anyone 6 foot tall - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
i finally got inside a 17 footer and need to tilt my head a bit to keep from bumping into the air conditioner. any tall casita owners out there???? or did you not buy a casita just for this reason alone?
KellyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I'm over 6 foot tall and have a Casita. You just get used to it, the head bumping part.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita
Kelly,
I am also over six feet (not quite as tall as Brian) and have a 17 ft Casita. Here are some tips that work for me.

First, the location of the A/C in the ceiling is such that I never actually walk under it. (It's over the bed.) I do bump into the edge sometimes. The edge surface is flat plastic and doesn't hurt.

Everyone hits the top of the entrance door, even my wife, who is much shorter. Cushion it and forget it.

I usually have my shoes off when inside. That gives me clearance for everything except the Fantastic Fan. The X-shaped knob that opens the dome hangs down pretty far. If I don't pay attention, I can get that thing in the forehead. You can get a low-profile replacement knob from the company. That moved the point of impact up to the top of my head.

All things considered, not a big problem.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Im over 6'. The AC is not that big a problem. The table is in the way or the bed is. The fan can surprise you.

I bought the Liberty because of the bed. At a bit over 6 feet tall, it was harder to sleep across the camper. So I bought the Casita Liberty because of my hight and the sleeping options. The AC was not a problem.

Hope that helps.

genebland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
i finally got inside a 17 footer and need to tilt my head a bit to keep from bumping into the air conditioner. any tall casita owners out there???? or did you not buy a casita just for this reason alone?
I am 6' and would not have bought any new egg regardless of brand that didn't have stand up room. The Casita 17 was the only FG I could find that satisfied that. I seem to have gained some kind of muscle memory that reminds me that the AC steals my headroom in the back and so I don't hit it anymore. But I sill get careless occasionally and walk through the door like I'm at home, banging me head hard. That hurts!.. even with the rubber guard.
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I am 6' and have a 16' SD. I have no problem at all. I prefer the lower outside height and lower tow weight. I can only say you become used to it. I wouldn't have it any other way!

But, my AC is under the front closet & not on the roof. My whole roof, however, is listed at 5'10" and I barely note it is so low for me.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote