Anyone purchased a magic sleeper mattress? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Shopping
Alabama
Anyone purchased a magic sleeper mattress?

Is the Scamp 13 wide bed the same size as the bed in the scamp deluxe 19?

Anyone purchased this mattress?

https://www.magicsleepermattress.com...e-on-one-side/
dcs02d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I am wondering about the shell only option that uses the existing Scamp cushions and a topper you provide (or what ever else you want to put in it).

https://www.magicsleepermattress.com...attress-shell/

I have a 3 inch (really 2.5) memory foam topper over the Scamp cushions that makes a very comfortable bed. It was only about $80.

The problem is that the cover for it is cheap, and does not fit well (after I cut the curves off the topper). Also the foam takes some abuse so a few little chunks have been lost.

Although expensive ($300), the shell might work well. And with the foam I already own, little more than half the price of the mattress.

But then the problem might be getting in the storage areas, and to the fresh water tank drain valve. As it is now in my rig, it is fairly easy to fold over the topper and move the Scamp cushion to get in the hatches. A one piece mattress would make it harder and it would have to be broken down for long term storage in my house (to avoid mold and mildew issues).

I think a few people have had a custom covers made and it might well be a cheaper route than this $300 one.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #3

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
extra mattress??

WE cut 3" memory foam to fit the Casita 17' Independence 31"x83" twin beds..kept the leftover center section to use when we make up the whole thing as the "king size" bed..rare.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #4

Name: RamblinRick
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
Mattresses

We are replacing existing hard foam cushio with custom cut foam and using the same fabric covers. We also added a topper glued right to one side of the foam. It cost $450 to have this done locally. We can lay a cot cushion over the top if this ends up too hard but looking forward to a better night’s sleep.

We are taking our Casita on a trip around Lake Michigan with oldest son and his family. Ought to be a great time.
richardabush is offline   Reply With Quote