Bedding Solutions-Share Yours - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #21

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Here are a few responses to questions and comments in previous posts.

1. No, the first photo is not from my trailer. It is from the manufacturer. [see photo 2 below] This photo shows two queen size comforters folded in half to fit onto the cushions in the "bed position". (see my other postings for bedding details. Search "Gilda bedding" on the FGRV site, Google search.)

2. I suggest sewing a heavy duty elastic 3/4" -1" wide diagonally on the bottom of the corners of your fitted sheets or cushion covers. The photo shows "sheet garters". I have not had good success with these. I find that elastic sewn to the corner stays in place much better.

3. I actually did put a baby crib bumper around the edge of my trailer bedding. [see photo 3 below](I found it at the thrift store) It serves to a. keep the edges of the "rat fur" clean when being touched by head and feet, b. cover the table hardware on the wall so I don't get hurt from bumps and bleeding (This did happen to me on my first night out!) and c. it just looks attractive. I semi-attach the crib bumper to the "rat fur" by sewing 2" strips of the "hook side" (not the "loop side" )of Velcro intermittently, on the back, top edge of the bumpers. While a standard bumper does not fit all the way around it is serviceable enough. It is also an easy project to make a bumper from scratch and you can make it to your exact dimensions.

As a bonus, you can consider the bumper a series of "pockets" around the edge. For instance, I tuck my small paperback book behind the bumper. You could tuck a few other small things there.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 027.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote