Camp Grounds in Tacoma area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Camp Grounds in Tacoma area

does anyone know of what campgrounds in the Tacoma Area with Power (30/50A), water & Sewer. We have friends coming into town from way down in Arizona that need a place for their trailer for a week.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
does anyone know of what campgrounds in the Tacoma Area with Power (30/50A), water & Sewer. We have friends coming into town from way down in Arizona that need a place for their trailer for a week.
Stude
Dash Point SP is probably the closest, right on the north city limits boundary with easy access to downtown. The camp sites are not on the water but there is a trail to the waterfront picnic area and beach.

I know they have water and electric. I can't remember if the have sites with sewer.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #3

British Columbia
Campgrounds in the Tacoma area needed.

Thanks for the help Dave, much appreciated.
Stude
Old 07-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Dash Point State Park is probably the best option that is closest to Tacoma. Loop B has sites with electrical, water & sewer hookups.

RV Park Reviews is a good resource to check out different facilities.

Washington Campground Reviews - The Best of Washington Camping - RV Park Reviews

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Dash Point State Park is probably the best option that is closest to Tacoma. Loop B has sites with electrical, water & sewer hookups.

Washington Campground Reviews - The Best of Washington Camping - RV Park Reviews
And, if you are cost conscious, check with nearby commercial campgrounds. I found most Washington State Parks, particularly for non residents, to be more expensive than commercial campgrounds.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post

:thanks for the info Mike.
Stude
Old 08-01-2018, 05:06 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Stude
:turns out my friend from Arizona has finally found one and it is the KOA in Kent area and he booked it.
Thank you for your help, I should of come to you the first instance he mentioned it to me because if anyone would know of a place it would be people who live and camp in the area.
Just so you all know I use the name Stude as my wife and I once restored a cple. of studebakers. On August 20 to Sept. 1/18 our SDC will be holding for the first time in many many years the International Studebaker Drivers Meet at the Lemay Museum all the Studebakers which are mostly privately owned will be parked out front of the Museum, with security on site, on those dates. There will be a large swap meet for parts and other items going on at the same time.
My wife and I no longer have Stuebakers as we sold the farm and moved to a apartment where we only have 1 parking space so we now drive a modern car which we tow behind our Motor Home. This past summer we did 11 weeks through BC, Yukon, Alaska and finished up in BC, it was a wonderful experience to go to Alaska but we did not get to see Denali as it was covered in Low hanging clouds for most of the time we spent in the area. We stayed in a Campsite in a place called Cantwell, basically it was just a big "X" Gravel Pit but it had all that we needed except a sewer system and to dump you had to go to a designated spot they had on site but big problem everyone and his Dog wanted to use it at the same time. So we passed until we reached our next destination of Anchorage, Ak
Now Anchorage Campsite was very interesting and if you do not like trains and their whistles it is not a spot for you.
Stude.