Beautiful and Quiet New Hampshire - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-30-2020, 10:26 PM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 21
Free State of New Hampshire
Beautiful and Quiet New Hampshire

Fortunately a bit too far for NYC and Boston. Burns Lake, Whitefield. The leaf peeping should be great next month.
Attached Thumbnails
bigfootlittlefoot.jpg   Burnslake Aerial.jpg  

P1010078.jpg  
Governor Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:32 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Staying in my Casita for the season, working at Chocorua Camping Village KOA in New Hampshire. Going to be a busy weekend but things may settle down after.
See you at the Spring Fling in New England Rally next May?
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:01 AM   #3

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 21
Free State of New Hampshire
Gerry, Great to hear you're in Chocoroa safe and enjoying NH. Take a look at a video I produced for them years ago. What a fun campground. (At the time we were trailerless and stayed at one of the old funky cabins.) https://iplayerhd.com/player/chocorua
Governor Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:07 AM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Live Free or Die

And best of all no sales tax, no state income tax and no estate tax.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:18 AM   #5

Name: Brian
Trailer: In the market
Rochester Hills
Hi,
Thanks for your post. Question, do you have a recommendation on a screen enclosure for and awning? Your photo prompted my question.
Thanks
Brian in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:36 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
And best of all no sales tax, no state income tax and no estate tax.
Yes, that’s right, but if you own property, the property tax will bankrupt you. And while NH brags about no sales or income tax, they substitute “fees” for everything. Might as well have a sales or income tax. And I remember being a PSCNH customer paying to build a nuclear power plant that the investors who were going to be earning dividends once it was built should have been paying for. I lived in NH for half of my life, and still have family and friends there. I left because I didn’t find the long months when the ground was covered in fluffy or slushy white stuff appealing to my wants and needs, nor did I find it far less expensive than any other locale. Admittedly I loved it in the summer and in the fall, but the rest of the year was not my cup of tea. To its credit, however, NH does have a little bit of everything (mountains, seashore, lakes, and forests).
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #7

I live right over the boarder into Maine and do all my shopping in NH and worked in NH since I moved north in 74. Lower taxes in ME with the bennies of NH just 10 miles down the road!

Jeff loved the Video and alot has stayed the same but there were some additions and upgrades to those "funky" cabins, I installed gas lights in all of them and also some gas heat in some.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #8

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I'm jealous. I haven't seen a northeast fall in decades, though I did grow up there.

Yeah, money has to come from somewhere. Montana has no sales tax but it's a topic most legislative sessions. One day we'll likely have it.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #9

It's a two way street ... Maybe it's not how much money you make but ... how much you spend.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:31 PM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
It's a two way street ... Maybe it's not how much money you make but ... how much you spend.
The adage states that two things are certain: death and taxes. I would add a third since you bring up spending. Politicians always want to spend more than the tax revenue can support, and will raise taxes to do so. We are fortunate to have bureaucrats who know better how to spend our money than we do!
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:03 AM   #11
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Most of eastern Vermont shops in New Hampshire. With few exceptions, that's where the stores are. Even without the sales tax advantage, things are cheaper. For example, no tax on groceries in Vermont and yet shopping at the same chain, my grocery bill will be atleast 10% lower. I suspect it's because of less regulation in the "Live Free or Die" state. But just as Vermont changed from red to blue in the 80's, New Hampshire is doing the same. No seat belt or motorcycle helmet law, no sales tax, no income tax...... but a 1% sales tax sure would make it easier to balance the budget. And it's only a penny.

The government never gives anyone anything it doesn't take from somebody else.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote