Anyone currently camping? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2021, 07:19 AM   #1

Name: Diane
Trailer: Scamp 13’
Wisconsin
Anyone currently camping?

Where’re you at? How are things going out there? Weather? Availability of campsites? Any Covid restrictions?
sunnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:49 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyone View Post
Where’re you at? How are things going out there? Weather? Availability of campsites? Any Covid restrictions?
Today is the opening of the fishing season in Wisconsin so the lake is a little crowded .
No covid restrictions out on the lake - Weather is predicted to be in the upper 70’s so bordering on HOT but a nice breeze .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
I WISH!!!!!!!!!! Too wet. Rained so very hard all day yesterday that things are swimmingly wet.

Soon though, I intend to hitch up our camper and head to our own piece of paradise, our recreational property 75mins north of us.

Should coincide with the hatching of the first batch of black flies.

Yikes!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:57 AM   #4

Name: Jean
Trailer: Escape 5
North Carolina
Chester Frost Park TN

My daughter and I are in Hixon TN just outside Chattanooga. Lakeside spot. Park is pretty full but I see openings. Folks come to fish the lake and the boat ramp is busy. Lovely spot. They do ask for masks, we are happy to comply.
Weavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #5

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
I am in Toronto and in self-isolation and the authorities are talking about closing the Canada/US border (again). I don't think they can actually do it or they would have by now. All our hospitals are filled at capacity and they have brought in the army with their tents. We had frost last night and I am having breakfast by beautiful sunshine listening to "Hotel California" and dreaming of the time I drove down the Mexican Baja peninsula and stopped there. Having great music and a dry home makes dealing with this pandemic easier to live with, even though my Trilli is sitting idle in the driveway.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We are in lock down and US / Canadian boarders are closed. We are in Ontario. They closed campgrounds but are giving refunds. We have still 3 more trips planned hope they can safely open up before then better then another refund.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:31 AM   #7

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
i live on the central Oregon coast and there are 5 CG's within 10 miles of my house.

They have all been pretty close to full for several weeks now even though covid cases in OR are rising at the same time # people vaccinated is going up.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:41 AM   #8

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
We are camping in Glenwood Springs CO after a 12 day trip through the 5 Utah NPs. Maiden voyage for our new-to-us 1989 Scamp 13.

All is well.
Heading back to Massachusetts via Memphis and North Carolina friend visits.

Mask use required in service areas, not so much elsewhere. We are vaccinated.

Susan
SusanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #9

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
We got our covid shots in February and just returned home from a trip thru the southwest. Texas coast, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado. 90% of people were wearing masks. 11151 miles, 54 days, many BLM campsites, 12 days in paid camping, no Walmarts, Cracker Barrels, rest stops, etc.. Mostly visited NWR, saw 38 new birds, met lots of nice folks, had a great time. Its very dry in these areas and we are thoroughly cleaning the trailer both inside and out because of the dust.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #10

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Camping at Lake Laramie state park in south west Ohio. We did a 4 mile hike to Blackberry Island this morning. Chilly and Muddy, but nice. It was just above freezing when I took the pup out at 5:30. Campground is full. Playgrounds are open. We went to see some of the Churches in “the land of the crossed tipped churches near the town of Minster. Beautiful farm country. The German farmers were smart to settle here in the early 1800s.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #11

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanS View Post
We are camping in Glenwood Springs CO after a 12 day trip through the 5 Utah NPs. Maiden voyage for our new-to-us 1989 Scamp 13.

Susan
How was the late April weather in Utah?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #12

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavery View Post
My daughter and I are in Hixon TN just outside Chattanooga. Lakeside spot. Park is pretty full but I see openings. Folks come to fish the lake and the boat ramp is busy. Lovely spot. They do ask for masks, we are happy to comply.
We love Chattanooga. It’s one of our favorite places to visit ( although we haven't camped there yet).
Old 05-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #13

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Going to leave for north woods mushroom hunting week from now, boondocking
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 03:00 PM   #14

Name: Jean
Trailer: Escape 5
North Carolina
Camping near Chattanooga

When you head next to Chattanooga, book a site at Chester Frost Park on Lake Chickamauga. The narrow roads are a little dicey but overlooking the lake is wonderful. Hixon, TN, 40 minutes from Chattanooga. County park.
Jean
Weavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 03:42 PM   #15

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokra View Post
I am in Toronto and in self-isolation and the authorities are talking about closing the Canada/US border (again). I don't think they can actually do it or they would have by now. All our hospitals are filled at capacity and they have brought in the army with their tents. We had frost last night and I am having breakfast by beautiful sunshine listening to "Hotel California" and dreaming of the time I drove down the Mexican Baja peninsula and stopped there. Having great music and a dry home makes dealing with this pandemic easier to live with, even though my Trilli is sitting idle in the driveway.
We've heard the Canadian/US border is closed. In fact on one report they said that the borders between provinces are closed in some cases.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #16

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Weather in Utah was variable. It snowed in Zion the week after we left. Bryce was COLD at night, 20’s. Then Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands were all very temperate, nice warm days and cool nights. However did have a hail storm in Canyonlands one evening! We are in Colorado now. I think that was the best time to visit Utah because it was already starting to get hot in Moab. It was only a day or two in each place so just getting a feel for the amazing beauty. Very amazing. Already planning the next visit. Also Zion was starting to get crowded but still really easy access including parking.

We stated at Ruby’s in Bryce and Moab in Moab. We were in tent area at Moab which was fantastic. We don’t fit in with the big rigs. At Wonderland Rv near Capitol ref, I couldn’t find the scamp one night because it was hidden amongst the giants! Will do campground reviews in the app.

Susan
SusanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:00 PM   #17

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyone View Post
We love Chattanooga. It’s one of our favorite places to visit ( although we haven't camped there yet).
We spent 5 nights in a commercial campground in Chattanooga a couple of years ago. Went all over riding trains and downtown Chattanooga to the river cruise, walked over the bridges, went to the fantastic aquarium, Ruby Falls, the incline, etc. It is an awesome place to visit.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:23 PM   #18

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
Currently at Patrick’s Point on northern California coast. Started in NC, doing big loop from south to north and then back to NC. Long trip. Lots more young people out camping. Nice to see. We spent January and February in Florida, crowded even without Canadian campers. Got vaccinated back home in March, and now back on the road. Last fall we camped in southern Idaho and Wyoming before, during and after the fires. Crowded then as well. One or two private campgrounds, all the rest state parks. We are enjoying life and this beautiful country.
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 06:56 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Not quite yet - on the 11th I'm heading to the Spring Fling rally in New Hampshire.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:45 AM   #20

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
I'm not really camping, but living in my trailer. Currently in Nevada, heading back to Idaho.
This winter in the southwest I have seen more RV's than ever before, even without our friendly Canuck neighbors. The only time I've paid for camping in the past year was at Lake Mead, and I felt lucky to get a spot. I think I'll have to keep ranging farther out as public lands get more busy.
Every business I've entered has a "mask required" sign on the door, but more often than not, the employees are not wearing them. Hmmm.

Well, I'll be back in Idaho at the end of this week, and both my dog and I will need our shots.

Be safe,
Gordon
Gordon in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote