Campground cheaters - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Cheating?
Cheating 17 34.69%
Self Preservation 24 48.98%
Quit complaining, at least you get to go 6 12.24%
African, or European? 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #41

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Why do people leave their porch light on all night when in a campground? We have never figured out what they were leaving it on for. Even dry camping we have found some people turn their lights on when they go to sleep and leave it on all night. Not as bad as having a generator next to you but still not fun.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #42

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Why do people leave their porch light on all night when in a campground? We have never figured out what they were leaving it on for. Even dry camping we have found some people turn their lights on when they go to sleep and leave it on all night. Not as bad as having a generator next to you but still not fun.
Afraid of the dark?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #43

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Afraid of the dark??? You don't even see them outside much less out in the dark!!!

And then, we have the people that have Christmas lights all over the awnings and leave them on all night long too. GRRRR.....

Then you have those people that play their music so loud, they can hear them in the next county. And, it's ALWAYS passed "quiet time" and no ranger around.
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #44

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Then you have those people that play their music so loud, they can hear them in the next county.
Hey, my new trailer has KILLER outside speakers under the awning... I've always wanted that... now instead of turning the stereo off, I can just change the fade to the back channel and blast smooth jazz out over the rappers in the next tent over... ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #45

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Afraid of the dark?
The porch light is left on all night, on the RV, for the same reason it is left on all night at home. We city people are afraid of the dark, and have been told that we must leave the light on for security. This is a habit that is most difficult to break.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #46

The guy two doors down does the same thing - has a big outside light that even lights up my back yard. Saves a lot of money for me as I don't have to put electric lights in my yard now!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #47

Registry
Quote:
The porch light is left on all night, on the RV, for the same reason it is left on all night at home. We city people are afraid of the dark, and have been told that we must leave the light on for security. This is a habit that is most difficult to break.
There's been times when I was almost tempted to help break that habit with the help of a darkness inducing air rifle. Double mantel Coleman lanterns would have been the target in my younger days. Another temtation I managed to avoid is using the same device to silence a speaker or two.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #48

Registry
Unhappy

Quote:
I was almost tempted...
I managed to avoid...
Thank you for your civility.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #49

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Roger,

*puts on sing song tone of childhood song...*

"Anything you can do,
I can do louder"

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigamps1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	5480

once I find a ladder, anyway...

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #50

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Gina... you'll notice that I am only tempted to do it OVER the tunes of the "rapper" next door... I would NEVER do it otherwise...

Byron, I'm with you... although beneath my meek, mild-mannered exterior lies a really, REALLY nasty evil persona who, rather than an air rifle, for effect would be more than happy to exercise a shotgun in the performance of same...

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #51

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
A couple of summers ago I camped with my son in Tofino, Vancouver Island. Later on in the evening the group of young people beside began the party, hardy loud music. Very early the next morning I dug out my opera music, and my son became so embarrassed that I would play it. I said "son, either it's going to be opera or church hymns" I don't get mad I get even. "You know your getting old when ---"
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #52

You were lucky - normally they are up and out of the campground before I can do something like that. However, I was thinking about clanging pans together!!! I wouldn't want to take the chance that they may like opera.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #53

Registry
Thumbs down

Quote:
Byron, I'm with you... although beneath my meek, mild-mannered exterior lies a really, REALLY nasty evil persona who, rather than an air rifle, for effect would be more than happy to exercise a shotgun in the performance of same...

Roger
...and people wonder about us city persons being afraid of the dark. I have to put up with gunfire and helicopters in my neighborhood at home.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #54

Registry
Quote:
...and people wonder about us city persons being afraid of the dark. I have to put up with gunfire and helicopters in my neighborhood at home.

Us country folks hear gunfire sometimes. It's usually somebody removing a gopher or mole from this world. Once in a while it's a bit of target practice. I've heard gunfire once where is was meant for a person, and that was when I lived in the city.

I have helicopters going overhead too. Sometimes in National Guard out playing, sometimes it's spaying a field, and sometimes it's Life Flight taking an accident victum to the local hospital.

But you city folks don't want to move to the country, it's dark at night, there's strange noises, lots bats flying around, and you might step in a gopher hole.

