Any Interest in a 1978 Boler 17' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Any Interest in a 1978 Boler 17'

At the end of the month I'm meeting my daughter and grandkids in Tahoe for a protracted trip over to the Cali coast and up along the Oregon and Washington coasts. I had been looking out for a small fiberglass camper for her so we could caravan around to the sites. I found this 78 Boler 17' locally and all was great until she rechecked her engine and found out she only has the 4 cyl Kia Sorrento rather than the 6 cyl she thought she had. Needless to say her 1600 lb tow limit isn't where it needs to be to haul a 17'. Instead I am going to have to find her a lightweight 13' fiberglass (brand will be a surprise) in the future. For the time being I have a small popup truck bed camper I can put on and still tow the Oxygen. Although not optimal the package will work for this trip.

Now down to the Boler. Simply put I have no use for it. I paid a fair price and put brand new wheels and tires on it. It had been parked in a back yard unlicensed since 2005. I was going to remodel it and then sell it but I really don't have the time to take on another project. If anyone here who appreciates vintage fiberglass trailers and might be interested leave a comment or send me a personal message. I don't have the paperwork back yet from the DMV but I expect it at anytime. With what I have in it I'll need around $5500 US to break even. Pictures will be coming when it is officially up for sale.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
If it's in decent shape, that's a reasonable price for a model I've always liked.
It should sell quickly. I look forward to the pics.

Walt
Old 05-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
If it's in decent shape, that's a reasonable price for a model I've always liked.
It should sell quickly. I look forward to the pics.

Walt

Yes, I always liked this model also. Very roomy, lots of storage, big bathroom.
Towed like a dream bringing it home.

I need to do a lot of projects on my Bonair Oxygen to make it a bit more livable or I'd remodel it and sell it for more. This way whoever gets it can do it as they like.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

Registry
A few outside pics

Okay here are a few outside pics. Inside will come in a bit. I did just receive the title in the mail so I will be switching this over to a for sale ad starting tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler.jpg   Boler1.jpg  

Wheels and tires.jpg  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Very nice looking
Can’t wait to see inside pic
Never seen a boler 17 in person
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #6

Name: Rita
Trailer: Boler
CA
Hi Steve, this is exactly what I am looking for. I would like to purchase your 17’ boler. I am serious buyer a s prepared to move quickly with cash in hand and the proper tow vehicle. I am also located in southern. California so not far from where you are located. Please call me at 310-686-9152 to discuss next steps. Thanks so much! Rita
wanderlustvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustvintage View Post
Hi Steve, this is exactly what I am looking for. I would like to purchase your 17’ boler. I am serious buyer a s prepared to move quickly with cash in hand and the proper tow vehicle. I am also located in southern. California so not far from where you are located. Please call me at 310-686-9152 to discuss next steps. Thanks so much! Rita
Slow down Rita, lol I know how difficult it can be finding one of these little gems. I am much more interested that the Boler goes to a good and loving home where someone will refurbish it and keep it on the road for a good many years of fun. Unfortunately, although I have a winter house in Boulder City Nv I, and the Boler, are currently north of Spokane Wa at our lake house. If this is not a problem for you then we can try to work out the details. Let me know.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #8

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I was in one at the Maritime vintage fiberglass rally a few years ago. It was one of the nicest, roomiest 17'ers I've seen. The layout was similar to my Bigfoot.

Walt
Old 05-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I was in one at the Maritime vintage fiberglass rally a few years ago. It was one of the nicest, roomiest 17'ers I've seen. The layout was similar to my Bigfoot.

Walt
I agree very roomy. The back has a fulltime bed with a bunk above and the front has a full size dinette. Tons of closet space.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #10

Name: Pamela
Trailer: Casita
Nevada
I am interested in your Boler if it is still for sale. Are there pictures available? Thank you in advance for your consideration.
pgavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavery View Post
I am interested in your Boler if it is still for sale. Are there pictures available? Thank you in advance for your consideration.
I am supposed to be meeting someone at noon to see it. Here are more pictures.

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...ler-17-5750-us
Old 05-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #12

Registry
SOLD
Old 05-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #13

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
[emoji106]
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote