Any fiberglass trailer owners in WA state? - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-02-2018, 10:48 PM   #1

Name: Megan
Trailer: Currently shopping
Colorado
Any fiberglass trailer owners in WA state?

Hi, in the market for a fiberglass camper trailer. I'm a travel RN finally taking the plunge. I'm seeking any owners in the Seattle, WA area that would be willing to show me around their camper and share any helpful information! Any size, brand is fine (ideally, no longer than 20ft), I'm just needing to get a feel and idea what is available. I've done my homework online, but now need the real deal

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Just drop me a line and thanks!
RNTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #2

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
Hi, Megan, I'm a retired Rn (after a 40yr full time career), full timing now in a 2013 13ft casita PD with my little adopted schnoodle dog. Love it! If you call the casita factory in Rice, Tx, they will give you names/contact info of casita owners in your area willing to show their trailers to you.
There are many really nice fiberglass trailers out there, i'm sure you'll find just the right one for you. best of luck
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #3

Name: Ron M
Trailer: Escape
British Columbia
Hi Megan. We can certainly recommend Escape Trailer Industries (Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia) bin Chilliwack BC. They are family run, very reputable, have an excellent product and allow for tons of modifications to make sure that your trailer is 'just right' for you. You might consider a day trip up to their factory/showroom. An easy trip from Seattle, crossing at the Sumas border crossing. With the dollar advantage, approximately 30% right now, purchasing Canadian product with US dollars makes a whole lot of individual economic sense. Yes I know your president wouldn't agree... but then he wouldn't be buying an RV anyway.. We are based in Kelowna BC and would be happy to show you our Escape 17B (B for Bathroom) but that would be a bit of a drive for you. We also have good friends here in town that own a 5.0TA but that might be a bit larger than you are thinking. Good luck in your search.
rmullinsbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi! If you are interested at all in an amerigo (you can only get vintage ones; no new ones being made, all are from the 70s though some different models --campers-- 80s and 90s), you can come look at ours. PM us if you are. 16' x 7' wide, 6' max inside height. Ours has been modified inside, so it's not typical any more. If you want to see typical, ours isn't it. When are you going to be in this area?

BEST
Kai

PM--private e-mail; click on my avatar and it will give you that option. we live in Renton, 25 miles SE of Seattle. If you don't PM, we'll figure you're not interested. That's OK. Amerigos are not often on the market. They only made them a few years so there aren't all that many of them.

Interior with stove & sink is more typical; ours is the other interior now.
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 8 2016 E.jpg   Peanut 8 2016 A.jpg  

Peanut 8 2016 B.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #5

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp 13 Layout B
Washington
We have a 13 foot Scamp delux model with bath. It's the perfect size for 2 people and a Yorkie, and easy to pull with our Ford Escape hybrid. We're in Olympia if you would like to see in person.
sweendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #6

Colorado
Hi there ClaireMr1! Thanks for the response. And congrats on RN retirement! I just contacted Casita and hope to get some replies. The fiberglass go like hot cakes around the country/- I’m having trouble getting an offer in anywhere before they’re gone. But we’ll keep trying!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #7

Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Hi and welcome. I suggest you visit one , or more , of the gatherings in your area so you can get a look see at several different makes and models of fiberglass trailers. No amount of browsing websites, brochures etc. can give you the "feel" that an actual visit can provide. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #8

Colorado
Hi there, thanks for the response! Yes, I would love to stop by Olympia and check it out. I will PM you. Thanks
Old 04-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Hi and welcome. I suggest you visit one , or more , of the gatherings in your area so you can get a look see at several different makes and models of fiberglass trailers. No amount of browsing websites, brochures etc. can give you the "feel" that an actual visit can provide. Lee and Norma
Hi Lee and Norma, yes, that's a great plan. I am actually heading out to Durango, CO (where my folks live!) at the end of May for a Casita rally. Will be a great opportunity to check those out, and see if anyone is selling as well. I won't buy anything of this nature without physically assessing it and poking around with its features. Hoping to possibly hook it up to my Jeep and see how that goes.

Thanks for the suggestion, Megan
Old 04-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #10

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmullinsbc View Post
Hi Megan. We can certainly recommend Escape Trailer Industries (Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia) bin Chilliwack BC. They are family run, very reputable, have an excellent product and allow for tons of modifications to make sure that your trailer is 'just right' for you. You might consider a day trip up to their factory/showroom. An easy trip from Seattle, crossing at the Sumas border crossing. With the dollar advantage, approximately 30% right now, purchasing Canadian product with US dollars makes a whole lot of individual economic sense. Yes I know your president wouldn't agree... but then he wouldn't be buying an RV anyway.. We are based in Kelowna BC and would be happy to show you our Escape 17B (B for Bathroom) but that would be a bit of a drive for you. We also have good friends here in town that own a 5.0TA but that might be a bit larger than you are thinking. Good luck in your search.
Hi there Ron M-- I really like the Escape product. In fact, I was actually considering the Canadian/USD angle yesterday. The trip wouldn't be too far up north for me to see showroom, etc. I'm in the market for a used one, as I'd rather spend a few years trying it out etc. I'll drop you a line if I make it up that way! Thanks, Megan
Old 04-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #11

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Looking!
Florida
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNTraveler View Post
Hi, in the market for a fiberglass camper trailer. I'm a travel RN finally taking the plunge. I'm seeking any owners in the Seattle, WA area that would be willing to show me around their camper and share any helpful information! Any size, brand is fine (ideally, no longer than 20ft), I'm just needing to get a feel and idea what is available. I've done my homework online, but now need the real deal

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Just drop me a line and thanks!
Hi, Im in the exact same position as you. Have been travelling about a year now and have decided fiberglass is the way to go for me as well. One thing I didnt figure was RV parks within a decent distance from the hospital you are thinking of contracting with. I was recently in Oregon at a fantastic hospital, but the only RV park in the area was sketchy at best. No way would I have lived there for 3-6 months (I extended my contract). So, just wanted to bring this up as it may impact your future work positions. Im currently in a camper van and doing fine, with some adjustments of course, but its easy to park for free anywhere, which is something I will miss when I get the trailer. Just food for thought from another travelling RN
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #12

Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Megan Norma and I envy you for your trip to Durango. We lived in Albuquerque NM for 25 years and Santa Fe for 10. Some of fondest memories are our numerous ski trips to the Purgatory ski area . We once bought an acre building site near Purgatory ski area but retirement plans changed and we sold it. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is online now   Reply With Quote