Are Fiberglass Class B/Class C's Discussed Here? Verbotten? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I was looking at the Toyotas, Nissans, Chinooks and other fiberglass RVs, and as a former Boler 13' owner I was wondering if this site covered this category?
We went camping in the trailer last summer, it was great, I even parked it at tent-only sites (dictated by what can fit in the parking slot), alas I could not summon the energy to do what I wanted...install shower, toilet, air conditioner and TV. I sold it after I'd gutted, caulked, repainted, tweaked, had the axle fixed, reupholstered, new tires, new wiring. I wanted to still stay away from aluminum, and found this other class, some are really nice!
They're not trailers but they're fiberglass and of the same lightweight ilk. If I bought one, I would probably do something I was going to do to my Boler: paint it.

I noticed a Toyota Minnie Winnie (fiberglass I believe) was to be at the next meet. Is this old news? Thanks

http://www.toyotamotorhomes.com/Nolan/brnatocean.jpg
Suzanne P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Suzanne, it's a valid question. The focus of FiberglassRV, is molded lightweight towable trailers. That's a mouthful, hence the name FiberglassRV, Here we don't discuss motorhomes, slab-sided fiberglass RVs or generally molded truck campers. As you know, we encourage posts and pictures, but find that those new members who aren't familiar with the focus here, find other forums on the internet more in line with their needs. The Open Road forums at RV.net for instance, the Teardrop and Tiny Trailer forum for another. So, while the Chinook maybe molded, it doesn't fit the focus of towable. And while we may discuss fiberglass repair on the Chinook, we won't discuss drivetrains, transmissions, etc.

If you check all the brands listed on the home page of FiberglassRV, you'll find there's plenty of manufacturers for us to discuss without losing our focus.

BTW, did you know Scamp once made a small number of motorhomes? We don't discuss those here either.

PS: The Minnie Winnie that's coming to the NOG events, belongs to Pat and Paul, they've owned at least three BigFoot towables... a 17' and two 5th wheels. They'll always be welcome to any gathering I organize.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote