Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #81

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Moderators, can the the other snoozy thread be unlocked now that we see the company and product are real, no a hoax? That is, if you think it's Appropriate. I was just tossing the idea out
. I think this thread and the earlier one split drom the Classifieds discussion are much more positive venues for discussion of the RV. If you want to refer to the old thread, it's there in the Hello forum, but for the sake of new readers I would prefer not to reopen old wounds. It wasn't our proudest moment.

Regards,

Matt
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #82

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
We want to go to a Rally but being all the way down here in FL and tied to a school schedule we dont know which one we could attend. Which is the biggest, probably the Oregon gathering right? What about the one in TX? Is that a good size one? Nicholas is printing of loads of business cards to give us b/c I'm sure traveling from FL to WY and back we will get stopped a lot with questions.
Melissa

I see from other posts in this thread that you will be heading from WY to TX and back to FL during the July/August time frame. Why not make a stop at Camp Hale for the rally on July 18-20? Depending on your path south from WY it could be just a small side trip. Lots of beautiful mountain scenery and friendly 'glass owners.

Camp Hale is located near Leadville CO about an hour drive south of I-70.

What is your destination in WY?

Orlen
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #83
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Three things occur to me:
1) I'd like to see the brake lights and the turn signals higher up on the body. Easier to see.
2) Will the shape effect the tongue weight. Since it is shaped like a wing, will the air flow push up or down?
3) The roof appears to be supported by the privacy curtain "arch" replacing the role of the cabinets in the traditional egg. This should allow lots of freedom in the layout from there back. If I were rebuilding an old camper and wanted a larger bed, it would be worth consideration.

Hey Melissa, ain't you havin' fun. Raz
Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #84

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
. I think this thread and the earlier one split drom the Classifieds discussion are much more positive venues for discussion of the RV. If you want to refer to the old thread, it's there in the Hello forum, but for the sake of new readers I would prefer not to reopen old wounds. It wasn't our proudest moment.

Regards,

Matt
Matt

I could not disagree more,but what else is new?

To me that thread was what this Forum can do best,look out for each other.
It seems to me that if we do not ask questions and hope for accountability why are we here?
I take certain comfort in this and I don't think it ever got out of hand or nasty?
I look at it as Prudent,maybe that is just me?
Ed
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #85

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hi Orlen,

My destination in WY is Sundance. It is in the Black Hills in the far NorthEast corner about 30 mins from the S. Dakota border. The town has a pop. of about 900 so not really any amenitites. We drive to the Walmart in Spearfish, S. Dakota for groceries and the "mall", Lowes, Cabellas etc in Rapid City S.D. when we really need more stuff.

I found out school starts Aug 9 and I will spend a few days in TX before hand and then drive home to FL and have a few days to get the kids ready so the timeframe may be able to be finagled to fit that meetup. We'll see what I can do.

Ok, I just Googled Camp Hale, CO and I keep coming across websites talking about military munitions there and how to stay safe etc. What is the name of the exact CG the get together is being held and is there a link?

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlen Wolf View Post
Melissa

I see from other posts in this thread that you will be heading from WY to TX and back to FL during the July/August time frame. Why not make a stop at Camp Hale for the rally on July 18-20? Depending on your path south from WY it could be just a small side trip. Lots of beautiful mountain scenery and friendly 'glass owners.

Camp Hale is located near Leadville CO about an hour drive south of I-70.

What is your destination in WY?

Orlen
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #86

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
" Sundance" where the kid got his name.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #87

EXACTLY! We even saw the bank he robbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
" Sundance" where the kid got his name.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #88

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Where's the closet??

This is certainly an appealing option to the Casita and Scamp, especially for traveling solo...like me! But is there a closet? I still need to hang some shirts and long pants.

And does it have black AND grey holding tanks?? Or just one holding tank?

I wish they would "de-cartoonize" the logo, class it up a little bit.

Will he produce it minus the graphics on the side? They look a little like 1950s hot-rod graphics to me.

Thanks for the great photos. Please keep us informed.

D*
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #89

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Don, I don't have a closet either... needed more shelf space.. so the shelves took over the closet. I hung a tension rod in the bathroom so I can hang my coat, etc. ... now I have a dual-purpose bathroom YMMV
Old 04-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #90

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Matt

I could not disagree more,but what else is new?

To me that thread was what this Forum can do best,look out for each other.
It seems to me that if we do not ask questions and hope for accountability why are we here?
I take certain comfort in this and I don't think it ever got out of hand or nasty?
I look at it as Prudent,maybe that is just me?
Ed
Hi Ed,

I stated the reasons the thread was closed in the final post, and it had absolutely nothing to do with asking questions or being hopeful. In any case, it's a done deal, and since that time apologies have been made and hopefully accepted. Melissa has given us a great opportunity to move forward with facts, so let's do that!
Regards,

Matt
Old 04-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #91

Hi Don, There is a 30 gal Grey tank and a 30 gal fresh tank. No need for a black tank b/c it's a cassette toilet. They probably would leave the graphics off or maybe just tone them down a bit. No closet but we were thinking the same as Donna and doing a tension rod in the bath or the minivan or wherever. If you didnt want the 42" TV, maybe the storage cabinet could be extended to the ceiling and have a clothes rod and add'l shelves etc installed. They are very flexible and eager to please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
This is certainly an appealing option to the Casita and Scamp, especially for traveling solo...like me! But is there a closet? I still need to hang some shirts and long pants.

And does it have black AND grey holding tanks?? Or just one holding tank?

I wish they would "de-cartoonize" the logo, class it up a little bit.

Will he produce it minus the graphics on the side? They look a little like 1950s hot-rod graphics to me.

Thanks for the great photos. Please keep us informed.

D*
Old 04-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #92

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Hi Don, There is a 30 gal Grey tank and a 30 gal fresh tank. No need for a black tank b/c it's a cassette toilet. They probably would leave the graphics off or maybe just tone them down a bit. No closet but we were thinking the same as Donna and doing a tension rod in the bath or the minivan or wherever. If you didnt want the 42" TV, maybe the storage cabinet could be extended to the ceiling and have a clothes rod and add'l shelves etc installed. They are very flexible and eager to please.
Is there a photo of the street side? I'm looking for the cassette toilet access?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #93

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
42" TV?!?!?!
I am getting on the list!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #94

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
ood evening. It’s been a while since my last post. As you can tell by Melissa’s photos, we here at SCC have been extremely busy with the LiL Snoozy and with our new plant. It is a wonderful sight to see such a rapidly growing thread, with nearly all positive feedback. I thank each and every one of you for the kind words and suggestions. A great number of our innovations have come from input people like you.
It seems that I have some questions to answer and I am sure this post will spark more (to which I say, “Let the questioning begin”) These answers might be a bit out of order so bare with me.
Someone asked about a cargo version, I am happy to say that a cargo version is available (or will be when the new plant is up and running). I made mention to this in a previous post, the “LiL Hauly” (not sure about the name yet) will be available with or without the bed. That is the beauty of our design, the structure is completely self-supporting. None of the interior cabinetry is structural.
I have been asked about the construction materials, primarily what is our use of wood. The only wood in the LiL Snoozy is in the cabinetry and bed frame. The structure is a high density foam core laminated between layers of fiberglass. NO WOOD. NO ROT.
The tires will remain outside of the trailer, as will the gray water tank. The picture of the new galvanized trailer shows a water tank on the floor. One member guessed right, where the tank is located is the relative placement within the trailer. We have seen no indications of a freezing issue with this placement, through our testing or other trailers that have the same placement. We decided to relocate the gray tank to under the trailer and the fresh tank to under the couch/bunks.
With respect to our production schedule, our molds are capable of producing 2 parts a day without overstressing the molds. The plant we are building is capable of rolling three trailers a week. We are keeping production low for the first year to ensure quality with the first campers.
Again I am very happy to see the response surrounding the photos of the LiL Snoozy. Thank you very much. As always I am happy to answer any questions ya’ll may have.
Have a great weekend

Nicholas Smoak

PS CPHarley, The street side of the camper is the side opposite the fold out window. I have not cut the access door for the cassette yet. The door will be on the rear of the camper on the street side of the door.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #95

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
To clarify,
since there is no other molded fiberglass RV in production without a wood floor right now. The snoozy sub-floor is foam core laminated between layers of fiberglass, with no wood product like the popular Rv industry Luan used correct?

PS> thanks so much for coming back to the forum here. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to chat with us with your busy schedule
Old 04-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #96

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
To clarify,
since there is no other molded fiberglass RV in production without a wood floor right now. The snoozy sub-floor is foam core laminated between layers of fiberglass, with no wood product like the popular Rv industry Luan used correct?

PS> thanks so much for coming back to the forum here. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to chat with us with your busy schedule
Thanks Ken,
Your assumption is correct, there is absolutely no wood in our structure. Naturally our cabinets are all wood (though unlike the majority of campers we use red oak planks and red oak plywood, not press board and luan) When the LiL Snoozy comes out to the mold, before holes are drilled for the attach bolts, it is as water tight as a boat hull.
Nicholas
Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #97

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab
Hi Don, There is a 30 gal Grey tank and a 30 gal fresh tank. No need for a black tank b/c it's a cassette toilet.
I'm afraid the lack of a regular black tank system would kill the deal for me. I really like everything except the omission of that. It is a nice product.

The Don Pod
Old 04-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #98

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
I'm afraid the lack of a regular black tank system would kill the deal for me. I really like everything except the omission of that. It is a nice product.
What do you like about black tanks so much, is it the greater capacity? Or do you like emptying with a hose?

I've had black tank and I've had portapotti (which I imagine is pretty similar to cassettes), and the porta actually seems a bit more convenient to me in terms of emptying. While the black tank can go longer between emptying, I've never needed longer intervals than what the portapotty could hold.

Every trailer is a compromise of one sort or another.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #99

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
Don, that was my initial decision when I first heard about the Lil Snoozy. But after painstakingly comparing it to the other fiberglass trailers, there just isn't a comparison for me.

I am going to have to sell my Aliner as a fixer upper due to soft floors. I don't ever want to deal with that problem again... nor do I want to have to worry about rivets and those potential leak sources.

If I find out later that a real black tank is essential, I would imagine that I could have one fabricated somewhere.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #100

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
What do you like about black tanks so much, is it the greater capacity? Or do you like emptying with a hose?
You have to empty the grey tank with the hose anyway.

Quote:
Every trailer is a compromise of one sort or another.
You are correct!

D*
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy