Casita Club? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2021, 08:26 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Casita Club?

Anyone have any idea what happened to Eric's Casita Club forum? It appears to have disappeared...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:24 PM   #2

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2020 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Texas
I got the same message of ‘server could not be found’ on another website that closed down that I was a member of. The owner lost interest in what was happening on the website and quit paying for it. We had a lot of members on the website. He never asked if anyone wanted to take it over and keep it going. It was sad that he never told anyone on what he was doing; not even the moderators.
West Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 06:58 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yep, I think it's gone for good this time. It was a wonderful forum back in the day. 2000-2010 or so. Lots of posts every day. Then CasitaForum took off, followed by all the social media platforms. Lately it had become more a social forum for the few that were still hanging on. Really hate to see it go. It was still a wealth of information if one knew how to search for it.
Jimmy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #4

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
It will be missed....some good folks on there. Sorry to see it go.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Jon,

I've looked into CasitaClub's status and found that it's Registrant Organization: Mutt Media was dissolved May 5, 2021. I don't understand exactly what this means but Mutt Media was owned by Eric and other websites of his were owned by Mutt Media too. So, I think this means CasitaClub is kaput. But I also found the Domain Registered to GoDaddy, which expires in Feb 2022. Maybe GoDaddy owns the name??? As I said, I am unfamiliar with this kind of thing so can't be sure.

Anyway, I wrote to Eric once before in 2019 and he answered and made some improvements but that was right before the pandemic. I just wrote him again to ask if CC has gone "Belly up" for good. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

It's good to find you and others here.

Carol Christensen
Carol Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #6

It has been almost a month since I wrote to Eric Mayer. I have had no word from him, which, I think, speaks loudly to my question.

I, for one, appreciate all the time, money and effort Eric spent building Casita Club. It has given me many years of enjoyment.

Although I am sad to see it go, I am thankful that it was the forerunner of at least two other web sites specific to Casitas and fiberglass trailers.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Carol! It's been a lonnnng time - it's nice to see you on FiberglassRV.com, and I'm sorry to learn that Casita Club is MIA. Take care!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #8

Hi Mary,

What a nice surprise to hear from you. It has been a long, long time. I haven't been camping for more than a year. Right now there are so many active fires in neighboring states we've been staying home to avoid all the smoke. I'm hoping the fall weather will improve things and we can get back to enjoying nature.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #9

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Casita
Washington
That's the problem with social media...something happens to an online friend and who is to know? I wonder if perhaps Eric didn't catch Covid...I hope not, but he does live in Idaho, and that state has the lowest # of vaccinated people in the entire country.
I miss CC, but I am glad to have been on it at all, having met some very fine people and even made friends. Now I'm on this website and while it is much, much bigger than Casita Club, still..I expect to learn new things. Thanks, Carol, for continuing the hunt for explanations. I believe your efforts were in vain, but still..it's the effort that counts.

We too, are sticking close to the homestead. We had a wildfire break out just last week, that's the second one in less than a year. This time it didn't take out anyone's home (one family is still without a house from the Sep 20 fire) and the DNR and fire department were on it Right Now. They even dropped water on it from a Helicopter.
So we're washing and waxing the cars, doing rain dances, everything we can think of to make it rain. I'd say mow the lawn,...but that died in June's heat wave.
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita