Bigfoot "Silver Cloud" - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2020, 07:31 AM   #61

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Bigfoot "Silver Cloud"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you open a o/h in the EggCamper you saw the reflectix attached to the outer shell, same for inside the closet and underneath the bed and kitchen and other structural components. It may appear double but but nothing like Oliver. Even Escape is finished inside cabinets and under the bed but they are single hulled.
Yes, I have no doubt the Oliver is much more nicely finished that the EggCamper or any of the other double-wall trailers, consistent with its price and four-season mission. But all use a similar build method with large trailer-size inner molds and a shiny gelcoat interior on exposed surfaces.

You can see the outer shell (or insulation) inside the cabinets of a U-Haul and a Burro, too. Neither was intended as a four-season camper. Happier Camper is a bit different because the inner molds do not include integrated cabinets. For that they have their proprietary Adaptiv modules.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:52 AM   #62

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
Looks like the "Silver Cloud" got reposted: https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/rv...081932347.html

Goodness, they dropped the price, too!
Yes they did, I wonder why. Maybe it needs a lot of work as it is 33 years old. I have went to look at RV,S, Automobiles and when you get there the pictures don't tell the real story. Someone will buy it at the right price.
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 PM   #63

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I’d tend to be wary. The photo of the front hitch area indicates general neglect. The advertised renovations might well be repairs for water damage. The interior walls, floor and ceiling appear to have been replaced and probably represent a significant investment to the seller, however some of the interior cabinetry that helped set the Silvercloud apart has not been restored. As Cindy previously mentioned a substantial oak dining table has been removed and I note that the upper cabinetry in the living area is missing doors, while the oak side table has been substituted with lesser materials. Even so, If the moisture problem has been addressed and the frame and the subfloor are sound it could still be a fine trailer. It would be nice to know that there is another Silvercloud on the road. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3100.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	133378
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:08 AM   #64

I actually seen this trailer for sale about a year and a half ago. It was in pretty bad shape. I think they have been restoring it for a while now. I went to see it in its present condition. and yes there are things missing with this trailer not in bad shape for 33 year old trailer but it still needs work. But it is one of 12 made and rare yes. Some one will buy it and make her perfect. I see you own or owned a Silver Cloud was yours the one that was for sale in the interior years ago and worked on at Gilmay rv in Vernon.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #65

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
As long as the frame and subflooring was in good shape and IF I had a tow vehicle for it, I'd still buy it! A couple of missing upper cabinet doors are inconsequential and I wouldn't want the living room table anyway.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #66

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1987
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We have a Silver Cloud. The space is nice. We can literally watch different TV shows in each end of the camper. It is interesting the differences between that one being advertised and ours. We have a table that goes between the couch and chairs in the living room that is not in this one being advertised (as well as one that goes between the 2 chairs). We have twin beds. We have a bathtub, rather than a shower. We also fixed it up. It had those mauve chairs originall

CindyL
I'm a new member today. I also have the exact same trailer 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1987 with twin beds and bathtub. Unfortunately no manual. Did you get one with yours?
DebBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #67

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Deb,

Yes, we have the manual. Just a caution, it is pretty generic. I thought I scanned it, but my computer died during a thunderstorm last week. I may have uploaded it somewhere. I can look around. I suspect it might be in the files on one or both of the Bigfoot Facebook pages, maybe even here.

I will let you know if I find it.

CindyL
Old 08-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #68

Registry
Yep, I found it. I uploaded it to the 2 Bigfoot Facebook groups you may wish to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108876309153853/files

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/91079926641

It is a generic Customer Manual for '80s Bigfoot campers. Look for it in the files and post pix of your camper. Not much in there about the Silver Cloud, but it came with our Silver Cloud.

Congrats! We love ours!

CindyL
Old 08-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #69

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1987
Ontario
Quote:
Yep, I found it. I uploaded it to the 2 Bigfoot Facebook groups you may wish to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108876309153853/files

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/91079926641

It is a generic Customer Manual for '80s Bigfoot campers. Look for it in the files and post pix of your camper. Not much in there about the Silver Cloud, but it came with our Silver Cloud.

Congrats! We love ours!

CindyL
Thanks so much for your help
DebBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:35 AM   #70

That’s three road-worthy and one project Silvercloud in this thread. I know of another in central B.C. I wonder where the others are?
Old 08-11-2021, 05:58 AM   #71

Registry
One showed up in California a while back. He was on Facebook for a bit asking questions, showed off his new awning, and then disappeared.

And doesn't Grant have one? I have heard this.

CindyL
Old 08-12-2021, 12:36 AM   #72

So perhaps we have four known Silverclouds. A new awning would be nice. The mechanism on ours is unreliable so we don’t use it and I’ve never seriously looked into replacing it.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:56 AM   #73

Registry
Our awning has issues too. Kevin has been macgivering it successfully so far. We use it all the time with our screen house.

CindyL
Old 08-12-2021, 07:11 AM   #74

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Our awning has issues too. Kevin has been macgivering it successfully so far. We use it all the time with our screen house.

CindyL
Well I guess you never get any wind. Where I am in Southcoast Mass I can never leave the awning out because of the sea breeze/gale that we get most everyday.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #75

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Well I guess you never get any wind. Where I am in Southcoast Mass I can never leave the awning out because of the sea breeze/gale that we get most everyday.

Actually, Thomas, what I meant was, when we use the awning, we always try to put up the screen house. If the wind threatens, we take the screen house and awning down.

CindyL
Old 12-08-2021, 10:08 AM   #76

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Lance, sorry for being so late to this thread! You mentioned you needed new axles on your Silver Cloud. What were the symptoms of the bad axles and what type of axles are they? Because of the foam insulation covering, I can’t really tell…torsion? Did the new axles raise the trailer up a bit, too? Final question…you mention in another thread that the Prest-O-Fit Blueline (?) sewer hose fits in the Silver Cloud holder. What length hose…10’?
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #77

Name: Keven
Trailer: Shopping
Florida
I need to find one of these for sale!
Enyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #78

Bigfoot Silver Cloud

Hi new member If you are wanting to buy a SilverCloud well that will be hard as there were only 12 or maybe 16 made. I have seen 5 Three in Bc Canada and one in Alberta Canada and the one Cyndie owns.. They do not come up for sale very often.. Good luck shopping. But you know if you purchase any Bigfoot you do get the same workmanship on all models...

Rick M
2005 25ft RQ
Old 12-09-2021, 03:17 PM   #79

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar View Post
I need to find one of these for sale!
. There have been a few that came up for sale and did not sell, as people were afraid of the repair. If you are handy, you might find one of these.

CindyL
Old 12-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #80

Name: Keven
Trailer: Shopping
Florida
Quote:
. There have been a few that came up for sale and did not sell, as people were afraid of the repair. If you are handy, you might find one of these.

CindyL
Thanks I will keep an eye out and I am very patient. Are they a true 4 season like newer bigfoots with the dual pane windows and insulated/heated tanks? I wasnt sure about construction differences between the SC and newer models.
Enyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, cloud