Burro Trailer Company - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Moderator Hat On

Lets keep this conversation on this thread nice.
Thank You
Chester

Moderator Hat Off
Old 10-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #42

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
Hi Matt,

I don't see the content in your last post?

I don't specifically need your information. I'm not sure how to explain this more clearly, and I was trying not to be offensive and to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it is starting to seem like you are happy to take our information (from the forum members collectively), but are not are not planning to share your information in kind.

That seems pretty rotten to me, after all that the the members here have given freely of their information to help you.

The members and moderators here do their best and put forth quite a bit of (volunteer) effort in order to make our database a good one; a free and accurate database for all to use. Since you have (and are) benefitting from that, it seems like you might give back when you can?

Apparently you don't see it the same way. That's too bad. I'm sorry I chipped in, but when I did it was in the spirit of an open and reciprocal information exchange. My bad.

Raya
I am still waiting for a PM with you home phone number. My number is in you inbox. Please give me a call.
Matt, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #43

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, but if we are going to talk, I'd rather do it through the forum. Any information you would give me about the Burro molds I would put here anyway, as I think the public database here is valuable and worthy, and I appreciate the group's openness in sharing information.

If there is something that you would like to say via PM, then go ahead and send it in text. That would be preferable to a telephone exchange.

Thank you,

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #44

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, but if we are going to talk, I'd rather do it through the forum. Any information you would give me about the Burro molds I would put here anyway, as I think the public database here is valuable and worthy, and I appreciate the group's openness in sharing information.

If there is something that you would like to say via PM, then go ahead and send it in text. That would be preferable to a telephone exchange.

Thank you,

Raya
I would like to talk to you in private to discuss why I do not feel comfortable sharing some of the information. This is my second request for you phone number. You have my phone number please give me a call.
Matt, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #45

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
I would like to talk to you in private to discuss why I do not feel comfortable sharing some of the information. This is my second request for you phone number. You have my phone number please give me a call.
I'll take the call Matt.....860-535-0369
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #46

This thread is now closed till the Admin Staff have a chance to look at it and give its approval to continue or be stopped.
Chester
Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #47

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
<Moderator Hat ON>

I have had a number of private conversations with Matt, and Matt stopped by my house on his recent research trip across the country. Matt has done a significant amount of original research that will add greatly to our knowledge of the history and inter-relationships of the manufacturers of our shared hobby of fiberglass trailers. His trips have not been without expense, and he deserves to make whatever he can from his endeavors. While many of us have provided what clues we can to him, he has and will continue to fill in many blanks that we have only conjectured about.

As for the original Sac City Burro molds, I tracked them down three or four years ago and could have been much more specific in my posts about their location; however, you must remember that not everyone wants their information broadcast online. I was respecting the privacy of the party who has the molds as I had never asked whether or not I could provide information about him publicly. Privately, I provided his information to Matt along with some other info on the Love Bug production, and he was able to find out many fascinating things about both Burro and Love Bug by taking those tips and doing extensive local research and interviews.

Matt may have made other arrangements with the current owner of the Burro molds; I don't know, but I think it appropriate to let Matt complete his project before anyone makes demands of him for information. I don't know exactly how Matt's project is going to shake out, and I know that there's still a lot of information that he wants to get before he goes into the editing room, but I know that what he's doing is going to be a quality project with very interesting information and I am excited, and can hardly wait to see the culmination of his research.

So... let's all give him a little room to work, and as much help as we can provide to help him do what he's doing. I can promise you that there's nothing out there in the depth or quality of research that's close to the scope of what Matt has undertaken.

In the mean time, if there's other valuable information we can continue to post in this thread about Burro trailers, let's carry on.

<Moderator Hat OFF>

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #48

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry

a commendable endeavor..........I agree..time will only reward everyone..........Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #49

Any updates on the vanished burro molds lost in maybe Mexico? This mystery reminds me of that Leonard Nimoy show "in search of" I always liked. Anyway, has time rewarded us yet in solving this mystery yet?
Attached Thumbnails
nim.jpg  
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #50

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool Funny you should mention "Show"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Any updates on the vanished burro molds lost in maybe Mexico?
Matt, H is in post production work on his fiberglass-travel-trailer-documentary. The last rumor I heard is that the answer will be in the film...

Sometimes these projects take years to complete.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #51

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Ken that takes me back. I remember "I.S.O... the Loch Ness Monster" like it was yesterday. did Peter Graves narrate any of those, or do i have my wires crossed?

If you liked Nimoy in "In Search Of" I am sure you'll appreciate this:

Old 04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #52

Roger H,

Has the status of the privacy of the party who has the mysterious Burro molds changed in these 4 years in that you can now tell us what country they are in?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #53

Name: john
Trailer: n/a
Iowa
burro

The guys name that might still have molds for the Burro is Jerry Woodke or Brian Woodke in Schaller Iowa.
jewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #54

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Makes sense that the Sac City molds would be in Iowa. Wonder if the Iowa story became confounded with the later Escondido fiasco? The SoCal concern in much better position to head for the border. I've also heard that the later Burro hulls were laid up in Mexico which, if true, would mean the tooling didn't need to go south.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #55

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Ken that takes me back. I remember "I.S.O... the Loch Ness Monster" like it was yesterday. did Peter Graves narrate any of those, or do i have my wires crossed?

If you liked Nimoy in "In Search Of" I am sure you'll appreciate this:

Wow! Nice trivia news to me.
Hair do was his own. Ears were makeup.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #56

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
So, anyone have any insight as to whether or not this 'documentary' will ever come to light? Matt seems to have disappeared along with the end product?
Dave_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #57

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Maybe his priorities changed?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #58

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
Hey Rabbit,

Do you have a new Burro decal? I got new letters but a new burro head/ears would look nice.
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #59

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfoxmont View Post
Hey Rabbit,

Do you have a new Burro decal? I got new letters but a new burro head/ears would look nice.
Try this place, and you can get any color you want: Burro Camper Decals
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #60

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy Matt's 'documentary'

Has there been any word on Matt's documentary? Looks like it has gone the way of too many of our manufacturers.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro