Burro Pics - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We had our first maiden voyage, Woo Hoo it was great! We took our 1975 Burro to Lake Casitas and it was everything and more for us. The last few months we have restored it completely. We mostly have pics to post of the out side but soon will get you pics of the inside. There was a few changes we made from the original design from when it was first built but mostly the changes that were made was just to make it more use able. Space was a really big thing to me and we have plenty of it. There was allot of people who took the tour inside and the first thing they said was there is more room than what they expected. I can not tell you how happy we are with our new baby Burro!

Karrie

This is when we first brought it home!

Click image for larger version

Name:	498.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	19873

Click image for larger version

Name:	905.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	19870
Attached Thumbnails
907.JPG   908.JPG  

Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Well, let me be the first to say, CONGRATS!! I know all our little guys, and girls (mine is a girl) are precious!!! I am so glad you love it sooo much, as I do mine, I am at home here, I am sure you feel the same!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:48 AM   #3

Trailer: Tent
Greg, as a fellow Burro owner, yours puts mine to shame and mine is seven years newer. I must say I love how you have cleaned up the outside, and hope that when done mine looks as good. I love the shine and am wondering what you used, mine is dull and flat much like your original picture.

Great inspiration and thank you for posting pics to remind me how good mine will look some day. I would love to see and hear what you have done on the inside as well.

Mike
Old 05-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #4

Trailer: Tent
Monica M, "Me: A retired 37 yr old from SoCal (Just good planning my friends)"

I could only wish, with three teens and one heading off to college, retirement may just never come. At least I have weekends.

Congrats to you as well.

Mike
Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Greg:

I am a former Burro owner. Ours was a '78. Nice job! You have already experienced the cute factor and how it attracts attention. We had two ladies chase us into a parking lot just to see it.

You need to change your signature line.

CindyL
Old 05-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's on finding the perfect egg for your travels. Enjoy!

Great job on cleaning it up and getting it sooooooooo shiney! Wow! As MikeCM asked, What did you use to get it so shiney? I am sure a lot of elbow grease, but if you wouldn't mind passing along the products you used.
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for all the compliments, Karrie will post interior pics in the coming days, this restore has been a labor of love.
We have towed a teardrop trailer around for over the past few years and i can definitly say this fiberglass trailer is lighter than the teardrop.
I tow at around 60-65 mph, but my lead foot better half pushes 70-75 until i catch her, our tow vehicle has been a Hyundia Elantra which has proved itself quite capable.
I will ensure interior pics will include the new convertor and battery wiring, plus the heavy duty trailer wiring harness that was installed.

Greg
Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
Very nice and shiny. We enjoy our little Burro immensely. It looked like there was an awning rail in one of the photos. Did you install an awning and if so how did you attach it. We would like to add an awning, but I am not certain how to attach. Is the rail screwed through both fiberglass layers? Can't wait to see more photos. Enjoy Burro'ing
Rozanne G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro