Best windows to get? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2020, 06:57 AM   #41

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Best windows to get?

I lived full time for four years in a 1968 24’ Holiday Rambler with large banks of jalousie windows. And yes, they’re wonderful... except in winter. Temperatures where I was living dropped to around 0*F occasionally, but low 20’s was more typical. I added plastic on the inside each year. Much better, but it didn’t do much for the view!

It was a wonderful trailer, well constructed with an aluminum frame and all-composite cabinetry, leak-free after 20 years, great layout, otherwise equipped for four season use. I don’t think dual pane windows were available in 1968.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:18 PM   #42

Name: john
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
Thanks John,

Good info. I didn't know they were called 'Jalousie Windows'. I still think they are the greatest window one can purchase for a small trailer. Here's why: They can be controlled and shed the rain without leakage into the trailer. The fact that they may be somewhat drafty, mine weren't in our Trillium, seems like a desirable exchange as some darftiness in a small trailer is a good thing isn't it?, especially in fiberglass units involved in these threads. A small trailer requires very little heat anyway. From my point of view, we own and use a 17 ft BigFoot trailer, I would exchnage the Bidfoot windows for those Trillium windows in a heartbeat.
Jturcot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:41 AM   #43

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
Choosing the best RV windows is not a simple task. It will require more time and patience in order to understand each product’s advantages and disadvantages. This way, you will get a long-lasting and quality product that will be a part of your trailer home for a very long time.
You can refer some good brand here: https://www.rvweb.net/best-rv-windows-reviewed/
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #44

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thank you Natalie, very interesting and informative.
Old 10-24-2022, 01:55 AM   #45

mexico
Installing frameless windows is never complete without assessing installation quality and window function. That is why it is best to run a few tests before signing off on the project. Try opening the frameless window as far as it can go, noting the ease of opening and any sound that may occur. You can also spray water on the window corners to check for leaks, ensuring the perimeter is waterproof and airtight. If there are leaks, you can add rubber sealant.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:53 AM   #46

mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie21 View Post
Installing frameless windows is never complete without assessing installation quality and window function. That is why it is best to run a few tests before signing off on the project. Try opening the frameless window as far as it can go, noting the ease of opening and any sound that may occur. You can also spray water on the window corners to check for leaks, ensuring the perimeter is waterproof and airtight. If there are leaks, you can add rubber sealant.
When installing the frameless window, if the window is hefty, I recommend having two people slot it into the hole while you support it from the inside. Ensure the trim’s correct alignment before fastening the corner screws.

Tags
windows