Any Truck Camper? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
TWM

Name: Terry
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Any Truck Camper?

Had to but a truck. Sold the Motorhome, bought a 1986 11.5' truck camper. Just getting started with it looking at the forms to see what others have done and Problems they may have had.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:43 AM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
In my opinion having had several truck campers, there's no better way to travel. Any place you can park the truck you can park the combo. It's always with you including the BATHROOM.You don't need to tow another vehicle. If you want to, you can remove the camper and leave it at your campsite. It's easier to back up. The drawbacks are that it's more trouble to put on and take off the truck than hitching and unhitching a trailer. Ultimately we sold our last pu camper and went the small trailer route because my wife was having more and more issues with getting into and out of the over cab bed. Despite all of the above and the fact that my wife passed away a couple of years ago, I would not go back to a pu camper. I'll stick with my molded Escape 19. My younger son and his wife are already anticipating inheriting the trailer.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote