Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #41

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMarie View Post
I too like it - it has everything that I could want....The only thing I don't like is the name..it sounds like the old Everly Brothers hit Wake up Little Suzie"...and I keep humming the tune.

Good luck with the trailer!
Scamp and Casita might be singing that song soon.

"We've both been sound asleep.....!"

Kip
Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #42

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There is/are a lot of observations and comments going on in several forums here and Scamp/Casita's. I think Kip in Ga. made the comment re: tanks being inside which is better for winter use. But the pictures of the frame indicate the tank located within the frame? I like the cassette toilet since it can be used in the winter. The swing out window is the emergency exit open, the screen is attached to the window. Not sure why they did not use the Dometic european style windows used in the T@b that do swing open and the screen is still available for use.
I'm impressed that they are able to assemble various third party parts, similar to the Egg Camper, into a usable trailer. I like the boat trailer frame, can not tell if it is aluminum or galvanized.
Good start out of the gate. lets hope they continue to listen to the consumers.
ps- Kudos to Melissa for her taking the extra step and posting the pixz.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #43

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
We want to go to a Rally but being all the way down here in FL and tied to a school schedule we dont know which one we could attend. Which is the biggest, probably the Oregon gathering right? What about the one in TX? Is that a good size one? Nicholas is printing of loads of business cards to give us b/c I'm sure traveling from FL to WY and back we will get stopped a lot with questions.
C'mon up to "the Trailerhood"on the shores of Lake Erie, in Ontario. The last gathering that we had at Emily Park collected just over 140 trailers. You could leave your July heat for our lovely high 80's-90's. There have been people from the Virginias and Florida here in the past and we'd love to meet and great with Lil Snoozy and it's family.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:25 AM   #44

Georgia
Thank you Melissa,

Great photos and narative.

Truly glad to see something new and inovative. Really glad that it is being built in the South East.

Gonna have to take a trip over to see this beauty.

Several things I particularly like.

1. Little to no stooping to enter the W-I-D-E door.

2. No turning to enter. Straight shot makes it easier to bring in bulky items.

3. AC not on top. Reducing wind drag, reducing height for garaging, reducing posibility of water leaks, lowering center of gravity a bit, easer to get to for repairs or replacement.

4. Wheels on the outside where they don't take up inside storage, and are less likely to damage the trailer "WHEN" the blow out occurs.

5. 16" tires for possibly more load capacity, and they look better.

6. Lighter weight than comparable sized conventional Eggs.

7. If the $13,900 for a fully loaded model holds true, it is about $4200 less than a 17' Casita.

8. As Ken C said, "No Rivits".

9. Lighter weight and aerodynamic shape could result in better fuel mileage.

10. The thing just looks good, inside and out.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #45

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm impressed. Not super wild about the color scheme, but it's a nice nice design.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #46

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: melissab...Thanks for the reality check. Someone had to do it for us. Every Mfg. had to start somewhere and there is always a first unit etc. I do hope that Lil Snoozy listens to those experienced fiberglass owners and are willing to make improvements and changes to their layout to suit individual tastes. Their trailer doesn't look run of the mill, so shouldn't be that. Similar concept to the Compact/Hunter type minus the pop top. Looks GREAT TOO!!!
Best thing first owners can do is attend rallys and spend time everywhere answering endless questions.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #47

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There is/are a lot of observations and comments going on in several forums here and Scamp/Casita's. I think Kip in Ga. made the comment re: tanks being inside which is better for winter use. But the pictures of the frame indicate the tank located within the frame? .
cpaharley2008,

I saw it laying on the floor beneath the frame. Don't know what his final decision is for placement. It does appear the frame is designed for something to fit there. Could be the gray water tank. My post was referencing From Mr. Smoak's E-Mail to me on December 27th.

"Front Bed:
I added this picture to show our base floor plan. A drawing of the floor
plan you recommended will follow shortly. This is our queen bed model or
LS2/3 models. A custom "Spring Air" queen sized mattress will rest on this
shelf.
Under this shelf is storage as well as our gray and fresh water
tanks.
The counter in the right of the picture extends to the kitchen
counter down the right side. This is the entertainment center, holding the
TV and added storage".

He may have changed his mind, or not.

