Big props to fiberglasstraveltrailersrv.com - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Big props to fiberglasstraveltrailersrv.com

Some of you may recall a thread awhile back when I called out Chuck of fiberglasstraveltrailersrv.com for making it a bit cumbersome to locate his business on-line. That old thread is here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ita-55667.html

As I mentioned in that thread, I am more of a buyer than a "tire kicker". I bought a 1989 Bigfoot B17G a couple years ago that needed a lot of work and I've been spending plenty of money on things for it the past two or so years, buying items both locally and via mail-order. I have an incredibly busy life and don't have time to figure out how to reach a commercial poster. As with many on-line buyers, I want as close to "instant gratification" as I can get with as few clicks as possible.

Anyway, after that discussion and also several PMs between me and Chuck, he was humble enough to consider my advice and went ahead and added a link to his signature so its easy to find his business from this forum. in the mean time, after I was able to locate his site, I perused it and decided it was definitely worth bookmarking.

A couple weeks ago I decided it was time to replace the old and dysfunctional 7912 Series I Atwood furnace in my trailer. So I started shopping around on-line like I always do, starting with my "preferred" sites which I keep bookmarked. I found the furnace I wanted, a 18K BTU Atwood 7920 Series II, on a number of sites, all within a few dollars of each other. One such site was fiberglasstraveltrailersrv.com. I had questions from all of these suppliers (such as shipping cost, stock status, vent kit options, etc.) so I sent inquiries to each retailer I was considering buying this from.

Not only was Chuck the first to respond, but to date, the only one who has responded, which he did personally and completely, answering all my questions satisfactorily. On top of that, he had the best price on this furnace, free shipping, and had it in stock.

So I placed the order on his site. He then sent me a message that he got the order and that it was being readied for shipment, then later I got another e-mail from him with the tracking number. It wasn't even due here until tomorrow (12/27) but arrived today and was exactly what I expected.

After I received the package and verified everything was there, I installed the furnace and fired it up and it works great just as one would expect. I can honestly say that doing business with Chuck and fiberglasstraveltrailersrv.com was one of the most pleasant and painless buying experiences I've ever had. And I've had MANY. I highly recommend this business. As we discussed in the earlier thread, businesses like this really need support from the community and from my experience, he certainly deserves our support.
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I totally believe in supporting the small business owner. Chuck is a good guy and totally supports the small all-molded towable community. He's gotten my business several times. If you are going to an egg gathering and so is he... FREE SHIPPING. What's not to like?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup I am also a happy customer!
As Donna says if your attending a Fiberglass Meet and Chuck is attending your sure to go home with some new trailer replacement items that you could use and the price is always right!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote