Anyone currently camping? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 07:34 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Arizona lifted its state-wide mask mandate, and local practices are all over the map. The signs may have simply been forgotten. They’ve been up so long, nobody pays much attention any more. Maybe employees are following local practice rather than official company policy.

I’m sure a lot of other places are in the same boat. At least I haven’t seen or heard of much harassment of mask-wearers, even when the local practice is not to wear one.

I expect you’ll find a lot of that in summer travel this year.

Only wishing for me, but it has nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with teens and their packed lives. Getting one off to university in Tennessee in August, both working summer jobs in a booming local economy, and doing some house renovations on the side.

RV travel will be limited for the next couple of years as we transition to an empty nest. Hoping to spruce up the Scamp during the lull with new flooring and paint on the cabinet doors, upgrading the 12V system with charging stations and LED lighting inside and out and a portable solar panel.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escapeó 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Arizona lifted its state-wide mask mandate, and local practices are all over the map. Iím sure a lot of other places are in the same boat. At least I havenít seen or heard of much harassment of mask-wearers, even when the local practice is not to wear one. .
Arizona must be the only oasis in a large desert.
I wear a mask in public places even though Iíve been vaccinated and others have made comments , usually about my politics!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:44 AM   #23

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Arizona must be the only oasis in a large desert.
I wear a mask in public places even though Iíve been vaccinated and others have made comments , usually about my politics!
I know there's a wide difference in the application of the Covid rules, with some states being relatively controlling. Of course FL is relatively open. When the President spoke this week, even though every member of congress has been vaccinated, they did not allow the whole congress to attend. Crazy....

In FL we have a lot of people from away in the summer, they tend to be the people with masks. I've never heard anyone comment to them.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:50 AM   #24

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 2020 FD
North Carolina
South Dakota campgroud

Currently at Wind Cave National Park in South Dakota. Campgrounds almost empty. Reduced prices till the middle middle of May. Only nine dollars per night. $4.50 with national Park pass. No water or electric, pit toilets. Wildlife abundant, weather good, cool nights. Some rain forecast, none the past several days. Wind Cave is nice visit. No reservations , get to the park office (cave) early for limited available tours. On our way to the Badlands now.
flyrodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:06 PM   #25

Name: Diane
Trailer: Scamp 13í
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanS View Post
Weather in Utah was variable. It snowed in Zion the week after we left. Bryce was COLD at night, 20ís. Then Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands were all very temperate, nice warm days and cool nights. However did have a hail storm in Canyonlands one evening! We are in Colorado now. I think that was the best time to visit Utah because it was already starting to get hot in Moab. It was only a day or two in each place so just getting a feel for the amazing beauty. Very amazing. Already planning the next visit. Also Zion was starting to get crowded but still really easy access including parking.

We stated at Rubyís in Bryce and Moab in Moab. We were in tent area at Moab which was fantastic. We donít fit in with the big rigs. At Wonderland Rv near Capitol ref, I couldnít find the scamp one night because it was hidden amongst the giants! Will do campground reviews in the app.

Susan
We are hoping to get to Utah this fall. It seems a little tricky to get the timing right for good weather due to the various altitudes and micro climates at the national parks. We don't have a furnace or an air conditioner. Do you think that will be a problem?
sunnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #26

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
hurray! the sun has come out after a weekend of wind and heavy rains.

But....sadly....I am working (giving vaccinations) and cannot even think about hitching up the camper until the weekend....when the forecast is for ---once again---rain!

So for all of you out there enjoying some time in your campers, I envy you!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #27

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escapeó 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We’ve been getting our trailer ready for camping ( 4 new tires , bearings repacked, 2 coats of wax , dewinterized and sanitized water system ,added 2–120 VAC receptacles , undercoated trailer and fixed numerous manufacturers shortcomings / defects . Ready to go after a year of standing by so hoping the weather , covid and the vaccinations cooperate .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #28

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyone View Post
We are hoping to get to Utah this fall. It seems a little tricky to get the timing right for good weather due to the various altitudes and micro climates at the national parks. We don't have a furnace or an air conditioner. Do you think that will be a problem?
You may not need an A/C but a fan would most likely be good. Furnace or heater may be needed at the higher elevations if in late fall. Moab is the hotter spot and Bryce the colder one. It all varies year to year. Colorado the same. Saturday it was around 88-90 degrees and today in the low 40's with rain all day.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #29

Name: nancy
Trailer: 19' Scamp Deluxe
Tennessee
Registry
We just got back from 3 days camping at Carolina Hemlocks CG in NC, near Burnsville and Mt. Mitchell. Nearly empty, though the CG host said it fills up on weekends. No hookups, though they had flush toilets and showers. Individual showers and toilet stalls, so no requirement to wear masks. We camped at Hunting Island SC last November, and in FLA this past February. Bath housed requiring masks, but hardly anyone was in there at the same time I was. Not wanting to drive out west, we have rented Wandervans, for camping in Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, later this summer. I snagged campsites in both parks--will be our first time in those places--very excited!
nancyrnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #30

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Olive View Post
Currently at Patrickís Point on northern California coast. Started in NC, doing big loop from south to north and then back to NC. Long trip. Lots more young people out camping. Nice to see. We spent January and February in Florida, crowded even without Canadian campers. Got vaccinated back home in March, and now back on the road. Last fall we camped in southern Idaho and Wyoming before, during and after the fires. Crowded then as well. One or two private campgrounds, all the rest state parks. We are enjoying life and this beautiful country.
Did you like Patrick's Point? Did you go to Agate Beach? Did you find agates? I haven't been in several years -- that area functions as my mental health therapist!
Old 06-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #31
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
In New Hampton, NH. Got to enjoy the craziness of the 98th Laconia Classic (Bike Week). We were at Weirs Beach yesterday. Here for a month and then on to Vermont.
CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:35 PM   #32

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Hi sorry I missed this on our return home. The spring was perfect weather but cold at night in Bryce - 20. We have an small electric heater we brought from our bathroom st home. Did the trick.

Right now is a tremendous heat wave. So heat would be unpredictable, but if I were there now we would need A/C for sure. Check the exact locations because altitude is important.

Susan
SusanS is offline   Reply With Quote