Old 02-26-2020, 07:31 AM   #61

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Bigfoot "Silver Cloud"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you open a o/h in the EggCamper you saw the reflectix attached to the outer shell, same for inside the closet and underneath the bed and kitchen and other structural components. It may appear double but but nothing like Oliver. Even Escape is finished inside cabinets and under the bed but they are single hulled.
Yes, I have no doubt the Oliver is much more nicely finished that the EggCamper or any of the other double-wall trailers, consistent with its price and four-season mission. But all use a similar build method with large trailer-size inner molds and a shiny gelcoat interior on exposed surfaces.

You can see the outer shell (or insulation) inside the cabinets of a U-Haul and a Burro, too. Neither was intended as a four-season camper. Happier Camper is a bit different because the inner molds do not include integrated cabinets. For that they have their proprietary Adaptiv modules.

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:52 AM   #62

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Bigfoot 21RB 2500
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
Looks like the "Silver Cloud" got reposted: https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/rv...081932347.html

Goodness, they dropped the price, too!
Yes they did, I wonder why. Maybe it needs a lot of work as it is 33 years old. I have went to look at RV,S, Automobiles and when you get there the pictures don't tell the real story. Someone will buy it at the right price.

Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 PM   #63

Name: Lance
Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17.5 1987 Bigfoot 28 ft SilverCloud
British Columbia
Id tend to be wary. The photo of the front hitch area indicates general neglect. The advertised renovations might well be repairs for water damage. The interior walls, floor and ceiling appear to have been replaced and probably represent a significant investment to the seller, however some of the interior cabinetry that helped set the Silvercloud apart has not been restored. As Cindy previously mentioned a substantial oak dining table has been removed and I note that the upper cabinetry in the living area is missing doors, while the oak side table has been substituted with lesser materials. Even so, If the moisture problem has been addressed and the frame and the subfloor are sound it could still be a fine trailer. It would be nice to know that there is another Silvercloud on the road. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3100.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	133378
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:08 AM   #64

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Bigfoot 21RB 2500
British Columbia
Registry
I actually seen this trailer for sale about a year and a half ago. It was in pretty bad shape. I think they have been restoring it for a while now. I went to see it in its present condition. and yes there are things missing with this trailer not in bad shape for 33 year old trailer but it still needs work. But it is one of 12 made and rare yes. Some one will buy it and make her perfect. I see you own or owned a Silver Cloud was yours the one that was for sale in the interior years ago and worked on at Gilmay rv in Vernon.
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #65

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
As long as the frame and subflooring was in good shape and IF I had a tow vehicle for it, I'd still buy it! A couple of missing upper cabinet doors are inconsequential and I wouldn't want the living room table anyway.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, cloud