and repair, towing, modifications, and almost anything else related to molded fiberglass travel trailers ...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #5

Michigan
smh
Old 04-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #6

For those that don't understand text speak:
Click image for larger version

Name:	SMH.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	94176

Adam, this is all I know about your brand of motorhome.
Click image for larger version

Name:	AaliteJPG.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	94177

Wishing you the best
Old 04-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Thanks Donna for that info cuz that' kinda what I'm doing right now
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #8

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
I am interested in seeing some pics of your project. Why not start an online photo album on here. That way everyone can see that the camper portion is Fiberglass and we all some common ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_doyle20000 View Post
although the aalite is not a tow-able trailer your statement couldn't be further from the truth. just by looking at the two different builds you can see they are identical in manufacture. the only difference may be the dual axles at rear and lack of engine in the trailer. the shell is still a molded Fiberglas "egg" with a wooden flange or seam.

what about manufacturer info on the trailers anyway? there is still no info on them here. and as far as "motor home speak" goes, really whats the difference if the truck your hauling it with is separate or molded to it?

i hope that i do not sound aggressive or offensive, i just don't see the purpose of this fine line you have drawn between these two products made by the same shell builder.

please note that aalite is in fact included in the list of trailer manufactures on this site
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:52 AM   #9

Here's Adams thread from 2014. There's pictures: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ite-63090.html

This is the list of Aalite owners. There's 10. Only two have posted, one of those is Adam.
Attached Thumbnails
AaliteList.JPG