Bed Comfort - Oliver Legacy Elite question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #1

Name: Dwain
Trailer: Searching
Florida
Bed Comfort - Oliver Legacy Elite question

For those who have a newer version of the Legacy Elite, are the cushions for the bed comfortable? Can a standard mattress fit instead of cushions?
Thanks!
Dwain
Dwainkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwainkitchens View Post
For those who have a newer version of the Legacy Elite, are the cushions for the bed comfortable? Can a standard mattress fit instead of cushions?
Thanks!
Dwain
I have a new Legacy Elite Hull #309. The cushions are actually quite comfortable for sitting, but we added a very good 2" full-size foam topper and trimmed it to fit. No way a standard mattress will fit. You could have one custom made. Link below.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #3

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
One of the newer Elite owners had a unique, custom mattress made. Instead of one large mattress, it is in sections which allows easy access to the access panels beneath the mattress. It has served him well.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/top...de-mattresses/
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #4

Name: skalywag
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Registry
I also added a very nice foam mattress topper that I trimmed to fit (easy), and we now sleep quite well. It was not very expensive and was well made.

Cheers,
skalywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Oliver
Georgia
New Ollie owner

We are the proud new owners of hull #428 and being second owners we got several upgrades I would not have purchased on my original build list. One of which was the upgraded mattresses that Oliver offers for the twin bed model, they are extremely comfortable though rather pricey! As I have been searching for the right fit for us and decided the Oliver was worth the price based on how well they hold their value, I had determined to buy new and add extras later so we decided on Southern Mattress Company in North Carolina, who custom builds a quality mattress to fit your RV. Though we did not use them on this RV we have experienced their mattresses before and therefore recommend them at about half the price of the Oliver upgrade.
To each their own but I’m content that Oliver builds one of the best TT in the industry, not perfect but dang near!
Steve Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver