Campground reservations - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Campground reservations

Well, while winter roils around the area, I have been making campground reservations for the coming year around New York State, and then in Delaware.

June will see us at Letchworth Sate Park, early July at Watkins Glen State Park, then the end of July Barnhart Island at Robert Moses State Park. We'll be at Delware Seashore State Park the week of Labor Day.

It has been incredibly cold here for a long time, and one snowstorm after another. We're in the beginning of another big snowstorm, and they say the coldest weather of the winter is coming later this week.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Hay Frank PM me and let me know what weekends you will be at letchworth and Watkins I to am planing trips there maybe we will be there the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Hi Frank; the problem I'm having with the snowstorms is I have to pay someone to plow my driveway rather than do it myself. Sat on the beach today as it finally got to 70 after some cold days in the high 50's Our 2015 reservations are almost all made plus a couple for 2016. Have to get to Watkins Glen someday. Doing Glimmerglass again this year. Stay warm and be careful driving to work.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Sorry to hear that you're having such a miserable run of bad weather.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #5

New York
Thanks Mike, no fun, that is for sure. When you're still a working stiff, these big Sunday storms we're been getting are just not much fun.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 02-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Weather can get us all down, when it's wet/snowy/cold... whatever.

I have reservations made now (and paid for) for my major trips in 2015 (planning 2016!). The thing that keeps me motiviated is knowing there's fun times ahead. For me, plotting and planning my trips is (at least) half the fun. YMMV
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Well, I've got my reservations made around Michigan for several rallies and campouts... I guess I better put in for the time off, eh?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Well, I've got my reservations made around Michigan for several rallies and campouts... I guess I better put in for the time off, eh?
Being both working stiffs, that is what got me going on this last week Pam, then made all the reservations Friday, except for Delaware, which I had to do yesterday (7 month out thing). Then Friday I handed in all my vacation requests, noting I had reservations for all of them.

Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 02-09-2015, 12:02 AM   #9

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post

It has been incredibly cold here for a long time, and one snowstorm after another. We're in the beginning of another big snowstorm, and they say the coldest weather of the winter is coming later this week.

Frank
Seems like each area of the country has its troublesome weather issues. Here on the southern Oregon Coast, we've had pretty much non-stop torrential rain & high winds since last Thursday, enough to cause Severe Flooding & Weather alerts (& to give my Bigfoot a nudge or two). It can get "interesting" here on the coast in winter (which is why I love it, actually), but at least we don't have to shovel tons of snow or endure severely cold weather. I feel for you!

It's been since 1962 that I lived in upstate New York. As a kid, we never thought about what the adults endured every winter; it was that special time of year for sledding, ice skating, & tobogganing!

I remember my Dad saying to my Mom after an especially long snow-shoveling session, "Mary, I've had it! We're packing up the kids & moving to Californy!" We stuffed our '59 Ford to the roof, packed an 8x8 utility trailer with whatever it could hold, & off we went.

I left "Califory" a while back, but my Mom & Dad continued to live in the northern part until they passed. They never regretted the move, & my Dad would tell stories about the horrid upstate NY winters. Each time he told the stories, the snowdrifts would get taller & the temperatures colder.
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #10

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Hi Frank, made a few weekend and fishing trip reservations over the summer. Will be starting to try and get some FL state parks for next winter shortly (11 month window), doesn't look to be an easy thing to do. Also have to get some out in Utah in the fall but their window is only 6 months. Love this retired thing.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #11

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I understand about your dad's stories. Just remember that, as you get older, it's twice as far to the mailbox and it's uphill both ways. Back in the olden days, I had to walk five ............blocks to school. Really had it tough.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #12

Trailer: 87 Scamp 13 ft
Frank, in Delaware, Cape Henlopen State Park is a good location on the beach.
JOE DRISSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #13

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE DRISSEL View Post
Frank, in Delaware, Cape Henlopen State Park is a good location on the beach.
We wanted to stay near Rehoboth Beach Joe, so picked Delaware Seashores, not really knowing where to go. We'll visit Henlopen when we're down and see what we think. Thanks for the tip!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 02-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #14

New York
Is Cape Henelopen the one where most of the sites are like you parallel park along the road? And drive to the beach? And there is an old coast watch tower there? Assateague is interesting, state campground is much better than the Federal. Last time we were at Cape Henelopen was in April a couple years ago and the flies on the beach were terrible, same at First Landing VA. One year when we were at Assateague it was so hot you could hardly breathe, then it rained and flooded the campground and someone was kayaking in one of the loops and kids were swimming in there amongst the horse crap. Then there was a thunderstorm and some lady got hit by lightning. And our new screen room blew over. A pony took my sisters bag of chips, then two males were fighting right in front of us on the beach. But we had a good time anyway.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #15

New York
Here's a map of Cape Henlopen: http://www.destateparks.com/download...-Main-2014.pdf

We'll be on the shore there the week of Labor Day. I think that's hurricane season?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 02-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #16

New York
There was a military base there during the war. Some buildings and artillery guns still there or have been brought in. Interesting place but weird camping area, like a few "streets" and you parallel park your rig along the street.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Frank I live in New Hampshire and we've been getting slammed with snow. Can't wait to camp this summer.

If anyone has questions about NH camping, I've been to quite a few campgrounds in the White Mountain area. Just ask away.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #18

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
Frank I live in New Hampshire and we've been getting slammed with snow. Can't wait to camp this summer.Tony
I think we've had it better than you folks Tony, only 30" in the last month, but bone numbing cold. Oh well, it's February. What's a fellow to do?

I expect to hit you up on some great campsites in NH. I have plenty of vacation time this year (for a change!).

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 02-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
I think we've had it better than you folks Tony, only 30" in the last month, but bone numbing cold. Oh well, it's February. What's a fellow to do?

I expect to hit you up on some great campsites in NH. I have plenty of vacation time this year (for a change!).

Frank
We're up to 7' of snow!

This is a great family place wooded campsites
Moose Hillock Camping, White Mountains New Hampshire off the beaten path though.

We tend to go here a lot. Right off Rt 93, awesome tent camping in wooded sites on the Pemi river. You can tube out of the campground, kayak rentals too 1 mile down road.

Has a decent pool also. Branch Brook Campground - Campton, New Hampshire > Home
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #20

New York
Thanks Tony. Like you say, hard to see summer from here, but it's coming!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006