Any Casita Freedoms w/ cap. chairs near Syracuse NY - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #1

Name: Kathie
Trailer: U-HAUL VT16
upstate ny
Any Casita Freedoms w/ cap. chairs near Syracuse NY

I have a friend who will be visiting this summer who I think I have turned on to coolness of Eggs. She would love to see a newer Casita with bathroom and captian chairs sometime in July or August. We are in the Syracuse area and will road trip up to 3-4 hours to see if this is what she will eventually want to look for. She likes the photos but there is nothing like setting foot in one. Please let me know if you are willing to do a show and tell.
Thanks.
kbeale NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Don and Brenda,
Seems like exactly what you need to sell yours?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #3

upstate ny
No selling mine. I promised it to my son when I die.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have also wanted to see one of these as it looks like a good idea but are the chairs comfortable. I know there is one in MA somewhere, don't remember who owns it. The problem with this setup though is lost storage space and smaller table. After seeing Brian & Nancy's Parkliner, I would go for one of those over a Casita.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #5

upstate ny
Yes I guess comfort is the question. More reason to see one. She wants to live in it and feels the chairs would give more of a home feel. But then storage is important then too...
Exactly why she needs to see one!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I know it seems that you will lose storage in an Freedom layout but I can tell you that having had both I find I have more space for storage in the Freedom than I did in the Spirit.

In a Spirit the storage in enclosed which determines the linits of exactly what can be stored there.
In a Freedom there is no limit in the same spots as they are not enclosed at all.
Now there is the decision between exposed items and hidden items but in the end I can bring a lot more of the items that I travel with now than I could before in my SD.

As an example I always bring a case or 2 of water bottles and could never fit them anywhere well in the SD. I always had to break the case up and stuff bottles wherever I could and as I used them things would slide around as space appeared where there had been tight packing before.
The same cases slide right between the table base and seat base or seat base and wall in the Freedom and the case can stay there all the time. I can cover it if needed but why?

I also have found various bins that fit in those same spots that never would have fir in the SD at all.

I thought when I got the FD that I would modify it into an SD but now having lived with the FD for a while I can not imagine switching back to limited option storage?

Also as to the original question,the FD seats are much more comfy to me and unless you are large in the butt should be more comfy to most I would think?
The table is also smaller in a Freedom as the chairs need to be able to swivel and would hit the big SD table maybe but I tried the SD table in my FD and ended up making a new table sized somehwere between the two sizes.
To me the FD table as ffrom the factory was not that useful.

I will be in Syracuse this summer but sadly the Casita will not.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #7

upstate ny
Sorry we will miss it but thanks for the info. It was helpful!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe
Utah
Check out the following from the Casita website. I went this route and visited an owner close to home. When we made our purchase, Casita rewarded the couple who showed us their trailer with $200.....

The Casita Neighborhood Referral Program

See a Casita Travel Trailer near you.

There’s no need to visit our showroom in Texas; Casita Travel Trailers sells direct to you.

However, our very satisfied customers worldwide will be more than excited to show you their Casita Travel Trailers and answer most questions you have.

If you want to see a Casita Travel Trailer in your area, just contact us and we’ll find some nearby customers who love their Casitas.

Click here or call 1-800-442-9986
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #9

upstate ny
Thanks. Just emailed them. I'll see if they know of any in the area.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #10

upstate ny
Question Still looking!

Casita sent me the name of someone in Syracuse but it wasn't a Freedom and no captain chairs like I asked! So once again does anyone have a a Casita Freedom with captain chairs my friend and I can see over the summer within about 3 hours of Syracuse?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have a set of Casita captains chairs, but no Casita trailer. Adapting them to fit in our Uhaul.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #12

upstate ny
I sure would like to see that! I can see how they would fit in my 16 but can't imagine it in a 13.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #13

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Kathie, if you don't find a "freedom" in NY, couldn't you also look in the area where she lives for someone who would let her tour one? I understand you want to be with her, but if all else fails maybe there is one in her area. Good Luck, hope someone comes forward to help you out.

ED, personally I have never liked my captain chairs (and no I don't have a big butt! ) I do have long legs and the seat is short, so I always feel like I am sliding off of them.

But I have always figured that the "Spirit" would have more room and always wished I had waited for one, but your explanation of a enclosed storage makes sense! Never thought of it that way! But it still won't make me like my "Captain chairs" any better!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #14

upstate ny
That was the next step but your right I do want to see it with her. She lives near Phoenix so I am sure there is more of a chance of seeing one there.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #15

Well Kathie, if she is driving through northern, Colo I live about 10 min off of I-25 she is more than welcome to look at mine. I do believe there is a few in the AZ area as well as N, Mexico. Have you posted your request on the Casita Forum?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #16

upstate ny
No. Good idea! I will try that also. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
ED, personally I have never liked my captain chairs (and no I don't have a big butt! ) I do have long legs and the seat is short, so I always feel like I am sliding off of them.
Robin, have you done the mod to the chairs which places a shim at the front and tilts the seat slightly to the rear? I've sat in chairs with and without the shim and the difference in comfort (for me) is truly amazing.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #18

Donna, I haven't..... I remember someone mentioning it last year and I was going to investigate the mod then forgot to look into it. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #19

Name: Jay
Trailer: former class c now an egg hunter
New York
Kathie,

I am also interested in the Freedom Deluxe model...because of the Capt chairs. I live 2 hours Northeast of Syracuse (in the ADK's) and would love to actually step into one.

Regarding your friend, a FD model just showed up on Scottsdale's craigslist which is a stones throw from Phoenix. I know YOU want to experience it for yourself.

I'm afraid Robin is correct...she has a better chance on the West Coast.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #20

Name: Jay
Trailer: former class c now an egg hunter
New York
Kbeale........

Found one in Fayetteville..just outside of Syracuse.

Casita Travel Trailer
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita