Best trailer for 6'4 guy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
Sounds great! Too bad you are so far away. That would be a couple thousand dollar trip just to pick up.
Mark
I drove to Tuscon from STL to get the Fiberstream and camped in an Arizona State Park before returning,one of the best trips ever!

Don't know where you are exactly but all of my trailers have come from at least a days full drive away!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #22

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Talking Camper for tall guy??

WE are just setting up our new 2018 Casita Independence Deluxe..we brought her home 2 weks ago from Rice TX..camping along the way.

The "Indy" as we call her, has two 83" long beds in the back, 31 " wide...OR it can be made up into ONE uuuuge king size bed. WE prefer the 2 twins bks we do not wanna crawl over each other to get up to P at Oh Dark 30.
We have decided to leave OUT one table top and leg, giving us way more storage/ space..the one table can easily sit two for a meal.. WE just finished adding 3" memory Foam toppers to the Casita cushions..wow does that make a niiiice bedstanding !!
So..I am 6', wife is 5'4" and there's plenty of room for a tall guy in these beds...unless you are over 6'9" The interior headroom (74")is fine for me..6'...so you real tall guys will bump, but really..how much time are we going tpo stand around IN the camper anyways.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #23

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Hi: Check out the new Hymer ERIBA towables. they are to be in the $20000 range they say and are sold buy local dealers.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
The little 13' Trailswest Campsters and the Compact trailers are possible options for you. What you can do is add a couple of extra inches to the fabric of the popup area. On the Campster you won't have to change the support structure, not sure about needing to modify the support on the Compact. But recently a woman who has a video blog about tiny house living bought a Compact, as her boyfriend is the same height as you they made some modifications to the popup to make it easy for him. These two trailers are both affordable options with a bonus of saving gas money while traveling with their lower profiles...
Great post and video, KC. With a lot of people looking for small, tall trailers, I had wondered how hard it might be to increase the height of the pop-up. Struts are a great idea, but it might benefit with something to stabilize it in a strong side wind to prevent damage to the struts. It also requires a new or modified canvas boot- not too difficult to do yourself nor too expensive to have it done.

The bed length is short in the Compact Jr. at 72-74" IIRC, but since it is oriented longways an extension into the aisle is pretty easy. I expect the Campster is similar.

For a tall person on a budget, you couldn't do much better.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #25

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Parkliner seems to be alive and well, as part of the Liberty Outdoors family. It is a bit irresponsible to post a rumored potential obituary, when a minute or two of research can often determine the truth.

Parkliner had a bit of a hiatus when they switched from factory direct to a dealer sales model.

I seem to be on their email list and get updates from them. They have established dealers.

They also may have done some trailer redesign, with the 2018's.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #26

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
Hunter video

I like that Hunter Compact Jr in the video. Tall enough inside for taller people but short enough with the top lowered to maybe fit inside a normal garage. Probably keeps cooler inside it on warmer days with the top raised. And I like the simple props to hold the top up. It looks light. And no messy cables which can break like in a popup. And even if it were a hair larger to hold a shower/bath it would still be very light. I don't know if anything like this is made new anymore.
flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #27

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2019 16' Scamp; tow vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape V6
Michigan
We have a 13' Scamp and I am 6' 1" and a little. We got the vinyl floor and if I stand straight up I have MAYBE a half-inch headroom to spare. The width of the bed seems to be exactly the same as the height of the trailer as my feet will touch and head will graze the rat fur when fully stretched out.
Keweenaw Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #28

Name: Nic
Trailer: Shopping
British Columbia
Have you tried a Safari Condo Alto? They are hard to come by but they are very well designed and have fantastic head room. You would easily fit.
nvrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #29

Name: John
Trailer: Casita SD 17'
Florida
I'm 6'2" with a Casita SD. Its fine for standing and sleeping in the dinette bed across the width. As mentioned previous, don't do extended standing in the Casita anyways. Only place I need to pay attention is coming in & out of Bathroom. Also coming up the steps going inside the camper. Potential to wack the head good in those two spots. I often wear a baseball cap. Helps if you do bang the noggan... Bottom line line is its not a huge issue for me so don't over think it. Better to go try some out real time and get a feel for it.
John Casita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #30

Name: Phillip
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
6’1” not an issue in 17’ Burro

I have a 1992 17ft. Burro. Burro’s are hard to find but are worth the hunt. The 17 ft is Double Shelled fiberglass with insulation in between the shells{no rat hair or mole fur}. It has an extra wide door which is great if your wide. The Burro is a full 8 inches wider than the Scamp or Casita so no fetal position required for sleeping and height under the ac is 6’2”. Has independent suspension. Dry weight at the truck scale is 1725lbs. They have not been made for years, they are hard to find as owners “will them”to younger family members. We love ours
PV Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:17 AM   #31

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Wisconsin
EggCamper is the way to go!

My hubby is also 6'4" tall and had to walk in stooped over and was always hitting his head with our first tiny Trillium camper. We sold it last summer and picked up a 2015 EggCamper with 6'7" interior height and bed 88" long so he can stretch out fully in bed, stand upright with a ball cap on and he loves it!!!! It is so spacious. His wingspan across can't even touch both sides. It is awesome. They don't make them anymore but we found ours on this website and don't regret the purchase at all.
Sharon in WI is offline   Reply With Quote