An enjoyable breakfast display - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
An enjoyable breakfast display

We live in the country, wooded property about 100 yards from the highway. There were about 7 deer that came out of the woods and into our front yard. They spent several minutes running, jumping, and just generally cavorting around. They also did some grazing amid their fooling around. We've had deer in the yard including drinking from our bird bath but never saw any playfulness before. We also have chipmunks, wild turkeys, woodchucks, raccoons, assorted birds including pileated woodpeckers. We've heard coyotes but not seen them. No bears to report. I lived the first 61 years of my life in town. During the last 15 since moving to the country I've found out what I had been missing. AND, I don't get any flak from anybody about the two trailers we store in our driveway.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
It sounds like paradise, rgrugg. I'm surprised you are tempted to travel when you have such beauty at your doorstep. Lucky you!
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have an area that floods to about 6 inches deep in our back yard and the fawns just love to run and jump and spin in that shallow water. They are as agile as dogs.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #4

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Although we live in the suburbs, Marin County, just north of San Francisco, we are gifted with frequent sitings of deer as they love to munch on vegetation in front and back yards. Also seen are wild turkeys, Canadian geese and less frequently; mountain lions. While on a hiking trail not far from our home my husband chanced to see a fresh bloody deer leg in the middle of the trail! Fortunately he had the wherewithal to retreat knowing that mountain lions have been seen in the area. Less than an hour from our home we have been backpacking in bear country. Although we have never seen one we have seen evidence of them and rangers report their presence.

The abundance of wildlife can be attributed to the amount of open space and wildlife refuges here (Golden Gate National Recreation Area and Point Reyes National Park as well as numerous state parks such as Taylor and Tamalpais.) We can thank our predecessors for saving so much land as open space so we, and future generations can enjoy it. We are ever grateful to be living where we do.

PS Fiberglass RVers might want to camp at Olema RV Resort and Campground. You will be very near some beautiful natural areas including Point Reyes National Seashore, Stinson Beach and the town of Point Reyes Station.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote