Bed width in Scamps - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #1

Name: Dianne
Trailer: Currently Shopping - probably Casita
Washington
Bed width in Scamps

I cannot find this information on their website, nor in the brochure.

I am trying to determine the bed size in a Scamp 13 vs the 16. And is it wider in the deluxe version? (I thought the difference in the deluxe version was the wood cabinets)

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks so much!
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Dianne, the Scamp 13 Standard comes with a 44" wide bed or a 54" bed. The 13 Deluxe comes with a 54" wide bed. The 16 Standard is currently only offered with a 44" wide bed. I believe the 16 Deluxe has the wider 54" bed. Realize that the wider bed means less counter space and closet space. To us it was worth it. You are right about Scamp not making that very clear. For years the only way to get a 13 with a wide bed was to order a Deluxe (approx $3K more). I found out about it by researching it on this forum. I think it's been available in the standard model for about 1 year now, but you still won't find it in their brochures or website.

If anything I told you is incorrect, someone will weigh in and set the record straight. You stumbled into a gold mine when you came here. I wish you luck with your search.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Dianne, the Scamp 13 Standard comes with a 44" wide bed or a 54" bed. The 13 Deluxe comes with a 54" wide bed. The 16 Standard is currently only offered with a 44" wide bed. I believe the 16 Deluxe has the wider 54" bed. Realize that the wider bed means less counter space and closet space. To us it was worth it. You are right about Scamp not making that very clear. For years the only way to get a 13 with a wide bed was to order a Deluxe (approx $3K more). I found out about it by researching it on this forum. I think it's been available in the standard model for about 1 year now, but you still won't find it in their brochures or website.

If anything I told you is incorrect, someone will weigh in and set the record straight. You stumbled into a gold mine when you came here. I wish you luck with your search.

Tom
Largely correct... except to point out that the $3000 additional price for the Deluxe adds more than just wood and a wider bed. If comparably equipped, the difference can be less than $1500.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #4

Name: Dianne
Trailer: Currently Shopping - probably Casita
Washington
Thank you both, so very much.
This is a critical issue for us, so I need to get my information correct.

I did email Scamp and asked, but they are closed; perhaps I will get a response tomorrow. If so, I'll share it.
Thank you again.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
I haven't had a lot of luck emailing Scamp. I think you'll do better talking to a salesman on the phone. Our salesman is Alan, but there are others that are probably just as helpful. Write your questions down and leave a space to record your answers. Less confusing, especially when comparing a couple different brands and models.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yeah Dianne, Scamp has a toll-free 800 number. You're better off calling...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp