anyone? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
thats really something

while in Vermont and maine several years ago I saw lots of homes with permanent ladders on the roofs this was summertime!

took me a long time to figure it out and I don't know if I could live like that you guys must be hardy!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Gerry I built our home in 1976 longwood furnaces were the rage 5 ft logs sounds great until you had to load them. all there was was a long 5f tube straight to the chimley. we could go through some wood.

back surgeries put a stop to all the nonsense now run 98% propane furnace. Costs about the same after running, fixing chain saw then a tractor on top of that!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
[QUOTE=Gerry;677469]
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
Gerry are you the people with permanent ladders on your roof you get so much snow?

No I rake the roof off with a 24 foot long snow rake then I have to shovel where the windows are so we can see outside. The year we had 11 feet of snow my wife had to take the top of the snow banks off so I could keep the driveway shoveled and she had duck so she didn't hit the electrical wire coming into the house.
Temps actually got to 15 today so I let the woodstove go out and cleaned the chimney.
Got it going again and house is warming for the next cold snap coming after the 10 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow.
The last winter I spent in Oswego (2014-15) I shoveled my roof when the snow reached 4'. I suspect the roof could deal with a larger snow load, but I get nervous when it is that deep. I have a small electric snow blower I use if I get tired of shoveling (and a serious Ariens with heated handles for the driveway).

Right now I'm enjoying Quartzsite, AZ and letting my son deal with the snow & cold.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote