Article about Fiberglass Trailers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Article about Fiberglass Trailers

Smooth Moves: 10 Great Molded-Fiberglass Trailers | Trailer Life

Has a article about Fiberglass Trailers.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
Pretty good article.

Interesting to see the base price of $15,300 for the Little Joe, makes me feel pretty good about what I paid for my Lite House (Little Joe is made from the same molds).
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
If you went to the large RV show that came to your city each year and were looking for a smaller RV, you would be disappointed to find that there would probably be no fiberglass trailers (Eggs as they are called) there and that's saying you even knew what to look for. Same way with magazines, although TL did do an review on the Oliver Elite II (top line trailer and most expensive) some issues back and then the last issue did feature the main manufactures that built fiberglass trailers with a short description of each. I can say for myself I knew just about nothing of these trailers as we had been out of RV camping for 40 plus years. If a personal friend had not overheard use talking about camping we would probably still today have not purchase a Casita and no telling what we would have done, if anything. He encouraged us to visit a Casita rally and meet the people and see what we thought of it, we did and we were hooked. Pretty much says this is a word of mouth group, it's like a hidden society, or as many call it, a cult.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #4

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
FGTTs

We spent about a year looking and reading about the various FGTTs and even spent a day traveling to the Oliver factory for their 3 hour tour. Visited several locals who had Casitas and finally decided on the new design of the Casita Independence w the 2 separate 31"x83" twin beds layout. aas we didn't need a third bed and didn't want to climb over each other to get up in the night. The Casita fit our needs and BUDGET well. We put 55 camping-nights into the Indy since April and like it fine.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #5

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Pulled up to the dump station in Mesa Verde NP one time, and who pulled in after me but a fella in his Ollie. We had a good visit comparing eggs. Olivers are beauts, for sure. Couldn't knock me out of my Escape, though. (To each his own.)
Attached Thumbnails
MesaV077.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote