bedsheet solution for odd bed sizes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
bedsheet solution for odd bed sizes

It can be hard to find fitted sheets that work well with the bed sizes in many RVs. Here is one method the trailer owner might use to reduce the hassle.

First, buy 8 of these Keeper EasyKlips (Home Depot sells a 5-pack, so get 2 packs). Keeper EasyKlip Tarp Anchor (5-Pack)-89521-5 - The Home Depot
Get some light, thin rope and cut 4 pieces about a foot long each. Tie a clip onto each end of each rope piece. Cut some of the common non-skid shelf liner (also sold for rugs) so you have 4 squares, perhaps 1'x1'. Attach a shelf liner square to one of the clips on your first clip-rope assembly. Repeat for the other three.

You can either use an oversize fitted sheet or, perhaps even better, a nice big flat sheet. If the latter, lay the sheet over the cushions and fold the overlap into a "hospital corner" or "military corner" at the first corner.
3 Ways to Make a Hospital Corner - wikiHow
Then, use an EasyKlip to hold it together. Take the other end with its clipped shelf liner and shove it under the mattress, preferably where the weight of your body will help hold it in place.

Repeat for the other 3 corners. You should now have a reasonably well-fitting bottom sheet, no matter the bed size. The same system can be used to keep the foot of a top sheet in place, if that has been a problem for you.

We had a waterbed some years back, and I'd found something similar (ready-made) to help hold the bottom sheet in place. It worked well. It actually attached to the sheet with something akin to this Coghlan's tarp holder that Floyd linked to recently... Tarp Holder | Repair | Coghlan's ...but I think the EasyKlips will hold even better, and I think they're cheaper.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:59 AM   #2

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi, Michael, photos?

Also, if someone sews, it's VERY easy to merely fit a pre-made sheet to your specific bed. Just take in the corners.

WE ended up with two slightly-smaller than twin beds, and I just made covers for them--just like fitted sheets BUT out of yardage from WalMart--the slightly heavier 100% cotton (upholstery, they say) -- got a full bolt. We also have some twin sheets as alternates, but the heavier fabric works fine as both sheeting and upholstery--and is fully washable, since I washed the yardage the same way I intended to wash the "sheets" later --before I cut it.

Your method is innovative.

BEST
Kai

Below: the black and white plaid is the sheet/upholstery.
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 8 2016 A.jpg