American Girl Doll Camper-ONLY $295! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
American Girl Doll Camper-ONLY $295!

Being a pre-school teacher, big kid, and lover of toys (have a Barbie room!), I was excited to see an American Girl doll catalog arrive in my mailbox. Now, I don't have an American Girl, but my friend's daughter does, and I noticed they had dental braces for the doll and thought that would be fun for her, as she is getting braces this month!

Imagine my delight when I turned the page and saw "Lanie" the outdoors girl with her own camper! Dang, it's cute-----not unlike our eggs! (At least more like an Egg than the stupid campers Barbie has!)

Anybody getting your granddaughter/daughter one of these for Christmas?!?!?!
Can I come over and play????
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Here's the pic! I expected cuter, but it looks like they went with function! Loooks like we have a rear bath and a hitch heavy weight distribution. I hope she has a load leveling hitch!
Attached Thumbnails
G0740_main_2.jpg  
Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
Ebay...$499
with doll and accessories..$699
Ouch!!!

Sure done look like my trailer. More like a box on wheels.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Thanks Matt for posting pic!

I got a kick out of the fact Lanie has a shower, but no porta-potty! (Thinking about the discussion going on about pros and cons of bathroom in our campers.)

Was reading the feedback about this little camper---many of the buyers were complaining it is heavy, and hard to move----sounds like the wheels don't really roll. For $300 bucks, you'd think they could at least make it roll! But at over 40 pounds, they might not want it to roll over a kid
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 AM   #5

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
That is too cute!!! --cuter than my Barbie camper &/or the vet
Ann B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #6

Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp 16 - floor plan #4
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
I got a kick out of the fact Lanie has a shower, but no porta-potty! (Thinking about the discussion going on about pros and cons of bathroom in our campers.)
Apparently Lanie doesn't like having to deal with black water. Like my former-Scamp-owning cousin, who says that if she ever got another one, it wouldn't have a bathroom like her 13-footer did. She used to have elbow-length rubber gloves for the dump station.
Joe in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in MN View Post
Apparently Lanie doesn't like having to deal with black water. Like my former-Scamp-owning cousin, who says that if she ever got another one, it wouldn't have a bathroom like her 13-footer did. She used to have elbow-length rubber gloves for the dump station.
Trust me dumping a black water tank is way easier than cleaning a Porta potty - which one needs to wear even longer and thicker rubber gloves to scrub out. She must have had something very wrong with her set up or system or dumping procedure to need to wear elbow length rubber gloves. A lot of people I know just use hospital gloves and toss them - but if you happen to have an old pair of dish washing gloves its a lot "greener" to reuse.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Trust me dumping a black water tank is way easier than cleaning a Porta potty - which one needs to wear even longer and thicker rubber gloves to scrub out. She must have had something very wrong with her set up or system or dumping procedure to need to wear elbow length rubber gloves. A lot of people I know just use hospital gloves and toss them - but if you happen to have an old pair of dish washing gloves its a lot "greener" to reuse.

I think its coiling up and storing the scary hose and couplers that frighten people off. As far as the porta potty is concerned, I've not scrubbed out the inside. I usually rinse it a few times, and that's about it.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #9

Minnesota
Registry
I really don't mind dumping black water too much, as long as nothing goes wrong... Last two times, something has gone wrong... My post elsewhere here about revising my dump plumbing fits in with this to some extent. The truly crummy hose with the loose fitting that came with my new (old) trailer is a part of my recent misadventures also. The nice new hose I got at Wally World is still in the garage because it needs some modifications to fit inside the stowage tube on the front of the trailer. (That is getting fixed Real Soon Now.)

Regarding my cousin and her elbow-length dump station gloves (which I imagine being something like what veterinarians use at calving time), she's a nurse. The only class of people that I know of which is more squeamish about sanitation is microbiology majors.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
The nice new hose I got at Wally World is still in the garage because it needs some modifications to fit inside the stowage tube on the front of the trailer. (That is getting fixed Real Soon Now.)
Joe good luck trying to get any of the good hoses and fittings to fit into the standard tube scamp has on the front. I have an 8" round white pipe thats a lot longer than the standard tube. Its attached under the tongue just at the front of the trailer and it takes the hose and all the extra parts for it. I know a number of people have ended up putting the same type of set up at the back of their trailers for the same reason.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #11

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
I have to say the poo hose holder on our 5th wheel is rather hard to use when hooked up so it goes in a 5 gal. bucket until we get around to finding a better spot.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
I think its coiling up and storing the scary hose and couplers that frighten people off. As far as the porta potty is concerned, I've not scrubbed out the inside. I usually rinse it a few times, and that's about it.

It not the hose or the dumping that I object to. It's the eventual leak and associated problems to fix and there is a certain amount of stink. Maybe small, but it's still there. Much worse after the leak, of course.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #13

Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I have an 8" round white pipe thats a lot longer than the standard tube. Its attached under the tongue just at the front of the trailer and it takes the hose and all the extra parts for it.
That is an EXCELLENT idea , Carol, thank you! I can picture just the right kind of sewer pipe at Big Orange, and also maybe even getting to use my new pop rivet gun (which has yet to be used in anger).
Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #14

Registry
Cool

Quote:
That is an EXCELLENT idea , Carol, thank you! I can picture just the right kind of sewer pipe at Big Orange, and also maybe even getting to use my new pop rivet gun (which has yet to be used in anger).
The only thing I use my Scamp holder for is an extra slinky hose. You should be able to pick up all the same parts in white that are used to make the Scamp front holder including the screw on end caps etc at any big outlet like Home Depot. Drill some holes in the bottom of the pipe so it drains after you put a wet hose away. You may want to pick up all your needed connections first so you are sure you get a wide enough pipe. Not sure if you are aware but at many campground do not let you just drop the hose into the ground trap - you need to purchase a connection such as the one pictured which is much wider than the slinky hose.
Attached Images