Bigfoot Anniversary edition - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Ryan
Trailer: Shopping
Manitoba
Posts: 7
Bigfoot Anniversary edition

Just looking at an Ad for a BigFoot 2500 25ft series anniversary edition.. What would be the anniversary edition and what's the difference.

Thanks,

Ryan
Rodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
Posts: 645
I believe they were model year 2003. They had a distinctive interior decor.
Update: I just found out they celebrated a lot of anniversaries. They also had one in 2008.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:30 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Name: Ryan
Trailer: Shopping
Manitoba
Posts: 7
Thanks for the quick response looking at a 2003 25 anniversary and a 21 ft rb anything I should be looking for common issues?
Rodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:00 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: John & Gloria
Trailer: Bigfoot 21RB
Florida
Posts: 103
Check the condition of the frame members below the battery. If battery electrolyte has been getting on the frame and not being washed and neutralized there may be damage. If the model you are looking at has the winter package, check the condition of the rear portion of the fiberglass holding tank enclosure. The Bigfoot trailers sit low and are prone to tail dragging if one is not careful.
Travelin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:10 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Posts: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfhitch View Post
Check the condition of the frame members below the battery. If battery electrolyte has been getting on the frame and not being washed and neutralized there may be damage...
Not unique to Bigfoots of course, this is under the battery box on a three year old Scamp. One of the reasons I got an AGM.
Attached Thumbnails
UnderBatteryat3yrs.jpg  
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Posts: 133
I have a 2008 30th Anniversary Edition Bigfoot 25B25FB. Outside of special plum bottom trim (others had gold), it has a special decal on the side by the door noting it as a 30th anniversary edition. Short of that it's pretty the same as any other 25FB, except for year trim which varies.


You can see the special plum bottom trim paint on mine in the photo. Also I clipped a picture of a 2008 30th anniversary 21FB with gold trim.
Attached Thumbnails
08BF38.jpg   200830anniversary.jpg  

Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Posts: 133
There were also 2008 models without the special trim.
Attached Thumbnails
2008BF.jpg  
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #8
Member
 
Name: Ron
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Posts: 37
Where is it located?
rldr4574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldr4574 View Post
Where is it located?
If you are referring to mine, it's not for sale. I just posted pictures in response to the thread.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
Posts: 126
25 year anniversary Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgie View Post
Thanks for the quick response looking at a 2003 25 anniversary and a 21 ft rb anything I should be looking for common issues?

We have a 25Yr anniversary issue of the 25RQ, which we purchased in 2015. As far as we can tell, there were no special perks, except for an emblem right near the door.

One common Bigfoot problem from 2003 to about 2006 (I think) was with window-creep of the spacers between the double pane glass. This was due to a factory defect by the window manufacturer, that didn't turn up immediately. It's ugly, but does not seem to cause leaks.

Replacing all the windows with Bigfoot originals would cost over $2,000, if I remember correctly. We decided to just live with it.

I think there have been other threads in this discussion group that have mentioned this problem.

If you have the choice, get one that has a sprayball built into the black water tank. I think that became standard equipment, maybe beginning after Bigfoot reopened following a period of bankrupcy; it used to be an option.

Back in 2010, an unknown author produced a buyers checklist that was uploaded to fgrv by the administrator. It's good info for whatever type of used trailer you may want to look at.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...sChecklist.pdf

Hope this helps,
Josh
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #11
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 5,889
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh and Sonya W View Post
We have a 25Yr anniversary issue of the 25RQ, which we purchased in 2015. As far as we can tell, there were no special perks, except for an emblem right near the door.

One common Bigfoot problem from 2003 to about 2006 (I think) was with window-creep of the spacers between the double pane glass. This was due to a factory defect by the window manufacturer, that didn't turn up immediately. It's ugly, but does not seem to cause leaks.

Replacing all the windows with Bigfoot originals would cost over $2,000, if I remember correctly. We decided to just live with it.

I think there have been other threads in this discussion group that have mentioned this problem.

If you have the choice, get one that has a sprayball built into the black water tank. I think that became standard equipment, maybe beginning after Bigfoot reopened following a period of bankrupcy; it used to be an option.

Back in 2010, an unknown author produced a buyers checklist that was uploaded to fgrv by the administrator. It's good info for whatever type of used trailer you may want to look at.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...sChecklist.pdf

Hope this helps,
Josh
I am looking at a 2003 Anniversay 25RQ for someone. Is there much difference in the build from then to the ones produced now? Were they built then as a full four season trailer then too? I have not seen this trailer in person as it is quite a few hours away. Other than the mention of the window problem is there anything else specific to this trailer to look for. They claim it to be in excellent condition inside and out, but I would bet most say that.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
Posts: 126
Pre vs Post-2008 Bigfoot 25RQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I am looking at a 2003 Anniversay 25RQ for someone. Is there much difference in the build from then to the ones produced now? Were they built then as a full four season trailer then too? I have not seen this trailer in person as it is quite a few hours away. Other than the mention of the window problem is there anything else specific to this trailer to look for. They claim it to be in excellent condition inside and out, but I would bet most say that.

Hi Jim,

It's been a while since I've seen a new (post-bankruptcy) 25RQ; my wife and I did have a good look at one at a dealer in Phoenix in 2015. The person who showed it to us had worked for Bigfoot for several years before the company temporarily closed down, so he was very familiar with the construction.

In most ways, the old and new models seem to be almost identical. There were a few differences that made an impression on us:
  1. The older models came with a two door cabinet and counter space just forward of the refrigerator. In the new model, this cabinet has been replaced by an extended seating area on the driver side of the four-seater table. If I remember correctly, the extra storage area behind the driver side bench in the old design has been switched over to the passenger side. We much prefer the extra cabinet next to the fridge, the extended seat on the new model wouldn't be much use to us. I can't remember if there is storage space under the additional seating, my guess is yes.
  2. Our 2003 has a small outside access door to part of the passenger side under seat storage. That door was an option in those days, I think it may be standard on the new models. The door on our unit is badly positioned. It's installed directly behind the front support post of the shade structure. Unless the shade is extended, that support post has to be disconnected from its locked down for travel position, in order to open the compartment door. I think BF resolved that problem on the new model.
  3. In the older model, there was an additional corner cabinet about 2.5 feet tall, just to the left of the entry into the bedroom, near the foot of the bed. This was supposed to be for a small TV and related equipment. We don't watch TV any more so we use the cabinet for other things. You do need to kind of dance around that corner of the bed to get by the cabinet, so I imagine that's why Bigfoot decided to take it out in the new models. We appreciate having the extra storage.
  4. I think the new 25RQ model now comes standard with three steps to going up to the door, instead of just two. We are small people, so we have a separate extra step to make it easier for my wife to get in. Three steps would be nice.
  5. The new models come with a built in spray-ball for the black tank. It was an option on the older units. Ours does not have it; wish it did.
  6. The four season package used to be an option in the older models. I'm pretty sure that is now standard equipment on all models in the 2500 line of Bigfoot (trailers and campers). I don't think I've ever seen an older 25RQ advertised for sale that did not have the four season package.
  7. I think the new units (i.e. post bankruptcy) come with gas and electric water heaters. The electric (shore power) hot water system was an option in the older units.
And yes, it is unfortunate that some "small" things end up not being mentioned in ads or during the sale. And there can be other surprises too. The trailer we bought really was in good condition and we could tell it had not been used much; it still had the original tires on it, with excellent tread remaining. Of course, we had to purchase new tires right away because the old ones were 12 years old.

There will always be some surprises when you purchase something used. I'd suggest that your friend have a reserve of $2k in mind, to cover things that will come up in the first couple of years (or even during the first trip).

That's all I can think of for now.

Josh
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #13
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 5,889
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh and Sonya W View Post
Hi Jim,

It's been a while since I've seen a new (post-bankruptcy) 25RQ; my wife and I did have a good look at one at a dealer in Phoenix in 2015. The person who showed it to us had worked for Bigfoot for several years before the company temporarily closed down, so he was very familiar with the construction.

In most ways, the old and new models seem to be almost identical. There were a few differences that made an impression on us:
  1. The older models came with a two door cabinet and counter space just forward of the refrigerator. In the new model, this cabinet has been replaced by an extended seating area on the driver side of the four-seater table. If I remember correctly, the extra storage area behind the driver side bench in the old design has been switched over to the passenger side. We much prefer the extra cabinet next to the fridge, the extended seat on the new model wouldn't be much use to us. I can't remember if there is storage space under the additional seating, my guess is yes.
  2. Our 2003 has a small outside access door to part of the passenger side under seat storage. That door was an option in those days, I think it may be standard on the new models. The door on our unit is badly positioned. It's installed directly behind the front support post of the shade structure. Unless the shade is extended, that support post has to be disconnected from its locked down for travel position, in order to open the compartment door. I think BF resolved that problem on the new model.
  3. In the older model, there was an additional corner cabinet about 2.5 feet tall, just to the left of the entry into the bedroom, near the foot of the bed. This was supposed to be for a small TV and related equipment. We don't watch TV any more so we use the cabinet for other things. You do need to kind of dance around that corner of the bed to get by the cabinet, so I imagine that's why Bigfoot decided to take it out in the new models. We appreciate having the extra storage.
  4. I think the new 25RQ model now comes standard with three steps to going up to the door, instead of just two. We are small people, so we have a separate extra step to make it easier for my wife to get in. Three steps would be nice.
  5. The new models come with a built in spray-ball for the black tank. It was an option on the older units. Ours does not have it; wish it did.
  6. The four season package used to be an option in the older models. I'm pretty sure that is now standard equipment on all models in the 2500 line of Bigfoot (trailers and campers). I don't think I've ever seen an older 25RQ advertised for sale that did not have the four season package.
  7. I think the new units (i.e. post bankruptcy) come with gas and electric water heaters. The electric (shore power) hot water system was an option in the older units.
And yes, it is unfortunate that some "small" things end up not being mentioned in ads or during the sale. And there can be other surprises too. The trailer we bought really was in good condition and we could tell it had not been used much; it still had the original tires on it, with excellent tread remaining. Of course, we had to purchase new tires right away because the old ones were 12 years old.

There will always be some surprises when you purchase something used. I'd suggest that your friend have a reserve of $2k in mind, to cover things that will come up in the first couple of years (or even during the first trip).

That's all I can think of for now.

Josh
Thanks a lot for this great input, Josh. Sorry for the slow reply, but I was out camping until today.

Lots of good input. I will be sure to query about if it has the four season option, or not. Have to do lots via messaging first, as the trailer is near a days drive away.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
Posts: 126
No problem Jim, let me know if you have any other questions. Josh
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:35 PM   #15
Member
 
Name: ginette & ron
Trailer: 2008 25RB 21 Bigfoot
Ontario
Posts: 86
I believe the anivery editions also had the optional storage area on the tongue of the trailer, but not sure if that is so on the 25’. We have the 21.
__________________
GiRo proud new owner 2008 bigfoot 21'with cargo pod and Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Attached with a Pro Pride Hitch(Hensley design)
giro53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
Posts: 126
Ours does not have the extra front pod.
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by giro53 View Post
I believe the anivery editions also had the optional storage area on the tongue of the trailer, but not sure if that is so on the 25’. We have the 21.
That was just an option, and not included in the anniversary edition unless you ordered it.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bigfoot


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MO | SOLD 2008 B21RB Bigfoot 30th Anniversary Edition L Schmidt Classified Archives 4 06-27-2017 03:01 PM
AZ | SOLD: 2008 Bigfoot 21 Foot Anniversary Edition Sandstone Classified Archives 3 06-09-2017 01:49 PM
BC | SOLD 2003 Anniversary Edition 25B25RQ Bigfoot Trailer 77eurobus Classified Archives 7 10-14-2015 08:42 AM
CA | 2008 BIGFOOT 25B175CB 30th EDITION bigfoot2012 Classified Archives 5 02-09-2012 01:14 PM
For Sale- 2003 Anniversary Edition 21' Bigfoot travel trailer George Hublitz Classified Archives 5 11-18-2008 05:45 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.