I suggest you put lots of lights around your house, surveillance cameras, motion detectors, heavy bars on the windows and doors, and stay inside. Would that help?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #55

Registry
Talking

Quote:
I suggest you put lots of lights around your house, surveillance cameras, motion detectors, heavy bars on the windows and doors, and stay inside.
Oh, you've seen my house.

In my neighborhood, most of the helicopters belong to the city's police force, who are shining BRIGHT searchlights into our backyards and alleys, circling the block for 1/2 hour at a time. I live near the convergance of 3 freeways. If it's not a police helicopter, then it's a TV news helicopter getting video of the traffic accident/snarl du jour.

There are a lot of Liquor Stores in the city. Too many patrons of them consider a handgun a substitute for a credit card that you don't make payments on. They are also a wholesale marketing tool for the gangs who sell drugs here.

(If you see a pair of sneakers tied together, dangling from an overhead power line, it is a code for the spot your neighborhood pusher conducts business.)

I don't have window bars, though. I have roll-up security shutters. They look like industrial garage doors. Keeps the bricks & rocks from breaking the glass.

This is why I spend a lot of time in my Fiber Stream.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #56

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Oh, you've seen my house.

In my neighborhood, most of the helicopters belong to the city's police force, who are shining BRIGHT searchlights into our backyards and alleys, circling the block for 1/2 hour at a time. I live near the convergance of 3 freeways. If it's not a police helicopter, then it's a TV news helicopter getting video of the traffic accident/snarl du jour.

There are a lot of Liquor Stores in the city. Too many patrons of them consider a handgun a substitute for a credit card that you don't make payments on. They are also a wholesale marketing tool for the gangs who sell drugs here.

(If you see a pair of sneakers tied together, dangling from an overhead power line, it is a code for the spot your neighborhood pusher conducts business.)

I don't have window bars, though. I have roll-up security shutters. They look like industrial garage doors. Keeps the bricks & rocks from breaking the glass.

This is why I spend a lot of time in my Fiber Stream.
I would be moving real fast
Old 04-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #57

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Wow!

Us Country Mice best stay here up north out west in the Boonies!

This weekend, we drove down a boat-launch and saw three RVs with kids on 4-wheeler ATVs and so we turned around to get out of there to a more quiet spot on the ocean.

No fee, no Ranger, no host. No showers, no power, no hook-ups. No reservations. A litter barrell, that not everyone uses. We clean up before and after we camp.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:44 PM   #58

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Wow!

Us Country Mice best stay here up north out west in the Boonies!

This weekend, we drove down a boat-launch and saw three RVs with kids on 4-wheeler ATVs and so we turned around to get out of there to a more quiet spot on the ocean.

No fee, no Ranger, no host. No showers, no power, no hook-ups. No reservations. A litter barrell, that not everyone uses. We clean up before and after we camp.
My kind of camping, Charlynn.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #59

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
In Dante's Inferno Campground Cheaters were sent to Circle 9, cantos 31-34; as they should be!
Dante divides circle 9, the circle of treachery--defined in Inferno 11 as fraudulent acts between individuals who share special bonds of love and trust (61-6)--into four regions. Caina is named after the biblical Cain (first child of Adam and Eve), who slew his brother Abel out of envy after God showed appreciation for Abel's sacrificial offering but not Cain's (Genesis 4:1-17); condemned to a vagabond existence, Cain later built a city (named after his son, Henoch) that for certain Christian theologians--notably Augustine (City of God, book 15)--represented the evils of the earthly city. In the circle of the lustful, Francesca identified her husband (Gianciotto)--who murdered her and Paolo (Gianciotto's brother)--as a future inhabitant of Caina (Inf. 5.107). Dante's attention is here drawn to two brothers, the ghibelline Napoleone and the guelph Alessandro, who murdered one another because of a dispute over their inheritance (Inf. 32.55-60).

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #60

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
In Dante's Inferno Campground Cheaters were sent to Circle 9, cantos 31-34; as they should be!
Dante divides circle 9, the circle of treachery--defined in Inferno 11 as fraudulent acts between individuals who share special bonds of love and trust

Alrighty then! You told 'em where to go! (Exactly where to go!)
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote