Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #141

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Conservation

A case for Cassette and Porta Potties.

Just like we have to limit the stuff we take, do to the limited storage in our campers, we can conserve (limit) the use of Cassette and Porta-Pottys. This is especially true for men. Think about it!

With that said, neither of us care to "sit" on a public toilet. But in reality the need to really "sit" is only likely to occur once or twice a day.

It takes a long time to fill a five gallon tank with solids.

Generally speaking use the campsite's facilities for liquids when possible. Leaving the P-P for "sitting" and for after dark for the ladies.

It is really hard to get a camper's black water tank CLEAN at a public dump station, unless we have plenty of time and don't mind draggin a hose through whatever might be there. It is easier at a camp site with sewer hook up, but still involves dragging a water hose inside the camper and sticking something or other into the toilet to clean the sides of the tank. Even then if the camper isn't sitting at an optimum angle, some of the stuff stays in the tank.

Me thinks LIL'Snoozy's Cassette Toilet is a good idea for conserving weight, ease of dumping and cleaning, and cost.

If someone is a bit unwilling to limit the use of the toilet, let them tend to the cleaning of it.

Kip
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #142

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
A case for Cassette and Porta Potties.

Just like we have to limit the stuff we take, do to the limited storage in our campers, we can conserve (limit) the use of Cassette and Porta-Pottys. This is especially true for men. Think about it!

With that said, neither of us care to "sit" on a public toilet. But in reality the need to really "sit" is only likely to occur once or twice a day.

It takes a long time to fill a five gallon tank with solids.

Generally speaking use the campsite's facilities for liquids when possible. Leaving the P-P for "sitting" and for after dark for the ladies.

It is really hard to get a camper's black water tank CLEAN at a public dump station, unless we have plenty of time and don't mind draggin a hose through whatever might be there. It is easier at a camp site with sewer hook up, but still involves dragging a water hose inside the camper and sticking something or other into the toilet to clean the sides of the tank. Even then if the camper isn't sitting at an optimum angle, some of the stuff stays in the tank.

Me thinks LIL'Snoozy's Cassette Toilet is a good idea for conserving weight, ease of dumping and cleaning, and cost.

If someone is a bit unwilling to limit the use of the toilet, let them tend to the cleaning of it.

Kip
Our method of cleaning is to add a gallon of water to the tank after dumping and before hitting the road again. It loosens anything remaining and drains easily.

Norm
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #143

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Alf swears by the Geo Method. Which prevents anything from sticking to the sides of the blackwater tank: The Geo Method See item 3 in the list and adjust for the size of the black water tank in your trailer.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #144

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
You all have excellent points on cassettes vs black water. We chose the Thetford Cassette C200 due to its having many of the preferred features of the portos and black waters. Some reason why we chose a cassette over the other two:
1. With the cassette there is no need to search for, or wait in line at a dump station.
2. A black water system (with the added plumbing, custom tank, and associated headaches) would as an extra thousand dollars or so to the final price. As you can tell we are trying to keep price down and quality up, so that makes a cassette the best of both worlds.
3. With a porto potty one must carry the waste through the living area in order to dump. The way we installed the cassette, the cassette is removed from the rear of the camper.
4. Easy of maintenance, what happens when if you have a problem with your black water system? You must take it to a dealer or get your hand very dirty. With a cassette, worst case scenario, you take out a few screws, disconnect a water line and power wire and through it in the dumpster. (yes that’s right, electric flush!)

I would like to add a personal thanks to all of you on this site that have shown interest and enthusiasm with the LiL Snoozy, it really has been a labor of love of the months and years this project has been in the making. Thank you all very much!

Nicholas Smoak
SCC
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #145

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
I would like to add a personal thanks to all of you on this site that have shown interest and enthusiasm with the LiL Snoozy, it really has been a labor of love of the months and years this project has been in the making. Thank you all very much!
Nicholas Smoak
SCC
Nicholas, looks like you have a nice product. I can't wait to see it in person. Here is a suggestion or two for you to consider:

---> On photo DSCF1942.jpg of the TV cabinet storage, rather than the one permanent center shelf, adjustable shelves would be nice with the option for 3 or 4 shelves and make the space more flexible.

---> Also on the same photo, "holes" in the top of the cabinet to run cables will be a great help. (You may have planned that already) That was one of the most useful features my Nuwa Hitchhiker has, the openings in the top of the desk for running power and TV/computer cables to the space underneath. A simple cut-out on the inside shelves that nobody sees would work.

---> Since it is such an open design, could the buyer omit the sofa/chairs and omit the microwave so he could use his own? I would rather use my own extra RV recliner and probably just set a microwave or convection oven on the counter. One reason I am looking at the Casita FD is the option to remove the captains chairs and use a recliner. That also makes it easier to upgrade.

Good luck with your time schedule. We are all looking forward to the finished product and all the great reviews.

Don
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #146

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
Nicholas, looks like you have a nice product. I can't wait to see it in person. Here is a suggestion or two for you to consider:

---> On photo DSCF1942.jpg of the TV cabinet storage, rather than the one permanent center shelf, adjustable shelves would be nice with the option for 3 or 4 shelves and make the space more flexible.

---> Also on the same photo, "holes" in the top of the cabinet to run cables will be a great help. (You may have planned that already) That was one of the most useful features my Nuwa Hitchhiker has, the openings in the top of the desk for running power and TV/computer cables to the space underneath. A simple cut-out on the inside shelves that nobody sees would work.

---> Since it is such an open design, could the buyer omit the sofa/chairs and omit the microwave so he could use his own? I would rather use my own extra RV recliner and probably just set a microwave or convection oven on the counter. One reason I am looking at the Casita FD is the option to remove the captains chairs and use a recliner. That also makes it easier to upgrade.

Good luck with your time schedule. We are all looking forward to the finished product and all the great reviews.

Don
AND for those who do not watch that much tv, a window in lieu of the big screen tv. Speaking of windows, possibility of option for the dual pane Dometic acrylic awning windows, they are an excellent product. Everything else is fantastic, please let us know when a price list with options are available. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #147

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
PS-Nicholas...
If you need some volunteers to use your trailer for some product testing, myself and I'm sure others here would be glad to put the trailer to use and report back any issues. We could then have an option to purchase the unit after testing.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #148

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
AND for those who do not watch that much tv, a window in lieu of the big screen tv.
Oh Yeah, I forgot about that. I have an extra television i would want to use instead of whatever comes with it. The entire plan is so open it would be easy to customize and personalize.

D*
Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #149

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Good evening forum, as you may notice by the time stamp, it is late in
the evening. We have been running around like headless chickens working
on Snoozy HQ. The wonderful thing is, I can see the light at the end
of the tunnel, and it is growing larger every hour. If all goes to
plan we will begin moving tooling into the plant within the next two
weeks.
Some of you have asked about visiting the plant. It would be my
pleasure to host anyone who wants to have a tour of the plant. If it is
before we have the plant operational I would ask that you give us a day
or so notice, that way we can be sure to have a LiL Snoozy available for
your viewing and one of us will be available to speak with you.
A member asked about the interior dimensions; the length to the turn up
is slightly more than 10 ft, and the width is 6ft 6in.
As I have said before, the structure is completely self supporting.
That coupled with our modular interior design, allows us to add and
delete any aspect of our interior. We have made provisions to add a
window in place of the TV. This idea came directly from the members of
this forum. Thanks in part to ya�"ll, we are constantly changing and re
thinking certain design aspects.
Some members have been discussing towing characteristics and how the
aerodynamics affect tongue weight. I pulled the Snoozy that is pictured
on this thread at speeds in excess of 85 mph (I in no way condone
pulling any trailer at those speeds) While traveling that fast I
attempted to force an oscillation, or a sway, or something. The Snoozy
would fall right back into line as soon as I stopped whipping the wheel.
Over the next few weeks please be patient when emailing or calling us.
We are working dawn till dusk 7 days a week trying to finish the new
plant, so it may take a while to respond to questions and queries.
Thank you all again!!

Nicholas Smoak
Old 04-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #150
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Congradulations Nicholas on your new venture! I can truly appreciate the blood, sweat and tears you are putting in to get this off the ground and wish you all the success to get things rolling! There is certainly no better place to get things started than on this forum and the wealth of information will keep you on your toes! I think I read earlier that the prototype belongs to you...I hope you leave enough time in your busy schedule to actually use it...funny how quickly it can become a tool rather than its intended use as a toy!

All the best

Reace
Old 04-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #151

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Reace, you are a class act
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #152

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Reace, you are a class act
I totally agree!
Way to support one another!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #153

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily R. View Post
I totally agree!
Way to support one another!
Personally, I would like to offer my support by generously allowing my name to be added to the TESTER list. I can offer my services along with the personal use of my vintage Lincoln Town Car and Buick Lesabre as test vehicles for preliminary testing the Lil Snoozy on the highways and byways of Texas and surrounding states. The highways involved would include level roads, hills and (to some degree) mountains.

Feel free to contact me with testing information and dates you need my assistance and my cars.

Thank you sincerely,

Don in Dallas
Fibreglass Mobility Exploratory Engineer
Old 04-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #154

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we have both a portapotty (in the outback) and a conventional RV toilet in our "sticky" trailer. while the portapotty is certainly easier to empty and keep clean, it's holding capacity is less.. our model, anyway.
this cassette toilet looks like a win-win .......well, except to this lady...

.YouTube - sheffieldcaravans's Channel
Old 04-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #155

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
we have both a portapotty (in the outback) and a conventional RV toilet in our "sticky" trailer. while the portapotty is certainly easier to empty and keep clean, it's holding capacity is less.. our model, anyway.
this cassette toilet looks like a win-win .......well, except to this lady...

.YouTube - sheffieldcaravans's Channel
OMG! That brought tears to my eyes! That poor lady.........but I really needed a good laugh today and THAT did it. I'm still crying from laughter!

Dale
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #156

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Truly a retch-ed situation
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #157

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Truly a retch-ed situation
Yes, it was funny. Since I have never dealt with a cassette jon, I wonder how true-to-life it really is? Folks here with experience seem to think they are not so bad.

Hmmm...

D*
Old 04-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #158

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I just love YouTube! The variety of videos on that site never ceases to amaze me! Not the best endorsement for the cassette toilets though.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #159

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
or you could bypass all that and use the grey water drain hose. Then put the cassette back, turn around and dump the grey water tank.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #160

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Looks like a lot more bother than pulling open the black water valve, then the grey water valve, which I have to do anyway; (on our camper both tanks feed through a "Y" to a common outlet).
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy