Anybody own a newish Big Foot 25B25RQ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #21
Member
 
Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Dale,
I keep my truck loaded with camping gear. It also has a fiberglass leer shell and a bed slide out. So I am at max payload when hook up. I keep my tire at about 65lbs, so I can't really say what it would be like at 35-40 lbs unloaded, sorry.
Thanks, Henry.
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Posts: 2
I would look at the number

I'm not a huge fan of Tundras, but they tend to have good towing capacities. I think it depends on the Axel ratios and a couple of other factors, but many of them will tow over 10,000 pounds. I would do the work on figuring out if your's will meet you actual needs or will be on the fence before you start looking for a 3/4 ton truck from the big three. If you decide that you need to make the change I would't encourage you to look at any of the 1/2 ton trucks with the "Big" tow packages, because that is essential what the Tundra is. If you need to go to the heavy duty truck and you'r not always hauling people in the back seat I would look at the smaller back seat options to increase maneuverability and parking issues. These are largely factors of Wheelbase not just 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton sizing.
Durango Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #23
Member
 
Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Paul View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Tundras, but they tend to have good towing capacities. I think it depends on the Axel ratios and a couple of other factors, but many of them will tow over 10,000 pounds. I would do the work on figuring out if your's will meet you actual needs or will be on the fence before you start looking for a 3/4 ton truck from the big three. If you decide that you need to make the change I would't encourage you to look at any of the 1/2 ton trucks with the "Big" tow packages, because that is essential what the Tundra is. If you need to go to the heavy duty truck and you'r not always hauling people in the back seat I would look at the smaller back seat options to increase maneuverability and parking issues. These are largely factors of Wheelbase not just 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton sizing.
I agree. The extra towing capacity between 8000 and 10000 pounds is usually just a higher axle ratio. I still fully believe Henry will be ok with his Tundra. If not, then he should go 3/4 ton because none of the other 1/2 tons will be much different.
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Posts: 1,136
Thanks to everyone who has commented. I will use my Tundra, probably right up to a white knuckle situation. Then, I am absolutely sure, my wife will FORCE () me into buying or upgrading to a 3/4 ton or 1 ton.

...I just noticed a 2001 Ford Excursion 4x4, 7.3L diesel for sale...with low miles...sigh...
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #25
Member
 
Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Thanks to everyone who has commented. I will use my Tundra, probably right up to a white knuckle situation. Then, I am absolutely sure, my wife will FORCE () me into buying or upgrading to a 3/4 ton or 1 ton.

...I just noticed a 2001 Ford Excursion 4x4, 7.3L diesel for sale...with low miles...sigh...
You are welcome.
It is always exciting to participate in a new Bigfoot experience. Best regards for your new adventure.

The Excursion is a classic and wow, what a perfect tow vehicle for a 25RQ.
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:46 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Posts: 1,136
Just finalized the purchase of the BF 25RQ. Pick it up Feb 19. It is a 4 hour drive one way. My plan is to pull it back without using the Blue Ox Sway Pro just to see how it handles. If it gets bad I will stop in hook the WDH up. I will be going up I 24 and over montage pass. This will tell me if the Tundra, empty, can handle the trailer.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #27
Member
 
Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Just finalized the purchase of the BF 25RQ. Pick it up Feb 19. It is a 4 hour drive one way. My plan is to pull it back without using the Blue Ox Sway Pro just to see how it handles. If it gets bad I will stop in hook the WDH up. I will be going up I 24 and over montage pass. This will tell me if the Tundra, empty, can handle the trailer.
Congratulations

Have a good trip. Let us know how it did.
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Posts: 1,136
Returned with BF 25RQ

Picked up the BF 25RQ Feb 19. Started to rain before we left. Hit heavy traffic leaving Atlanta heading north on I75. We thought we might spend the night somewhere along the route to wait out the thunderstorm, but alas, Walmarts do not allow overnight parking and the only rest stop before the TN/GA border was closed, so we pressed on. We pulled a fairly long 6% grade at Monteagle, TN, and down the other side, in heavy rain. Maintained 45 mph speed due to limited visibility.

Both truck and trailer did well, without the use of WDH. So far very pleased with the whole set up. It seems to me that the BF pulled as well as our 17' Casita, on which we use a WDH.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 2004 Airstream Interstate 22' B-van
Iowa
Posts: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by damueller View Post
You are welcome.
It is always exciting to participate in a new Bigfoot experience. Best regards for your new adventure.

The Excursion is a classic and wow, what a perfect tow vehicle for a 25RQ.
This was my setup in late '06 when I bought my 25B25RQ in Chicago:

https://flic.kr/p/612LC6

I ended up selling the Excursion and buying an '07 Titan King Cab 4x4 with the 5.7L V8 and a 9200 lb tow capacity. It was all that truck could do to haul the Bigfoot in the mountains. It did great on the plains though.

https://flic.kr/p/YDuywi
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Posts: 1,136
Nice Looking set up Roger. What is your TV now?
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 2004 Airstream Interstate 22' B-van
Iowa
Posts: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Nice Looking set up Roger. What is your TV now?
I tow a Jeep JKU Rubicon behind an '06 Born Free 32RQ motorhome (in my avatar) I sold the Bigfoot in 2015 when I bought the moho.

https://flic.kr/p/29jn7JK
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hi from Lucille the boler (newish here) lucilletheboler Hi, I am.... 2 07-01-2016 05:12 PM
Newish Trillium 1300 Owner Dennis_S Hi, I am.... 7 04-24-2014 08:50 PM
OK | 2008 25 Foot Big Foot For Sale $24,500 Boomer Classified Archives 0 07-11-2013 05:39 PM
SOLD 1986 Big Foot - 18 foot on EBAY Dave Baston Classified Archives 31 01-16-2008 06:41 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.