Back from Backus with 13 in tow - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 13 ft / 2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Scallan
Talking

Three days to get to Backus, 1836 miles, 12 days to get back...took the long way and enjoyed myself. Couple of problems, one the door handle to the bathroom has a plastic part that lasted three days...now the door is warped and won't close. Factory sent me new handle and promises to send new door. Real problem is there is a noise, like a drip every few seconds but IS NOT a drip....more like a relay cutting on and off either from the ref or the converter....can not get to sleep with this noise(yea I'm one of those)...spoke to Kent at the factory, but nothing there...cut my trip short to get back home and ask you all if you know what the heck the noise is, and to try to isolate it myself. Have lots of pics and info..will post some pics later and if anyone needs info on my experience with the factory etc...glad to reply. Seem to remember a post on how to set up pics so that they fit this site...anyone remember? Thanks.

LIFE IS GOOD.

Bob
Robert Scallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

Does it make the noise when just the battery is hooked up? What about when the shore power is hooked up and the battery is disconnected? Try to isolate which source it is coming from and we will try to help.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Seem to remember a post on how to set up pics so that they fit this site...anyone remember? Thanks.
LIFE IS GOOD.
Bob
Welcome back, here's a couple of tutorials about posting pics:
Photo Upload Tutorials, How-Tos

Step by Step ~ Post Pictures help., Simon says, follow these steps

We've found usually there's two reasons people run into problems:
1. Picture too big, or wrong format
2. You can [b]NOT preview your post once you've attached the picture.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
that click could be a couple of things but try this first as it is free...... Shut off the refrigerator if it is on propane and see if the clicking stops. The little flame inside might keep blowing out in the wind (or air in the lines from the tank not being purged) and when it relights you will hear the click..... If that doesn't do it time the clicks to see if it's at constant intervals....if so then i would head to the converter and see if a circuit is tripping then resetting itself... or maybe the furnace thermostat is clicking on off at the given temperature you got set even though you have the furnace in the off position or the furnace is on and the the pilot light keeps going out..... just a couple of hunches but give them a try before going on to something else.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
2. You can [b]NOT preview your post once you've attached the picture.
I remember when that was the case, but since the IPB version upgrade I have found no problem with previewing with photos attached. In case it matters, I normally use the Firefox browser.

On Edit:
... just remember to remove the attached file with the Remove button in the File Attachements area if you later take it out: editing out the "attachment" tag is not enough. Yes, I forgot to do this the first time on this post!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote