Bigfoot 5th whl trailers - 2 sizes? 19 and 20? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: actively shopping for a 5th wheel
Manitoba
Bigfoot 5th whl trailers - 2 sizes? 19 and 20?

All,
Recently looked at a T 20 Bigfoot 5th whl trailer. While this one was not for me, I noticed that the 5th wheel frame etc looked more substantial than one that my brother looked at and took pictures of for me. Were there 2 models of this type of trailer?
Both were single axle.
Unfortunately, the trailer that my brother looked at did not have an
information sheet in the closet, so I can't tell what model it actually is.
Both look very similar other than the bathroom on the one that I looked at is bigger, entrance step to 5th wheel bed area had more steps also.

Wayne
Wayne Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
As far as I know there was only one size, people just measure them different. The frames were changed through the years in size and configuration. There are at least four different floor plans that I know of and a couple variations of a couple of those. The bathroom sizes are all the same in the ones I have pictures of ( I have saved every picture I've ever seen), they are installed at different heights in the trailers.

The dual axle has a raised interior floor which sandwiches the holding tanks between it and the exterior fiberglass. That also make the ceiling height less and the upper cabinets smaller. It also requires an interior step up inside the door.

The beds had different step configurations too depending on the year, floor plan and how many martinis were had at lunch.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
bigfoot fifthwheel

Name:   0212nb4_19.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  9.3 KB
Hi Bigfoot made a 20 ft which came with a tandem axle they were different than the 19 ft they were a 21 ft but in 1993 there was a fire and the moulds for the fifth wheel were destroyed I can send you some pics of the 20 ft , also in the same mould was the 19 ft trailer both are very rare the 20 ft 5th and the 19 ft trailer ... Rick...
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Bigfoot Fifthwheel

As I see it the single axle fifthwheel was designed after the 17.5 trailer and the tandem axle was designed after the 19 ft trailer I did find some pics of both Rick....
SOLD - 1988 20' Bigfoot 5th Wheel - $10,200 - Clark County, WA

If you know about the legendary quality of Bigfoot, you will look at our 1988 Bigfoot 5th wheel Deluxe model dual axles up for sale. This trailer is 20 ft. long but lives much larger because of the unique design. It is totally self contained with a full shower, toilet, and sink in separate bathroom.
The Bigfoot 5th wheel trailers are quite rare since they weren't built too many years before the molds were destroyed in a factory fire. We have invested several thousands updating this classic one of a kind by Bigfoot.
It has the following all done : Professionally rebuilt original springs and added new leaf, new Dometic 5.0 cubic refrigerator/freezer, new flooring, new 8 ply heavy duty tires, new 13,500 BTU rv roof air conditioner, new propane lines, new propane tanks hoses, regulator and supply line, Max-Air cover, new custom decals, new gray and black drain valves, new high kitchen faucet, exterior polish, installed new bearings and seals, and new mini-blinds.
This 5th wheel also has a roof solar panel, TV antenna, one of a kind special order fiberglass bumper, continental kit fiberglass spare tire cover , roof rack & ladder, double sink, 4 burner stove/cooktop with oven, locking tire skirts on both sides, large closet and lots of storage, sliding large table at dinette that will seat 6 or more comfortably, fold out extra counter extension space in kitchen. Sleeps 4 ( 2 extra large queen sleeping areas), large bath with shower area.
This trailer needs nothing and is ready to go. $10,200.00-OBO/ CASH/ NO TRADES/ NO WIRES.Email for more pictures or questions. ( NOTE: THE TRUCK AND BIKE RACK IN THE PICTURES ARE NOT INCLUDED OR FOR SALE). This trailer has all the needed Canada RIVA stickers for being taken back to Canada without any importing problems is our understanding.
****MAY TAKE PARTIAL TRADE OF A BUMPER PULL CASITA, BIGFOOT, BURRO, SCAMP, BOLER. ONLY THESE MOLDED FIBERGLASS BRANDS WILL BE CONSIDERED.**********

Recent Postings
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot