Benefits of RVing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #21

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
It's good to see your posts again, Norm. The benefits of RV-ing are innumerable, and the most important is that we can go far away from home, see places we have never seen and do it all in a way that is easier than tent camping and canoeing. That is how we saw parts of Europe and later on parts of the US. The Scamp lets us travel in considerably more comfort (being 75 and 73) and the cost is not that much higher. We also hope we can do this for a number of years. There are so many interesting places to see and explore. They all have their unique landscapes, geology, history, people, etc. etc. Let us also not forget that the Scamp maintenance and making incremental improvements keep some of us, who like to tinker and work on things, on our toes.

I hope you two make it to NL next year again. I would like to see it again myself, but it is much farther than it used to be, so our 2014 tour may have been it. But there are always new places to see within reasonable distance, whatever that might be.

"this too will end" <<< good advise.

Be Well and Healthy,
Paul
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #22

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

So 2020 is not what we expected, we were definitely planning on two months in Newfoundland. Now it's our target for next year. Here's hoping.
Norm,
Nice to hear from you and Ginny again and know you are both well and enjoying life. We were also planning 5-6 weeks in NL this summer - via Argentia this time - and are hoping that it can happen in 2021. We continue to appreciate your role in introducing us to the joys of NL.

BTW, Happy Birthday!!!
WDavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:30 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Liked Your "Benefits of RVing" Post

Hi Norm and Ginny.

We really liked your 8-5-20 Benefits of RVing post on Fiberglass RV forums.

We're Dan and Sharon. Dan is writing this.
We live in Alabama. We are working our way to launching our full-time RV adventure in Spring of 2021.

Your story is similar to ours. We dream of spending summers in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and Maine sometime soon.

If possible, please send us some of your tips for traveling in those areas...
...like favorite camping places, eating places, things to do, etc.

We would really appreciate it.

You could PM to us if you'd like.

Thanks,
Dan
Daniel W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #24

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Something's going to disappear after the election, that's for sure, but it won't be the virus. Is the entire world putting on a farce until after US elections? I just don't get the reasoning. I'd reconsider you choice of news, and take the "commentators" for what they are. People who seem to think their opinion is "news".

This has been beat to death in the COVID part of the forum. It's shocking to me that people still aren't taking this seriously. And the fact that our country can't present a unified front against this is the reason you can't get into Canada.

As for rving, people don't seem to be having any problem doing it, unless they want to cross an international border. Everywhere I go, places are flooded with rvs. I've been getting out just as much as usual. I understand if for you rving is just as much about visiting restaurants and getting culture, which is kind of off limits right now. But as far as camping goes, it seems at least as safe as home.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:48 PM   #25

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel W View Post
Hi Norm and Ginny.

We really liked your 8-5-20 Benefits of RVing post on Fiberglass RV forums.

We're Dan and Sharon. Dan is writing this.
We live in Alabama. We are working our way to launching our full-time RV adventure in Spring of 2021.

Your story is similar to ours. We dream of spending summers in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and Maine sometime soon.

If possible, please send us some of your tips for traveling in those areas...
...like favorite camping places, eating places, things to do, etc.

We would really appreciate it.

You could PM to us if you'd like.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, I tried PMing you but it did not work so I decided to start a Newfoundland thread. Additionally if you PM me with your email address I will send you a file on Newfoundland that contains a number of considerations for a trip to Newfoundland.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Dan, I tried PMing you but it did not work so I decided to start a Newfoundland thread. Additionally if you PM me with your email address I will send you a file on Newfoundland that contains a number of considerations for a trip to Newfoundland.
Norm and Ginny,
I tried to PM you too, but the website wouldn't send it for some reason.
I just clicked on a link in your profile to email you.
I think I sent you an email from this website.
Please check to see if it delivered.
We'd like any info/suggestions that you have on Maine too if possible.
Thanks!
Dan
Old 08-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #27

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Maine.

I did get your info. The Guide includes some info on Maine but I will expand it for you.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #28

Thanks!!

Quote:
I did get your info. The Guide includes some info on Maine but I will expand it for you.

Thanks for your assistance.
We can't wait to make that trip.

Maybe we'll cross paths there sometime.

Dan

Tags
vin