Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #61

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
The insulation comes from the inner "foam core". Nicholas said it's probably comparable to about a R9. There will be no wall covering, just nice smooth gelcoat b/c of the foam core there is no need for a wall covering as there is no condensation at all.

Another feature I forgot about in my sleep deprived daze, lol was since we're getting bunks now for the kids once they are grown and no longer traveling with us we can bring Snoozy back and have the bunks replaced with the sofa or chairs etc. E'thing just bolts in. Hmmmmmmmm, now I wonder if you could order a set of bunks and a sofa for folks with grankids who may occasionally travel with them then they could take the sofa out and install the bunks themselves. The sofa does sleep 2 cozily but would be fine for 2 young kids. My 15 y/o doesnt want to sleep with her kicking, rolling, flailing 8 y/o sister so we're getting bunks.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #62

It is definately a FG belly, you could wax it if you felt inclinded, lol. The interior floor had not been installed yet. Nicholas said it will be either vinyl or wood (your choice) but I didnt think to ask what if anything he is putting under the floor covering of choice. Right now there is a gelcoat over the fiberglass floor. Actually didnt look half bad funny enough.

The awnings are 2 seperate awnings. One large one like the big rigs and then a smaller duplicate over the rear door. Then there is a triangular piece that can be zipped between the two awnings to cover the open space so you dont get wet in the rain going from the trailer door to the side. Also, there will be a grill mounted on the back which will swing out perpendicular to the trailer so when grilling you wouldnt have the triangle piece installed above for obvious reasons. And while you are tending to your grill you can reach through the open kitchen window for seasonings, wash your hands, stir a pot on the stove etc. How cool is that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
That's the only awning i have seen that wraps around as Melissa described. It will be fun to see what snoozy end's up with. A Queen bed is definitely wonderful in this size trailer.

Melissa, did you or your hubby catch if the sub-floor is wood or fiberglass? I saw the cutout around where the shower drain would be but could not tell what material was underneath the covering. For example, oliver has a composite non wood floor while casita , scamp, escape have wood.

Second, would you happen to know if you got down and looked under the trailer if it's a fiberglass belly like casita or escape... or bare wood like scamp. Thanks for all your help.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #63

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I like the open pass-through window idea a lot. Not so sure about the bed, reminds me of a V-berth in a boat and makes it really difficult to sleep in anything but a sleeping bag (how would you get the sheets on?) It looks like it will be a really nice camper, though, can't wait until you get the finished product.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #64

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
That pass-through window appears to be like most egress windows (notice the red handles). I know egress bus windows are hinged at the top and when the handles are pulled, the entire window tips out, but doesn't fall to the ground. Someone with a egress window in one of the other molded trailers could test it for us?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #65

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Scamp and Casita might be singing that song soon.

"We've both been sound asleep.....!"

Kip

John
Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #66

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Neat looking trailer. My biggest concern would be how long before the rear mounted AC unit tears lose from its mounting. Unless it has a much better suspension than Casita, I think it would just be a matter of time.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #67

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
well, you do have the early escapes, serro scotty, A-liner, chalet, KZ sportsman and spree, Jayco swift, all mounted in the side like this. I can't seem to recall very many of those falling out but you never know, anything is possible i guess.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #68

Trailer: Aliner
I have had traveled thousands of miles with my Aliner over some very rough roads, and the air conditioner coming loose has not been an issue.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #69

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I would like to know the interior width, and also the interior length up to the point where the floor starts to curve upward. I am still stuck on the thought that this could make a good cargo trailer... depending on whether it's large enough for my needs. Flat floor area is my concern.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #70

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
It could be nice with a small side dinette too instead of the couch. Then one would have a window to look out of while eating.

Melissa, be sure to check your owners manual. You mentioned getting air boosters in the rear and that would bring your headlights up.....but there has been discussion before. You don't want to mask a problem and have poor steering.

Our Odyssey steers ok with the almost 200 lbs on the tongue. If we had more we would have to go for the equalizer hitch. Now our headlights are too high, we don't travel at night. Since our steering is not a problem we could use the air boost things.

Also you should probably consider a transmission cooler too, if you haven't already, unless your van is different from most.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, sure glad you found a unit that will truly suit your needs.

