Any Scamp owners in, or near, central IL? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 PM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Illinois
Any Scamp owners in, or near, central IL?

Hi all, this is my first post. My wife and I are looking at purchasing our first camper, so we can take our 3 year old son on more trips. We are limited on size due to our tow vehicle, a 2013 Ford Escape with the 1.6 ecoboost, so we are specifically looking at the Scamp 13. I have been doing research, and watching videos on them, but have not seen one in person. So I'm wondering if there is anyone near us that owns a 13' Scamp, and would be willing to let us take a look inside, and make sure it is what we want. We are located in Chillicothe, IL, and most of the used ones we have seen are at least 4 hours away from us. We are more than willing to make the drive to buy one, but would like to know that we 100% want one first. The other option we are concidering is a pop-up. We appreciate any help on this, and look forward to joining the community.
-Jeff
JH350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:10 PM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
You up for a little camping this weekend?

Just so happens to be a rally in Central Illinois this weekend.
2017, June 2-4: Boats, Buggies, Broadway & BO (Wood)

June 2-4 East Central Illinois on the shores of Lake Shelbyville at COE Bo Wood campground($9 for Federal Sr. Pass).
Reserve soon at reserveamerica.com or recreation.com as park fills on weekends. Sites 50-77.
Lots of free stuff from local merchants, meal in Amish home and more TBA.

Folks usually have show and tell on Saturdays.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:44 AM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH350 View Post
Hi all, this is my first post. My wife and I are looking at purchasing our first camper, so we can take our 3 year old son on more trips. We are limited on size due to our tow vehicle, a 2013 Ford Escape with the 1.6 ecoboost, so we are specifically looking at the Scamp 13. I have been doing research, and watching videos on them, but have not seen one in person. So I'm wondering if there is anyone near us that owns a 13' Scamp, and would be willing to let us take a look inside, and make sure it is what we want. We are located in Chillicothe, IL, and most of the used ones we have seen are at least 4 hours away from us. We are more than willing to make the drive to buy one, but would like to know that we 100% want one first. The other option we are concidering is a pop-up. We appreciate any help on this, and look forward to joining the community.
-Jeff
Jeff, send a private message to Floyd (Clark). He frequently posts on this forum and is the world's foremost Scamp 13 owner. He is also very helpful and fairly close to you as he lives in the Morris, IL area. He may even see your post and contact you.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #4

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeair2me View Post
Just so happens to be a rally in Central Illinois this weekend.
2017, June 2-4: Boats, Buggies, Broadway & BO (Wood)

June 2-4 East Central Illinois on the shores of Lake Shelbyville at COE Bo Wood campground($9 for Federal Sr. Pass).
Reserve soon at reserveamerica.com or recreation.com as park fills on weekends. Sites 50-77.
Lots of free stuff from local merchants, meal in Amish home and more TBA.

Folks usually have show and tell on Saturdays.
Wow, perfect timing, Thank you for the heads up. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it though, but I will see what I can do.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #5

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Jeff, send a private message to Floyd (Clark). He frequently posts on this forum and is the world's foremost Scamp 13 owner. He is also very helpful and fairly close to you as he lives in the Morris, IL area. He may even see your post and contact you.
Awesome, thank you for the direction, I will send him a PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #6

Name: Terry
Trailer: Scamp 13
Illinois
I live in Mount Carmel, send me a PM if you are close to me. Terry M
Terry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:42 AM   #7

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry M View Post
I live in Mount Carmel, send me a PM if you are close to me. Terry M
Hi Terry, thank you for the response/offer, but you are about 4 hours south of me. I'm hoping to track someone down a little closer.

Tags
scamp