ABA Travel Park in Houston - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-26-2018, 11:17 PM   #1

Name: K
Trailer: C
Iowa
ABA Travel Park in Houston

Anyone ever stay here?

Welcome to the heart of Houston — Welcome to ABA Travel Park

If so, how was it?
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #2

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
I taught in that area for 20 years. Most of it is the other side of the tracks, but there are some nice pocket neighborhoods. If the rv park is gated and you dont plan on walking outside of it at night, you should be fine. Close proximity to everything is priceless in Houston.
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #3

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Texas
Registry
RV in Houston

I live on the south side of Houston in Friendswood. What I would ask is where are you going or what do you want to do? Did you pick it for location or price? If you plan to go any where you might watch www.drivetexas.org for closures and construction.
Here is a nice one with a little lake in League City Green Caye RV Park - Dickinson, TexasGreen Caye RV Park | Dickinson, Texas - about half way between Houston and Galveston. Gulf Freeway is a little easier to navigate than Katy /I-10 in my opinion.
macmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #4

Name: Henry
Trailer: Scamp 2017 16-ft SD / FB
Texas
I live in the Spring Branch area and drove by the RV park this afternoon. It's not for me there are better location in Houston. Try the Westlake RV Resort on Clay Road near Barker Cypress. Much better area but is not close to downtown Houston.
Gattopuin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #5

Name: Consuelo
Trailer: Researching
Tennessee
Not sure if you have to be right in Houston. Over the past 4 years, we've stayed at 3 decent RV parks in the area:

Fallbrook RV Resort is clean, safe, and has good amenities. But it is essentially a parking lot. It is in a part of town that might be quite convenient, depending on your needs. It is very expensive.

Houston East RV Resort is actually in Baytown (SE of Houston). It is well managed, has decent amenities, and is reasonably priced. It is right off of I-10 so might be bit noisy depending on which site you get.

Magnolia Forest RV Park is my favorite by far! It is in the town of Magnolia, which is north of Houston. Nice sites with trees, good amenities, away from the big city traffic and congestion, and is reasonably priced. The camp hosts (Ginger and Wade, and Sydney and Bonnie) are excellent. It is about a 1-hour drive (traffic is always a crap-shoot in Houston) from MD Anderson in downtown Houston.