Nancy
Old 03-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #71

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Lil' Snoozy

A further concern I have is the rear door and airconditioner coils getting really crusty in dirty driving conditions.
Too bad they didn't make the beds along the side walls ala Little Joe. We found when sleeping one against the wall the other not, that the one against the wall disturbs the front one when getting up for potty break, etc, and the rear one is more subject to claustrophobia especially with that ceiling coming down like that.

Glad to see a prototype. I was somewhat concerned there at first.

I do like the large screen door, the aerodynamic shape, the outrigger wheels.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 AM   #72

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I see no problem with the front bed arrangement, it is the most efficient use of space. The shape will help with gas, otherwise you have the box like straight walls in conventional trailers. Truck campers have for decades dealt with a similar sleeping arrangements. Windows on either end or a skylight helps with light. I see no problem disturbing another one that exists different than that at home. Let's not forget, it is a lot better than sleeping on the ground!!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:59 AM   #73

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
There are floor plans for 2 single beds. Here Mr.Smoak mentions it.

"Floor Plan LS2B:
I am sure this is the floor plan you have been waiting for. All of the
LiL Snoozys will use the same kitchen and bathroom/shower, the difference is in the living and sleeping areas. For this model we have reduced the length of the entertainment center and seating area in favor of two single beds running longways with a narrow isle between them. We are able to retain the same plush swivel rockers as the LS2."

With the door being the size it is and the straight in entry, I would think it could be be fairly easy swapping out bunks, sofa, dinette modules, etc., because they are "built in" rather than part of the molding process. Of course that would depend on the original configuration of the bed and available FLOOR SPACE.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 AM   #74

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Chapman View Post
Neat looking trailer. My biggest concern would be how long before the rear mounted AC unit tears lose from its mounting. Unless it has a much better suspension than Casita, I think it would just be a matter of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
well, you do have the early escapes, serro scotty, A-liner, chalet, KZ sportsman and spree, Jayco swift, all mounted in the side like this. I can't seem to recall very many of those falling out but you never know, anything is possible i guess.
My bad Not very familiar with the listed trailers which use the same configuration. Just thought there would be a lot of shock and bounce at the rear with the majority of the weight of the AC hanging out in space.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #75

Hi Roger, the production model A/C will have a molded plastic vented cover to protect it from road debris. They are also installing rubber bumpers to protect noggins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post

A further concern I have is the rear door and airconditioner coils getting really crusty in dirty driving conditions.
Too bad they didn't make the beds along the side walls ala Little Joe. We found when sleeping one against the wall the other not, that the one against the wall disturbs the front one when getting up for potty break, etc, and the rear one is more subject to claustrophobia especially with that ceiling coming down like that.

Glad to see a prototype. I was somewhat concerned there at first.

I do like the large screen door, the aerodynamic shape, the outrigger wheels.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #76

Cargo Trailer

Hi Mike! I saw the Cargo Trailer and it seemed huge! I dont recall losing a lot of floor space with the curve. You could contact Nicholas and he'd give you all the specs you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I would like to know the interior width, and also the interior length up to the point where the floor starts to curve upward. I am still stuck on the thought that this could make a good cargo trailer... depending on whether it's large enough for my needs. Flat floor area is my concern.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #77

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Kip is right about the swivel rockers. There is even a photo on that other snoozy locked thread.

Moderators, can the the other snoozy thread be unlocked now that we see the company and product are real, no a hoax? That is, if you think it's Appropriate. I was just tossing the idea out there.

It will be interesting so see what they come up with for the rear door for the cargo model and if the queen bed is allowed to stay and still carry a 4 wheeler, or Harley inside there. Looks like it would.

I would think the rear a/c would get a vinyl cover like Chalet and A-liner to protect the coils getting muddy in dirty driving conditions.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #78

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Very impressive. Any idea what the interior headroom is?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #79

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Melissa posted this on page two: length and headroom
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #80

Interior headroom

Well, the website says 6'2" but Hubby is 6 ft and had an entire hand's width between his head and the ceiling. Now the flooring hadnt been put in yet so that will eat up a little but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy