Casita Bunkhouse Floor Plan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The following pictures are of a 16 foot Casita that appears to be a rare floor plan, it is not discussed on the Casita website. I've been renting these trailers for a few years and it was that experience that led me to buy an Escape fiberglass trailer. The trailers were rented from a USAF Morale, Welfare and Recreation office and one of the trailers (not the one pictured) is a 2005 model.

The trailer looks like a Spirit floor plan with the rear double bed and side dinette/single bed except the front bathroom and closet is replaced with a gaucho sofa/bunk bed. The front of the trailer has a large window with rock guard like a Scamp. The trailer doesn't have any waste tanks. With the shown floor plan, 5 can sleep comfortably. Replacing the side dinette with the optional gaucho sofa/bunk bed would provide sleeping for 6.

We liked the option of putting our two kids in the front bunks and still having the side dinette available and although 5 or 6 could make for a cramped rain day, the floor plan may be of interest to many.

I have no idea how much it weighs or costs, but since MWR had a 2005, I assume they can be ordered from Casita.

The first picture is from the back of the trailer looking forward, the bunk bed is down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed_Down.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1670

The second picture is the same view with the bunk bed up. Note that the left hand metal support pole is not installed (I couldn't find it).

Name:	Bunk_Up.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1671

The third picture is the front of the trailer showing the rock guard.

Name:	Front_Outside.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1673

The fourth picture is from the front of the trailer looking back, it is the standard Spirit floor plan.

Name:	Front_to_back.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1672
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Wow, that's a lot of seating...

There's also an air conditioner (looks like a window-type unit) under the front sofa, with a vent panel visible behind the propane tanks. In all of the many discussions of how to shoehorn A/C into an egg, I don't remember seeing that particular setup. Per has his in that position, but with a more innovative venting arrangements.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Every model Casita makes can be a standard or deluxe. The deluxe has the bathroom, holding tanks and water heater. The standard comes without the aforementioned but has the front gaucho instead. I know of a couple of people who have them and one ordered it that way.

As far as cost goes, I haven't checked in a long time, but I think it was around $2,800 less for the standard model. Don't quote me on the price, but I think it was close to that. If you look at their website, they have weights listed for standard and deluxe.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good catch. Their website is imprecise on the standard floor plan set up and I've never seen one other than the rentals so I figured they were a special set up.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 Boler
that is a nice looking trailer. i love seeing the pictures of all of these different trailers so i can get ideas for mine.
very nice.
Erik J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I have a 2005 price list for Casita. The 17' Deluxe models (Liberty, Spirit, & Freedom) have a base price of $15,679 and the 17' Standard models have a base price of $13,773. The 16' Deluxe is $14,252 and Standard is $12,650. The 13' Deluxe is $13,134 and Standard is $11,598. By the way, I got this price list in November and all the models had a $2000 or more reduced sale price at that time of year. Tom Trostel
Old 03-11-2006, 07:25 AM   #7
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Thanks, Tom. It seems that the differences are getting smaller. Although I haven't done a price check on the standard models since early 2002, I thought that it was over $2000 at that time.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #8

Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
I saw one that was set up to sleep six as long as the two in the upper bunks were children under 85 pounds. It was rented out of Eielson A.F.B., Fairbanks, Alaska. Better than a tent trailer any day.
Craig Nold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #9

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe / 2006 Tundra V8
I have an '04 Spirit Standard in this configuration. I ordered it specifically for the extra room and the options it presents. I always camp where there's a bathhouse to shower in and I have a porta-potty stored under the side table which is dropped to make a sitting area or extra sleeping in about a minute. The bunkbeds were modded to make a 31" sleeping area at night and another sitting area during the day (daybed). The back is modded with the table down in a bed position with a standard twin bed mattress in place. I ordered my "Ova the Rainbow" online, never seeing a Casita before, for the possibilities it had to offer. I wasn't disappointed when I picked it up in Rice on 10/03 and I still love it today.
Brenda Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita