America's Largest RV Show, Hershey PA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2018, 01:29 PM   #1

Name: Henry
Trailer: Scamp 2017 16-ft SD / FB
Texas
America's Largest RV Show, Hershey PA

Has anyone attended the "World Largest RV Show" in Hershey PA.

I have seen several ads for the event scheduled from 9-12 thru 9-16.

My question is it worth the effort to attend or is it a waste of time.

I have been to RV show, seen the $300 / $700 thousand rigs but I'm not interested in trading my 16-ft Scamp. As we all have, I search for ideas to make our Scamping adventure better.

Give me your thoughts Thanks
Gattopuin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
I attend a large rv show in the Chicago area, even though I have a scamp 13. Like you mentioned, i like to see what is new out there and try to get ideas for myself. I also very much enjoy seeing the class b campers from hymer/roadtrek, because I think they are very interesting and maybe someday something I will look into.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:01 PM   #3

Name: Rick
Trailer: Casita
Texas
We went to Hershey a couple of years ago and had a great time. The event is huge and well managed, and focuses on sales of new RVs. For those who want to compare the various classes of RVs it is an awesome opportunity to see hundreds of models at the same time, and there are a lot of great price bargains.

In your case, though, the show probably is not a great value. There are some vendors selling RV products that are mostly geared towards motorhomes and full-sized trailers. There are a few vendors selling things that might be applicable for small trailers. There are some seminars, but most of them are vendor-based (i.e. focused on promoting their products) and/or topics that are easily researched online.
Pville211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #4

Name: Denton
Trailer: shopping
New York
I was planning to go (would have been our first show) but a last minute conflict will prevent it. I emailed Bearcat to see if they will be attending, and they won't be. I also emailed Oliver, didn't hear back altho it was only a couple of days ago. I know Airstream was there is 2016 but not sure if they are coming this year. Haven't heard either way (thses are primarily the brands we are interested in).
denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #5

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gompka View Post
I attend a large rv show in the Chicago area, even though I have a scamp 13. Like you mentioned, i like to see what is new out there and try to get ideas for myself. I also very much enjoy seeing the class b campers from hymer/roadtrek, because I think they are very interesting and maybe someday something I will look into.
:you should see the new pleasure way Class B+'s with murphy bed, and or twin beds 7.5'WX22'9"L and about 10'High, wish I could afford one but right now our big 2006 which is paid for has to do.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #6

Name: Linda
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Virginia
Hershey RV Show

My husband and I have gone to Hershey many times and usually stay several days when we go. There are not usually fiberglass rvs there, but Airstream is there every year. There are rvs of all sizes for you to tour and vendors of all varieties. The seminars are excellent. Gary Bunzer (the RV Doctor) is there every year. If you go to the Hershey show's website, it will list all the seminars, rv manufacturers and vendors attending. We are not as far away as you are, but it is well worth the trip for us.
BluebonnetGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #7

Name: Carl
Trailer: Scamp 16
Pennsylvania
Only a few hour from me, I may go. I like looking, but I am not buying. Carl
Charlieone1 is offline   Reply With Quote