Beddy's (Bed Ease) Bedding for RVs, WOW! - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #1

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Beddy's (Bed Ease) Bedding for RVs, WOW!

Hi Everyone,
The Gleeful Glamper here talking about RV bedding, yet again. I just found this, new to me, bedding company called "Beddy's Bedding" (Bed Ease). Their all-in-one sheets, blanket and comforter is brilliantly designed so you or a 3 year old can easily make their bed and sleep in comfort. It's great for tight spaces such as bunk beds and RVs. No more fussing with all the bedding layers that shift and bother you while sleeping, never mind putting it all back together in the morning! I'm thinking of getting (or sewing) a set for my home. Check out their website and let us know what you think.https://beddys.com/collections/rvs-campers

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Looks like a good product for RVs that have temperature control ability to keep the interior temperature at night in the 60s to 70 degree range.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I find my tiny 13' Scamp trailer is always comfortable with one layer of comforter. One could always add more comforters as we do in very cold weather.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #4

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
I would love to get a set of these. My neighbor has them for her teens and LOVES them! I think they would be perfect in a camper!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #5

Name: AvisJo
Trailer: Casita
Washington
What about "less than a double" size bed??

Our 16 foot Casita has a bed that is smaller than a "double", bigger than a "twin". We use fitted double sheets but they really don't fit too well. This is the only thing that makes me unhappy that we got a 16 foot trailer. What do other people do? I cannot find such a thing as a 3/4 fitted bed sheet anywhere...
Thanks for your input!
Avis
The Moomin

Avisjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #6

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
A decade of Vanagon use killed the idea of using fitted sheets. Even if you could find a fitted sheet the right size it would just pull up the cushions toward the center. Think about the stress a fitted sheet does to a normal bed, and the work it takes to stretch it over. Think think about putting that kind of stress onto cushions that are not connected to each other. Assuming you are not using topper anyway.

I have found it easier and fast to just use a flat sheet for the bottom and top. And in winter I use a fleece blanket as the bottom layer. But then I put the bed away every morning so I don't really care about having a nice looking bed.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #7

Name: AvisJo
Trailer: Casita
Washington
That makes a lot of sense, and the cushions DO pull up in spite of the fitted sheets being too big. Sigh.... It's a bit of a workout reaching the back corners of that darn bed anyway, and it seems to need remaking every day! I like the idea of a fleece blanket during the winter. Okay, I'll give in and do good old hospital corners next time.
Thanks.
Avis
The Moomin
Avisjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #8

Idaho
Keep an eye on JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores sales, they always have 50%-60% off coupons, or will have all fleece on a 50% off sale. Fleece comes normally as a 60" roll, so just have them cut to your length (I just get 2.5 yards, 7.5 feet). As fleece does not fray you don't have to worry about finishing the ends. Ends up costing $12.50 per sheet and you can have all types of cool patterns and colors.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
good idea

good idea aaron I will look for this stuff. I like it wider I think you could just use it year around the wider the better to me

thanks

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #10

Name: Maryellen
Trailer: 2015 Casita SD
Pennsylvania
We have a Travasac and love it. It is, essentially, a sleeping bag with one side a Winter side and the flip side a Summer side. Inside it is lined with one large sheet that velcros in. As we leave our large dinette as a bed all the time, it is the easiest thing I.
Maryellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #11

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1500 View Post
Keep an eye on JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores sales, they always have 50%-60% off coupons, or will have all fleece on a 50% off sale. Fleece comes normally as a 60" roll, so just have them cut to your length (I just get 2.5 yards, 7.5 feet). As fleece does not fray you don't have to worry about finishing the ends. Ends up costing $12.50 per sheet and you can have all types of cool patterns and colors.
Don't you find the fleece' sweaty'? It seemed to have no absorbency when I used it.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #12

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
Don't you find the fleece' sweaty'? It seemed to have no absorbency when I used it.
I am not sure I really understand. Typically in winter if it is hot enough for me to be sweating I just turn down the temp. In summer when that could be an issue I don't use fleece, as I am trying to cut down the amount of insulation I surround myself with.

But in general as a backpacker I find fleece does a fine job absorbing sweat, sure not as good of a job as cotton or some other fabrics.