Being Polite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Being Polite

I hadn't been in the forum in awhile but after realizing our house would never sell, we decided to start looking for a trailer again. When I read the classified ads, I was horrified to see some of the comments being made about the asking prices of more than one of the ads almost to the point of being rude and making fun of the person posting. This was more than one person that did this. Previously, this was such a welcoming and pleasant forum but with that behavior, it will turn people off and lose the benefit of their "company". I think it is great that people post to the classified because not everyone can afford new. I think we all know that the asking price is usually negotiable to a point and that it is always worthwhile if you are interested to go ahead and chat with the seller, just in case they might be willing to meet the price you have in mind either now or a little down the road. If it were me and I thought a price was way off-base and I noticed no one was showing interest, I might send them a pm stating that normally such and such goes for a little less and base that on past activity here. So, that is my rant - be polite, I'm a "Golden Rule" girl!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
cathy----i agree with you 100%.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm a golden rule kid too... I was taught if you couldn't look someone right in the eye and say it, then don't be a sniper and put it in print where you can hide.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Ditto here. No knitpicking.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #5

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
polite

Yes the down side of message boards, key board bully s.
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #6

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Well said Cathy
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Positive versus Negative

In life it's always easier to see the negative. Earlier in my life a good friend warned me, do 99 things right and 1 thing wrong and you'll be remembered for the 1 thing wrong.

Though Forums have the difficulty of faceless statements, overall their benefit in shared knowledge is overwhelmingly positive.

The Internet provides access to information beyond anything imaginable 20 years ago and for anyone with access to a computer. It is probably the most world changing invention ever because it can elevate everyone through shared knowledge.

Obviously there are faults however improvement is our goal. Pointing to problems results in vigilance and improvement, yet it's the 99 and not the 1 that sweetens our lives.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I did a lot of buying and selling homes for many years and i learned in my opinion only that no matter how bad the home was that i was purchasing or rude they where to tell the seller that the home is very georgeous and worth the money they are asking but that my finances just would not be able to purchase at that price so if you ever want to down the road take my offer it will be there.smile, shake their hand and walk away no matter how rude they are. You'd be surprised how many come back to complete the deal because you did not trash something that is dear to them or them personally. The only problem with arguing with an idiot is trying to figure out who the idiot is! (this is only my opinion and am not in any way accusing you of anything because by your letter you sound like a very nice person)
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #9

Trailer: Aliner
Norm, that is such sound wisdom. Thanks for the reminder on perspective.

For the most part, this board has the nicest people in the world--and they sweeten my life every day.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote