Another Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Here's the successor to our previous Bigfoot 17.5CB. It's a 2005 Bigfoot 21RB.
Let me know what you all think even if it's to point out any flaws.

http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/b...nt=24e7bad1.pbw
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Looks great Steve...

Are those outside speakers i see, and fiberglass spare tire cover?? Looks like its loaded with all the options..

The only problem i see, is that its not being towed behind your truck yet.
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Looks great Steve...

Are those outside speakers i see, and fiberglass spare tire cover?? Looks like its loaded with all the options..

The only problem i see, is that its not being towed behind your truck yet.
Thanks Phil! Yes, it has the factory outside speakers and fiberglass spare tire cover. I'm not sure about the need or want for the speakers but they're there.

Soon to be traveling along Interstate 10.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Nice looking trailer. It has the Phat ladder. The awning looks like it needs a good cleaning.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Nice looking trailer. It has the Phat ladder. The awning looks like it needs a good cleaning.
Thanks Bob! Not only the Phat ladder but it also has the Maggie Rack instead of the typical wrap around rack. I don't know if I like it or not yet but on the surface it seems a little more versatile, especially with the availability of the Thule and Yakima accessories. Yes, the awning is dirty. So is the rest of the exterior.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Beautiful Bigfoot! I like the "skookum" ladder and I would bet that you will find that you enjoy the outside speakers in the right environment. Have fun with it!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Looks Good. I know you will enjoy it.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Congratulations! It needs a good bath and polish, other than that it's a beauty!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Wink

Quote:
Let me know what you all think
I think I am [b]green with envy!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #10

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Congratulations’ Steve,

We really like our Bigfoot 21RB travel trailer. You should consider joining the Bigfoot Owners Club and come to this year’s annual rally in Colorado.

Dean
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
Congratulations’ Steve,

We really like our Bigfoot 21RB travel trailer. You should consider joining the Bigfoot Owners Club and come to this year’s annual rally in Colorado.

Dean
Steve has been a member over there, since he had his 17ft
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #12

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Way 2 go Steve! You'll like the extra room moving up from the 17'. Let us know how you find towing the larger BF.....
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #13

Thanks everyone for the replies. Now all we have to do is pick up the trailer. Our last one took us up to Portland, a distance over 1100 miles from San Diego. The 21RB is in the opposite corner of the country and about twice the distance. It looks like there is at least one rally along the way. Hopefully our timing will allow attending one of them.

Phil is correct. We have been members of BOCI since owning our 17.5 Bigfoot.

Skookum? Another word added to my vocabulary. So far it's been fun trying it out.

I have to admit we struggled with the decision to buy either a Bigfoot 25RQ or the Bigfoot 21RB. The sleeping arrangement with the 17.5 was the only issue with us. The trailer was almost perfect otherwise. It was easy to tow and had all of the amenities we needed. And the construction quality was top notch save the cabinetry. We're hoping the 21RB will pick up the slack.

I mentioned earlier that our new to us 21RB has a Maggie Rack, manufactured by the same company that makes the Phat ladder, and that it is designed to accommodate Thule and Yakima accessories. That got me to wondering if anyone uses the top of their trailer to store stuff. Has anyone used one of those enclosed carriers for roof storage?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #14

Quote:
I mentioned earlier that our new to us 21RB has a Maggie Rack, manufactured by the same company that makes the Phat ladder, and that it is designed to accommodate Thule and Yakima accessories. That got me to wondering if anyone uses the top of their trailer to store stuff. Has anyone used one of those enclosed carriers for roof storage?
Steve, I'm curious to see the replies on this as I have never observed anyone using the top rack on a BF to store anything. The rear ladder option however seems to be a popular spot on many RV's to hang another...... ladder.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #15

Same here Mike. The Maggie Rack was an option from Bigfoot that was published in their 2005 brochure and probably other years as well. There are a number of them out there installed by the factory. I would be curious too to find out how they are being used.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Same here Mike. The Maggie Rack was an option from Bigfoot that was published in their 2005 brochure and probably other years as well. There are a number of them out there installed by the factory. I would be curious too to find out how they are being used.
Looks like we have our answer!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #17

I don't understand. Where's the answer?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:41 AM   #18

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Steve,

My hat is off to you if you are able to use the rack and ladder. I too have some of the Bigfoot sales brochures. I believe they are 2006, 2005 and copies of a few pages of 2004 that pertain to our trailer. I will save them, hoping they will become valuable. All that I know about racks and ladders I got from you and the guy who said it would cost $1500 to add one to his trailer. In fact, I can't find the names Pfat and Maggie in my brochures at all, although the rack and ladder are mentioned as an option. Interesting that the illustrations in the brochures have racks and ladders with fat tubes, but there is no example of the rack and ladder being put to use! I have no doubt that it is possible to carry freight up there, but anyone who might do so will be younger and/or more motivated than I am. In most cases, I think it's for show.

Have a good trip east to fetch your new 21.
Bob
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #19

Bob,
Phat ladder is the name used by the manufacturer, Topline. You can find reference to the Maggie Rack in the Bigfoot brochure under the list of options. At least that's where I found it. Topline has both items shown on their website.

http://www.toplinemfg.com/instpdfs/t...hat_ladder.pdf
http://www.toplinemfg.com/html/rv-maggierack.html

I can't imagine using the roof for storage either but it would be interesting to hear from others that do. I found the rack and ladder on my 17.5CB to be unexpectedly indispensable. The ladder makes it easier to get up on the roof for washing and waxing and the rack saved me more than once from slipping off.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #20

Quote:
I don't understand. Where's the answer?
Ooops, that was my attempt at humor...since there were no replies, assumed nobody uses the roof rack.

I'll retract the reply since the very small representation of roof rack owners here do not represent the many "out there" that may be using theirs and or those that didn't necessarily reply but do use theirs..... sinking fast....

Tags
bigfoot