amerigo slide-in and amerigo on a dodge chassis - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #1

Trailer: Amerigo Slide-in Truck Camper and Amerigo on Dodge Chassis
Hello,

I'm new to the site. I've thought the Amerigo was a good design since I was a kid in the '70s and went camping with friends. There were (3) amerigo slide-ins within the group of (4) campers. I bought a '72 from the original owner, with the snap & nap in 2003. I spotted an Amerigo while in Minnesota this past summer and left them a note saying I'd be interested if they ever sell. I bought that one in January. It's on a '77 Dodge motorhome (1 ton van) chassis with a 440 engine. Doesn't run very well so I need to rebuild the carb.
It sat idle for a few year in Rochester, MN. this guy got bought it and did some restoration inside, and then decided to sell it to buy a trailer.

Look forward to hearing about other Amerigos.

Tim
Tim O'Toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI Tim, welcome to FiberglassRV. We have several Amerigo owners here, but these are trailers not truck campers. There's a couple of pictures in our Album: Amerigo. That's our focus here on FiberglassRV. Feel free to hang out tho.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Hello,

I'm new to the site. I've thought the Amerigo was a good design since I was a kid in the '70s and went camping with friends. There were (3) amerigo slide-ins within the group of (4) campers. I bought a '72 from the original owner, with the snap & nap in 2003. I spotted an Amerigo while in Minnesota this past summer and left them a note saying I'd be interested if they ever sell. I bought that one in January. It's on a '77 Dodge motorhome (1 ton van) chassis with a 440 engine. Doesn't run very well so I need to rebuild the carb.
It sat idle for a few year in Rochester, MN. this guy got bought it and did some restoration inside, and then decided to sell it to buy a trailer.

Look forward to hearing about other Amerigos.

Tim
We would love to see pics of this. I'm trying to imagine a FGRV mounted on a van chassis.
dsheets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #4

Trailer: Amerigo Slide-in Truck Camper and Amerigo on Dodge Chassis
Well, I didn't realize this site was focused on complete FG trailers, so my Amerigo's are half-breeds. They have aluminum side panels. The roof and front beds are FG. On the motorhome, the skirt (from the floor down) around the outside is FG. Amazing that it isn't cracked anywhere. The van chassis has about 120K miles on it.

The picture of the truck and van is from this past summer when I discovered the MH. I was at a tractor show and happened to park (1) row away from the MH.

Tim

I've "attached" pictures. I don't know if it will work.

Attached Thumbnails
2007_0729Image0029.JPG   2007_0729Image0027.JPG  

Tim O'Toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #5

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
Well, I didn't realize this site was focused on complete FG trailers, so my Amerigo's are half-breeds. They have aluminum side panels. The roof and front beds are FG. On the motorhome, the skirt (from the floor down) around the outside is FG. Amazing that it isn't cracked anywhere. The van chassis has about 120K miles on it.

The picture of the truck and van is from this past summer when I discovered the MH. I was at a tractor show and happened to park (1) row away from the MH.

Tim

I've "attached" pictures. I don't know if it will work.
Hang out anyhow. Those two have a very nice presence. Fiberglass lives forever.

Tags
amerigo