You can find the entire letter here. Post 34

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...s-45456-3.html

Thanks,
Kip
Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #48

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post

Kip
Now Melissa has to figure out what to tell her friends when they say " Oooo La La"

And of course now that song is stuck in my head.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #49

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Very nice looking rig. GREAT to see a NEW Co. start up. You say 2 molds a day.
10 -week
520-Year
When will finished trailers be for sale?
Can you put your name on a waiting list?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #50

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Becky, we're headed to TX on the way back from WY for a few days so I will be passing through MS on the way home the end of July first part of Aug time frame. Not sure of my exact travel route yet but I could try and get as near to you as possible if you'd like to see Snoozy.

Nancy, yes, we are definately watching the tongue weight. We already plan on airbags for the rear of the van to keep it level. Hopefully that is all it takes.

CarolMarie, the name has grown on me but initally......glad to know I'm not the only one who cant get that song out of my head!! Their initial design looked something like a Snoopy head so they were going to call it "Lil Snoopy" so I do think this is better.

cpaHarley, on the prototype the water tank is in that huge front storage area but I think they decided to save space to put it under the frame like the one pix. You probably could request and install like the prototype. They are very flexible and willing to build your trailer any way you want it. With regard to the flip out window, that is something they engineered themselves b/c they talked to several engineers and they all said it couldnt be done. Not sure why it would be impossible so Nicholas figured it out himself how to make it. The screen will not be attatched to the glass in the production model. It will still flip open to use as a pass through. There is also an egress window over the sofa/bunks which could be substituted with another flip open window if you like. We are contemplating that. I will email Nicholas and tell him about the Tab windows to see if there is a reason why they didnt use them.

Whew, on to the next page.....LOL
Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #51

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Or by Two Molds Per Day do they mean the two molds it takes to make one unit?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #52

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I like the swing out hitch idea like trail manor has to get the snoozy into a garage. An advantage of rear door is a small kayak too. Trailmanor mini photo below is about the same size as snoozy. I wonder if a floorplan can be had to sit 4 at the table.
Attached Thumbnails
trailmini2.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #53

Kevin K, they are going to start out building about 200 trailers a year and constantly evolving. Next year they plan to add outside storage which will run from the fenders back to the rear of the trailer rather than having it be just wasted open unused area. It will all be molded as one kindof. So they have lots of big plans and can customize anything. Yes, get your name on a list now! Not sure when finished trailers will be available as they're still constructing their plant. They hope to be running in April but the EPA of course has to be totally satisfied with e'thing. They are next to a fiberglass pool company who is releasing uncaptured fiberglass.....uh.....whatever the stuff is that open raw fiberglass emits so they have to be sure the 2 company's together dont go over a certain amount.

I didnt realize this discussion had made it to other groups. Will have to check it out.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #54

2 complete trailer molds so 2 trailers. And it can be run by one guy instead of the 4 or 5 it takes the others to hand lay, spray etc. It's a vacuum type process where they just lay the stuff in and pull a switch as I understand it. Very quick and efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Crowl View Post
Or by Two Molds Per Day do they mean the two molds it takes to make one unit?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #55

I wonder if the awning will be like the foxwing model where it wraps around and is lightweight.photo here
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #56

I dont think so, Ken. It's going to be "Big Rig" style with the support arms being attatched to the frame and a self storing case etc I do believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
I wonder if the awning will be like the foxwing model where it wraps around and is lightweight.photo here
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #57

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
OT, but I love that awning; it would be great for a rear-opening Campster or Compact. I'll have to look for more info.

Bobbie
Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #58

I think Casita/Scamp both have the couples market cornered so this might capture the small family market or couples who want a bigger bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post

Kip
Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #59

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: 2019 GoBE; Former Scamp owner; 2005 & 2014 Jeeps
Minnesota
L'il Snoozy appears beautiful, with great functionality! I can see why you are excited! Do you know what it is insulated with and what the wall covering is made from? Thanks for providing such wonderful detailed information.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #60

That's the only awning i have seen that wraps around as Melissa described. It will be fun to see what snoozy end's up with. A Queen bed is definitely wonderful in this size trailer.

Melissa, did you or your hubby catch if the sub-floor is wood or fiberglass? I saw the cutout around where the shower drain would be but could not tell what material was underneath the covering. For example, oliver has a composite non wood floor while casita , scamp, escape have wood.

Second, would you happen to know if you got down and looked under the trailer if it's a fiberglass belly like casita or escape... or bare wood like scamp. Thanks for all your help.
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy