Biggar FGRV - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #1

Name: Jay
Trailer: Currently searching for...
Oregon
Folks,

This Biggar has alot of style but looks a bit worn from the weather. Can anyone tell me what is it worth? I am considering purchase.

Thanks
Jay
Attached Thumbnails
mystery_FGRV_dinnete.jpg   mystery_kitchen.jpg  

Attached Images

Jay Moeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Jay, Cassandra recently bought one... you could check with her and compare features, etc. I don't know if she mentioned what she paid... here's the most recent topic:
Biggar trailer owners... where art thou?, Got a biggar? help!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
What's it worth to you?
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
They seem to be worth a pretty penny... they're solidly built with lots of neat little features, and all I know is that when I bought mine, I had to fight other buyers off with a stick to get it.

I've sent you a detailed message. Good luck on your quest!
Casandra F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #5

Trailer: Biggar and Trillium
Hi Jay

First, this Biggar has been painted as the only color combination they came in was a cream top and a kind of mahoganny Brown bottom. I bought mine last year in very good original condition with all its original equipment and manuals for $2900. The only real issue with it other than need for polish was that it needed new flooring and the fridge did not work. I'm working on the fridge and flooring is an easy job. Manitoba is kind of biggar central as this is where they were made, they are rare around here but they do show up from time to time for sale. There is one about an hour away from me that the dealer wants $5800 for. It has been repainted, but very poorly done.
They are quite a well made trailer but certainly reak of 1970's styling with the orange velour, dinggle balls on the curtain valances and all the dark wood. the huge front, smoked windows are really nice. the entire trailer is double wall, insulated construction including a seamless fiberglass belly. The front Dining are is huge with a full U shaped booth; great for cards or wine and conversation with a big crew at night. That all converts to a nice sized bed. Along the side by the door is a sofa bench that pull out to a tight double bed with cupbords above that also convert to a single bed. The bathroom is a good size with toilet and sink all intergrated into the shower stall. There is a huge amount of storage, however all the storage bins have to be accessed from inside the trailer. Outside access doors could be installed by a backyard handman.

The guy that started the company worked for Bolar and decided to go on his own and build a better larger, Boler. Most people believe it is called Biggar because it's a bigger Boler, but really it's a Biggar because the guy's name was Bob Biggar.

I haven't put my unit up for sale yet. I always wanted one, and when I found this one last year complete and in nice original shape I was really excited about it. Now my wife decided we should buy 30 foot park unit and I really don't have a use for the trailer I always wanted. Emotion says I keep it, logic says I sell it, especially when i also have a 15 foot Trilliam that is in outstanding condition.

Hope this helps. Here are some pictures of my Biggar that I took when i picked it up last fall.

Gary

Quote:
Folks,

This Biggar has alot of style but looks a bit worn from the weather. Can anyone tell me what is it worth? I am considering purchase.

Thanks
Jay
Attached Thumbnails
Bigger.jpg   Bigger_1.jpg  

Bigger_2.jpg   Bigger_3.jpg  

Bigger_4.jpg  
Gary Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggar